UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
DrMike
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Posts: 265

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

The "Set Reminder" function in Navigatr doesn't work like it used to

 

 

Before this garbage "upgrade" I was able to set a reminder for a show and about a minute before the new show started a dialogue box popped up and asked me if I wanted to cancel the reminder or switch to the new show now. However, if you did nothing it WOULD SWITCH to the new show. This was very valuable because we often left the TV unattended counting on it to switch over for us as the default. This is especially valuable if we needed to go back and rewind a show.

 

Now the new Navigatr has the same option, and the same dialogue comes up, but now it WILL NOT SWITCH automatically. The dialogue just goes away if you do not input anything and it remains on the channel you are watching, not switching to the channel you set the reminder for. In other words the default now seem to be to "cancel the reminder".

 

This is a BIG loss of function. Anyone know how to get the old functionality back?

DrMike
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Posts: 265

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@perform wrote:

The channel "reminder" function not working properly...

 

In the old version, I was able to set a time as "reminder" to watch particular channel, when one minute before the set time, a reminder screen will pop up and ask whether I wish to watch it now or cancel, IF I DON'T DO ANYTHING, IT WILL AUTOMATIC SWITCH TO THE SET CHANNEL WHEN THE SET TIME IS REACHED, that is great because I can be away from the remote and knowing my up coming program will be automatic switch over, BUT

 

The new version doesn't so that anymore, I have to run over and grab the remote and select "watch now" or "decline", THE PROBLEM IS if I select "watch now" I will be missing the last minute of my current program, and if I am away from the remote control, the channel just stay put on the current channel......it's annoying and totally defeat the purpose.


Yes, I had not seen your post and have posted a new one expressing exactly the same concerns. I look forward to restoring the old functionality as well!

DrMike
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Posts: 265

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@DrMike wrote:

The "Set Reminder" function in Navigatr doesn't work like it used to

 

Before this garbage "upgrade" I was able to set a reminder for a show and about a minute before the new show started a dialogue box popped up and asked me if I wanted to cancel the reminder or switch to the new show now. However, if you did nothing it WOULD SWITCH to the new show. This was very valuable because we often left the TV unattended counting on it to switch over for us as the default. This is especially valuable if we needed to go back and rewind a show.

 

Now the new Navigatr has the same option, and the same dialogue comes up, but now it WILL NOT SWITCH automatically. The dialogue just goes away if you do not input anything and it remains on the channel you are watching, not switching to the channel you set the reminder for. In other words the default now seem to be to "cancel the reminder".

 

This is a BIG loss of function. Anyone know how to get the old functionality back?


 

Update: (please note @perform )

 

I connected with Rogers Support over the Facebook Messenger link and basically outlined what I wrote above.  The answer I got was:

 

"Hi, thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, the old function cannot be retrieved. We'll pass it along internally to the Navigatr team. "

 

So I replied:

 

"Thanks for the quick reply. Please feel free to pass on my utter frustration with Rogers and the Navigatr team.

 

Can the designers not see that a "reminder" that either a) forces you to navigate away from the program being watched before it is over or b) just timing itself out and not activating is next to useless???? What is the point of setting a reminder then?? Do the people who design this garbage ever USE the products they design??

 

This new software is a joke. I have yet to find ONE thing that it actually does better, and have found a number of things like the above noted issue that it does far worse. How is this "progress"? Change for the sake of change is the mark of a very bad organization. It might just be time to take my business elsewhere after perhaps 30 years of (being frustrated by) Rogers."

 

And one last reply form them to wrap it up totally unresolved:

 

"Thank you for getting in touch. The contents above have been noted and will be sent for review. Hope you a nice evening, and apologies for any frustrating experience. We would hate to lose you after all these years. If there's anything else we can address for you please don't hesitate to get in touch. Appreciate your time."

 

Um, no you don't appreciate any of our time or you wouldn't pull this over and over..... 

scuddycat
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 37

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@DrMike wrote:

@DrMike wrote:

The "Set Reminder" function in Navigatr doesn't work like it used to

 

Before this garbage "upgrade" I was able to set a reminder for a show and about a minute before the new show started a dialogue box popped up and asked me if I wanted to cancel the reminder or switch to the new show now. However, if you did nothing it WOULD SWITCH to the new show. This was very valuable because we often left the TV unattended counting on it to switch over for us as the default. This is especially valuable if we needed to go back and rewind a show.

