UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/Janua​ry 2016

If I reset to factory settiongs, will I get Navigator. I dont have it now.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/Janua​ry 2016

No.. BUT it is being rolled out to everyone on a NB2/NB3 box.. so you will get it eventually.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/Janua​ry 2016

Sorry I should have said your luck will run out eventually!

My luck ran out on July 28!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@Mister_A wrote:

Hi @khristopher,

@khristopher wrote:

Are you serious? That is ridiculous. Why show items that are not actually recorded? If I want to see shows that I have scheduled, that would be in the scheduled list.

Ah! I see the problem -- you've confused Navigatr with some sort of PVR software! You obviously weren't paying attention when Rogers explained in detail how Navigatr is designed to bring you, the customer, a greatly improved television viewing experience!!! No mention at all about being designed to make PVR operation either logical, easy, or even tolerable.

The sad fact is, there *is* no 'scheduled list', nor, for that matter, a 'recorded list', nor lists of any kind!!!!

Instead, Rogers has brought you, the customer, the fabulous, new, innovative, stupendous Windows 8 'Bathroom Tile' interface! (Of course I'm all set, because my smart phone has a 70" touch-screen...)  

Regards,

Mr. A

Would be interesting if we could ever get a REASONING behind the change.

My assumuption would be... that some marketing guys pictched it.. and it obviously got accepted.
"which group of people are we currently loosing most of our sales to"  "the younger generation"
"what are they watching?"  "Netflix, youtube, etc"
"So lets make our interface more like that!!! so you the kids will think its hip!"

Most of us, obviously know better.

Not to say, i dont LIKE a tile interface.
I do like it for netflix.. shomi, etc. 
At home for local files.. i moved from DLNA to a tile based interfeace with Plex.. as it just looks cleaner, etc.

BUT.. it has to WORK and be DONE right.. and not REMOVE options available before.
Or at least, give the option to have A or B.

I'm an Advisor

@Gdkitty

My theory is that it was insigated by Rogers suppliers, and Rogers accepted without doing its homework or doing any testing with its customers.

Reasoning: The timing last July coincided with Cisco xfering its settop box business toTechicolor (Thompson spinoff).

And the software developer, Espial, referred to its channel partner working with a tier 1 cablco.,ie Rogers.

Could be that Cisco had already trashed its own software team,or Espial/Technicolor spun a great fiction.

I've Been Around

I hate the new Navigatr. How can I differentiate if my son has already watched a program? The icon is gone. The white box indicating a program is too small and difficult to see. The red was better. The font is too small. How can I save series in one folder instead of pages of pictures. There are NO benefits to the new system.

I Plan to Stick Around

I came on Friday and the whole setup has changed

some the shows I taped did not tape

it is a mess

Rogers doesn't care about the customers

then I get my bill and it is triple from the last one

thank you Rogers

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Community!

Starting tomorrow, we’ll be rolling out the new Navigatr software to all NextBox cable customers in Ottawa and London. 

We’ll keep you posted on upcoming Navigatr updates to the rest of our cable footprint, in addition to notifications customers will be getting by mail, email and text.

Thanks!

RogersDarrell

I'm Here A Lot

I really am having trouble understanding why Rogers would continue to punish more customers with this terrible software when it is so clear how badly broken it is in so many ways. This is not production ready. It's not even beta software. It's alpha software tbat has not been thought through, and needs massive reworking.
please stop the madness, for the sake of your customers and yoyr business.
@RogersDarrell wrote:

Hey Community!

Starting tomorrow, we’ll be rolling out the new Navigatr software to all NextBox cable customers in Ottawa and London. 

We’ll keep you posted on upcoming Navigatr updates to the rest of our cable footprint, in addition to notifications customers will be getting by mail, email and text.

Thanks!

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

@jgross

How correct you are. I cannot think of one other company that, knowing the software is still flawed, would keep rolling it out to customers. Not only that, but they even sound excited about rolling it out! Geez!