UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Nextbox 3.0 will not play recorded programs through composite connection feeding a projection tv.

Only live shows play but live pause and rewind also stop and freeze in various colors and shapes.

This started after a Feb 1,2016 update.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@park wrote:

@jays77@  wrote:

OK,  after one day with the new less than easy to use Navigatr my thumb is worn out from all the extra remote clicks needed to access features and tring to figure out how to use them.  i too have encountered many of the complaints listed in the multitude of threads and posts but will (at this time) just mention the ones that are close to being a deal breaker with Rogers.

1.  The font on the guide and more so in some of the features is still almost unreadable for anyone with with less that 20/20 vision.  This is may not be a big issue for some but it is important to older viewers or those with visual disabilities. 

2.  With the NB2 not being able to easily determine if there are scheduled recording conflicts is time consuming and extremely frustrating.  Oh don't forget not being able to see the channel, and time  of scheduled recordings without haviing to click,click,click.....

There are several other issue that I absolutely detest but  "for now" will try to live with,  However, I'm n ot sure how long that will be.  My husband is already  advocating for  moving everything to Bell, but I am hoping for Rogers to make improvements over the coming weeks.

One quick question.  The mini-guide.  When I change channels it flickers into view for about one-tenth of a second.  is there any way to get it to stay long enough to read it?

Re miniguide, just select the channel again and read fast. Repeat till done!

Smiley LOL     Thanks for the chuckle.  I needed that.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Composite...meaning a combination Red, White and Yellow cable?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@maxthor3 wrote:

Nextbox 3.0 will not play recorded programs through composite connection feeding a projection tv.

Only live shows play but live pause and rewind also stop and freeze in various colors and shapes.

This started after a Feb 1,2016 update.

That sounds like the issue with Copy Protection... which people were having with trying to output to a VCR or DVR.

Havent specifically heard it with output to a TV via those connections though. 

You are not putting it THROUGH a VCR or something first?  (tv to vcr, vcr to tv, etc)

I've Been Here Awhile

Can any one tell me how to actually delete a "Tile" of a show or series that you no longer want to tape?  I have read everything about deleting recorded shows, scheduled shows etc... but there is nothing I found that actually told you how to remove the actual Tile of a show/series.  

Frustrated NextBox Navigatr user!!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Only had a few mins to look at mine this morning (we just got it).. so may not be accurate on the wording.

If you go into that tile for that show/series..

On the right hand side, there should be a few choices..

I think it was the 2nd one down, was delete series of scheduled recordings or something similar to that.

I've Been Around

With the new navigator system on the Next Box I watch my shows in the order they are taped.  Does anyone know how to sort them by individual shows and the date they were recorded?

By the way this new system is NOT easy to use!!!!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just got Navigatr over night, only had a few mins this morning to really look at it.  Will have to do a more in depth review once i have the chance to really sit down with it.

First impressions:

- Tiles.. yeah not so sure on them.  Even though yes some stuff was foldered before.. i think that was still a cleaner interface

- recordings listing within a tile - i kind of like that it shows a progress bar for the ones partially watched.. you can see how far through a particular one is (you could see that it was in progress before.. but not how much)

- Interesting to see the 'current time' line down the guide listing.  More like the anyplacetv recording app.  Without having to check what time it is NOW, can more easily see how far through the current block you are.

- speed - may be just me.. but it does seem a little quicker, at least on my 9865, but the drive is also mostly empty.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You mean, like on the old guide.. where you could sort them PURELY by date (so no folder-ing) of when they were recorded?

Unfortunately... there is no way to do that, at the time Smiley Sad

I think there may be some date sort options INSIDE each tile/show.. but thats it.

I've Been Here Awhile

Well, that did not work either - I have deleted all of the recordings and scheduled recordings in that tile and the tile is still showing.