 

Now the new Navigatr has the same option, and the same dialogue comes up, but now it WILL NOT SWITCH automatically. The dialogue just goes away if you do not input anything and it remains on the channel you are watching, not switching to the channel you set the reminder for. In other words the default now seem to be to "cancel the reminder".

 

This is a BIG loss of function. Anyone know how to get the old functionality back?


 

Update: (please note @perform )

 

I connected with Rogers Support over the Facebook Messenger link and basically outlined what I wrote above.  The answer I got was:

 

"Hi, thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, the old function cannot be retrieved. We'll pass it along internally to the Navigatr team. "

 

So I replied:

 

"Thanks for the quick reply. Please feel free to pass on my utter frustration with Rogers and the Navigatr team.

 

Can the designers not see that a "reminder" that either a) forces you to navigate away from the program being watched before it is over or b) just timing itself out and not activating is next to useless???? What is the point of setting a reminder then?? Do the people who design this garbage ever USE the products they design??

 

This new software is a joke. I have yet to find ONE thing that it actually does better, and have found a number of things like the above noted issue that it does far worse. How is this "progress"? Change for the sake of change is the mark of a very bad organization. It might just be time to take my business elsewhere after perhaps 30 years of (being frustrated by) Rogers."

 

And one last reply form them to wrap it up totally unresolved:

 

"Thank you for getting in touch. The contents above have been noted and will be sent for review. Hope you a nice evening, and apologies for any frustrating experience. We would hate to lose you after all these years. If there's anything else we can address for you please don't hesitate to get in touch. Appreciate your time."

 

Um, no you don't appreciate any of our time or you wouldn't pull this over and over..... 


I agree with what you have said.  I've made similar complains to several people at Rogers and it all falls on deaf ears, denial (haven't heard about the dissatisfaction), apologies, excuses...but never an acknowledgement or promise to make it better.  Offers to escalate and get called back from the Office of the President haven't yielded a call back yet.

 

Like you, I've been a customer for over 30 years.  That's about to change.  Roger's silence on the issues we are having and lack of willingness to do anything about it isn't the kind of company I want to give my money to, not to mention that the current system is frustratingly unusable.

Customer01
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 73

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Having just received this software, it became apparent very quickly how awful it is.  Managing recordings is just a nightmare. Scanning through all the comments online and in this forum, it is astounding to see the responses from Rogers, or should I say lack of response from the company.  They just keep reiterating that they continue to roll it out, they are sorry for any inconvenience, and offer no solutions.  They seem to have swallowed their own Koolaid, believing their own hype about their fabulous new, improved software.  

Well, Rogers, newsflash:  it's a disaster.  I don't believe your "surveys" that say that most people like it.  What surveys?  Who did them?  Who did you ask?  How many?

The old software had problems, but it worked most of the time.  You built up expectations for something better, and wow, have you disappointed your customers.  And then it gets worse, because you are not acknowledging the problems, not giving any indication of what you will do about it, and continuing to send out bills.

The time has come for a senior management person to publicly acknowledge this disaster, and explain what will be done about it.

Please don't acknowlege this note with canned reponses.  Just do something about it.

 

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 14,331

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

You have to understand though..

The people who you are talking to, are just front end workers.

These people CAN NOT make promises that  anything would get fixed.
They do not make those decisions.  They are not the devlopers/programers, etc.

All that those people can do, is pass the information along.



scuddycat
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 37

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@Rogerscustomer1 wrote:

Having just received this software, it became apparent very quickly how awful it is.  Managing recordings is just a nightmare. Scanning through all the comments online and in this forum, it is astounding to see the responses from Rogers, or should I say lack of response from the company.  They just keep reiterating that they continue to roll it out, they are sorry for any inconvenience, and offer no solutions.  They seem to have swallowed their own Koolaid, believing their own hype about their fabulous new, improved software.  

Well, Rogers, newsflash:  it's a disaster.  I don't believe your "surveys" that say that most people like it.  What surveys?  Who did them?  Who did you ask?  How many?

The old software had problems, but it worked most of the time.  You built up expectations for something better, and wow, have you disappointed your customers.  And then it gets worse, because you are not acknowledging the problems, not giving any indication of what you will do about it, and continuing to send out bills.

The time has come for a senior management person to publicly acknowledge this disaster, and explain what will be done about it.

Please don't acknowlege this note with canned reponses.  Just do something about it.

