UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

How soon after the Email/Text/Telephone blast are we supposed to receive the update?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The more shows like this is not something new.
It has been around since the previous RTN guide.

It IS something you can turn off though.

I dont have the new guide so can tell you where it is.
But under the SETTINGS there is an option to turn that off.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@bobbysk My guide was updated a day after I received the text.
I Plan to Stick Around

Got the new Navigatr last night here in Ottawa. I agree with the other posts, I like it. I have tried all features and have had no problems. I am sure there will be a few tweaks required, but that’s OK.

I have noticed over the year that quite a few users suffer from R2C, “Resistance To Change”. As Mr. Bean A.K.A. Justin Trudeau said its 2016, get over it and enjoy.

I Plan to Stick Around

Maybe they skipped me because I got text and calls on Thursday and still no updates this morning!

I Plan to Stick Around

@jbulach wrote:

Got the new Navigatr last night here in Ottawa. I agree with the other posts, I like it. I have tried all features and have had no problems. I am sure there will be a few tweaks required, but that’s OK.

I have noticed over the year that quite a few users suffer from R2C, “Resistance To Change”. As Mr. Bean A.K.A. Justin Trudeau said its 2016, get over it and enjoy.

Hi @jbulach@mousetamer,

Had Rogers released the current version of Navigatr as its initial release then there wouldn't be near the amount of anger and backlash from people who've had their content wiped out on numerous occasions, had to endure several dozen simplistic bugs and ZERO feedback or communication from anyone at Rogers. Keep in mind this was dumped on us unwilling participants with absolutely no information as to when any of this would be resolved. As it stands there are still several outstanding issues, and still no mention from Rogers on when any of them will be addressed.

It's great that you received a semi-stable, semi-acceptable update but given the loss of functionality compared to earlier software versions and simple things such as being unable to turn Closed Captioning on or off from a recorded program SIX MONTHS LATER can't really be classified as being resistant to change. It's more about expectations of receiving a quality product for the premium price we've been paying for this service since the so called upgrade was forced on us.

I'm not sure if you're aware but there is another thread on this forum with 1,674 messages pertaining to the initial rollout. If you want to understand the reasons behind some of the frustration then take a look through:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/highlig...

FWIW, I remain hopeful that most of the issues will be dealt with eventually but the journey to date has proven that Rogers has absolutely no respect for its customers. 

Cheers

I Plan to Stick Around

I recieved it in Guelph ON today. It worked and my nextbox 3 is up and running on Navigatr......unfortunately, my owned nextbox 2 (8642) is continuously scrolling an HXXXX counting message. Im on hold with technical support. I own this box and I hope this patch has not killed it. Any other similar experiences?
I've Been Around

When I change the channel, a display pops up showing what is on for the next few hours. With the recent enabling of the updates to my nextbox, whenever I change the channel, a pop-up window displays what is on for the next few hours. Even though this display disappears quickly, I would like to disable this display.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@jbulach wrote:

And that's exactly what's wrong with the world today that's got us into so much trouble. Change for its own sake with no regard to improvement or progress and total abandonment of gains achieved before. "If it's new, it must be better!" In most cases it's jumping from the frying pan into the fire.  No, I don't have Navigatr and with my hardware won't be getting it in the foreseeable future, but I've been reading enough horror stories over the past few years on the transition to RTN, then Navigatr Alpha, then Navigatr Beta, that I consider myself very fortunate. Every one of these changes lost several useful features from the previous user interface while adding a lot of fluff to signify change. Turning your TV on and watching and managing recordings should be a painless intuitive procedure, not the stressful challenge it looks like it has become.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Advisor

@lzm40 wrote:

When I change the channel, a display pops up showing what is on for the next few hours. With the recent enabling of the updates to my nextbox, whenever I change the channel, a pop-up window displays what is on for the next few hours. Even though this display disappears quickly, I would like to disable this display.

You can diable it. Its one of the settings items.

BTW should,t a Rogers person be able to reply?. Do they know how their products work ?