 


There have been so many posts written like what you have written above.  I wrote something like that after receiving the update early last week.  After countless calls to Rogers with issues I was having and asking why we lost so much functionality and usability and getting nothing back from them other than:

  • denial that they've heard any horror stories,
  • lots of empty apolgies,
  • promises to get a call back from the Office of the President (never received) and
  • lack of acknowledgement that anything is wrong...

not to mention the edited and deleted posts on this very forum because someone didn't like us telling our stories and giving our opinions, it became very clear to me that Rogers isn't listening to us and isn't going to do anything to help us.

 

I continue to read posts from people like myself that were recently subjected to the new interface.  They all say the same things:  how could Rogers keep rolling this out when there are so many problems.  And believing (like I initially did) that they would acknowledge our problems and actually do something.  Maybe they will, maybe they won't, but the lack of any word from Rogers didn't give me a load of confidence.

 

So, after being subjected to Navigatr for less than a week and driving me nuts (and reading endless posts on this and other forums where everyone was describing the same issues and frustrations both with the system and Roger's lack of response), I did my research on alternatives and found one with a better deal and better interface.

 

As a customer of Rogers for over 30 years, I didn't make this decision lightly.  With Rogers not bothering to return my calls it became apparent to me that loyal customers aren't important enough to them.

 

For those of you that stay with Rogers, I wish you well in your plight/fight with them.

 

Good luck!

mfait
I'm a Reliable Contributor
Posts: 194

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@Gdkitty wrote:

You have to understand though..

The people who you are talking to, are just front end workers.

These people CAN NOT make promises that  anything would get fixed.
They do not make those decisions.  They are not the devlopers/programers, etc.

All that those people can do, is pass the information along.


Who do they pass this information to?

 

Maybe it's time they requested some feedback from these people as to what they plan to fix and when, so that they can provide it to us in this forum.

Customer01
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 73

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@Gdkitty wrote:

You have to understand though..

The people who you are talking to, are just front end workers.

These people CAN NOT make promises that  anything would get fixed.
They do not make those decisions.  They are not the devlopers/programers, etc.

All that those people can do, is pass the information along.



That's why this forum is pretty useless.  Clearly the information is not going through, or is falling on deaf ears.  Senior management needs to get on this forum and say something meaningful.  

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 2,154

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

That is the all important question.  Yes, the front line workers, or first, second, or even third tier cannot answer most of our current questions.  It is way above their pay grades and responsibilities.

 

So suggestion one - when we tell them we have already done that or know that, stop mindlessly following the scripts, and just say you don't know.

 

 

There was a time that teams of reps met weekly on mondays and went over all new issues and concerns, suggestions from customers, that team leader then took it to a higher level team that pulled together common issues for all teams, then from there someone or group prioritized and dealt with them.

 

A simple one that requires no need to go to very high levels of decision levels, is that if customers have confirmed exactly how to work through an issue like CC, then make the decision to change the scripts, change the knowledge base information, and stop telling us things we have heard over and over again, and we keep repeating, that doesn't work, and here is a work around.

 

In the past, I have had issues moved very fast on a system level because of this process.

 

But I think Rogers is really floundering at the moment with tech support, keeping how to's and FAQ's current, and are beginning to just send us to the forum - where we just came from, so we just get more frustrated.  

 

Companies are known to go out of business totally due to letting things get too far out of control and poor implementation of damage control, and being an ostrich is not the solution to moving forward.

 

I just went through this while out of curiousity I decided to read the Facebook posts.  I found over and over again, when people asked about CC on their PVR or on demand, referring them to a video, or FAQ, on how do the life show settings from info and more.  After reading about 7 of these, I finally started posting the known routines of how to work with turning on and off CC from on demand and PVR recordings.  One of them even said, we have to turn on CC when we record - not true at all, used to be that way at one point.

 

Lots of misinformation going on and pretty bad when users are telling Rogers support and Facebook moderators and many people are left with misinformation, until someone pitches in and corrects them.

 

Manuals would be nice to as many have said, but it would be impossible to create a manual on this, it would be a giant trouble shooting section and workaround section, and very small how to based upon how it is supposed to work.  Manuals are first started in the design, engineering, and desk testing, and alpha testing, and finalized after a beta.

 

We have not finished the beta - we are the beta testers, so there is  no way they can produce a manual.

 

I really do hope that Rogers senior teams with the implementation and design teams do a very serious lessons learned activity of not just Navigatr, but also the related channel lists, documentation, testing, communication, app designs that interface, and other issues that have come up this year.  There is many things that we and all users have provided feedback on what worked, what didn't work, and what could be done to improve things.  Now that is the real test of whether they have both listened, and learned.

Bruce