UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@websurferdude wrote:

<snip>

It is a pity that you can't see just recorded shows rather than just the scheduled ones.  Also, can anyone tell me how to get to the option to reboot the box/set back to factory??? 

The regular list shows the recorded shows.  The "to be scheduled some day" i.e. no recordings and schedule is > 6 days out, or perhaps never)  are at the end.  

It would also be nice if we could set up a 'Nagivatr How To' thread to learn how to do various things - like someone had posted about how to access CC.  I think i have one, perhaps someone can verify for me - if you are watching a recorded show and switch to 'Live', to get back to the show you were watching all you have to do is click 'Exit' to return to it.  Am i correct??

Great idea !

Am not at home to verify it, but my guess it would either do nothing or pop you to the top of the recorded list.

<snip>

Park

- formerly known as the "Rapid City regional Airport" 

I'm a Senior Contributor

@websurferdude  I'm glad to hear that the list has been useful beyond the first Navigatr rollout.  I keep an eye on the forums to see what is happening, but I can't contribute to the current discussion as I don't have a Nextbox any more.

I'm an Advisor

@khristopher wrote:

I record Jimmy Kimmel Live and notice it was still recording over 12 hours after it aired! I just deleted the episode. It was filling up the PVR pretty quick.

Also, I have noticed that in my list of recorded shows, it shows a couple of shows that have no episodes recorded! These should not be showing up if there is no episode recorded for that show.

Dunno why Jimmy would record on ad nauseum. I expect Rogers may not either.  Rogers ?

But the couple shows you mention are likely at the end of the list. and also show 0 scheduled as well.

These are series that you have scheduled to record (probably sometime ago). There are no episodes scheduled inthe next 6 days.

Park

- now know as "Rapid City Regional Airport" backwards.  

I've Been Here Awhile

@park wrote:

@khristopher wrote:

I record Jimmy Kimmel Live and notice it was still recording over 12 hours after it aired! I just deleted the episode. It was filling up the PVR pretty quick.

Also, I have noticed that in my list of recorded shows, it shows a couple of shows that have no episodes recorded! These should not be showing up if there is no episode recorded for that show.

Dunno why Jimmy would record on ad nauseum. I expect Rogers may not either.  Rogers ?

But the couple shows you mention are likely at the end of the list. and also show 0 scheduled as well.

These are series that you have scheduled to record (probably sometime ago). There are no episodes scheduled inthe next 6 days.

Park

Are you serious? That is ridiculous. Why show items that are not actually recorded? If I want to see shows that I have scheduled, that would be in the scheduled list.

I Plan to Stick Around

57 wrote:

Same as before -> Settings - scroll up (one click) or down (many clicks) to "Troubeshooting" - Diagnostics. 

People need to remember that menu items may not always appear on the page you are looking at.  You may need to scroll down, or up to get to more menu items.  Sometimes there is an "arrow" at the bottom of the page indicating this, sometimes not.

I only wish it didn't default to "Factory Reset". That is very poor programming!

I found it, not by pressing 'Settings' button but the 'Menu' button and going to 'Setting' under the main headings.

It doesn't default to anything on my box - you have to chose either 'Factory Reset' or 'Reboot Box'  Perhaps i've got a different version of Nagivatr then you do and they made a change.

I've Been Around

Search on navigatr

Anyone else finding new search TERRIBLE! search used to cover all vod (including hbo vod) now it does not. Also search only shows next show where old search showed a bunch of upcoming. A good example is veep. You used to be able to search and it would come up in various ways and show all episodes ... Now you just get "no results" ... This new search is all looks and no function!!! 

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Agreed @gordongroup   The new Search on Navigatr is USELESS.  With Rtn, Search showed every time a program was playing over the next week - and I found this feature VERY USEFUL.   I used to use that aspect of search probably 20 times a week.

As an example, - I noticed there was a show on that had already started - so I wanted to record it later on that day or this week - from the BEGINNING: so I went into Search - and the ONLY result it gave me was for the show that was CURRENTLY playing.  That is USELESS.  Because I KNOW this show was repeating later that day or this week - but the VERY FLAWED Navigatr search FAILS to display all the other showings of that episode.

This is ANOTHER incident of Rogers TAKING AWAY FUNCTIONALITY.

I've Been Around

I don't know if it's the software or the user interface, but this is a typical lousy launch of something new. I wish companies were not allowed to impose upgrades unless they completed and passed usability tests that were done with customers and posted with the announcement about the launch. 

I've Been Around

The new Navigatr—oh, what a mess. Let me count the ways:

1. Program images, while visually fun and potentially helpful, are sometimes from entirely the wrong movie. Clicking reveals the actual recorded content, but it is confusing and aggravating.

2. So-called sorting by date does NOT work. Programs are displayed out of order.

3. Terrible idea to put scheduled and recorded shows together on the same screen, especially with no indication which is which. Previously, the two different screens for "Recorded" and "Scheduled," and the various way of sorting (by date, by title, by series) was helpful and clear. Now the organization is simply awful. Awful!

4. Previously, the length of the recording was displayed with each listing. Now we must actually begin playing the recording to see its length. Can you see how, when contemplating what show or movie to watch, sometimes based on our time available, that knowing the duration for each program is helpful? Of course.

5. Previously, when titles were in a list format, scrolling through each title automatically brought up a capsule description without changing screens. Now we must click on a title to see any info, then click Exit to get back to the list. Extra steps, extra hassle.

6. Previously, the search function included a way to filter out Video On Demand listings. This option now sadly missing.

7. In the search function, it now takes more time to enter letters because they are arranged in two long rows, rather than the grid used previously. Not an improvement.

8. Most activities now take more button-clicks (often "Exit"), not fewer. It is clumsy and annoying.

9. The Navigatr Guide is unreliable, with pictures of the screen that do not match what we actually see.

I understand that some things just take getting used to, and I don't mind changes when they are for the better. But whoever designed the new Navigatr menus failed at achieving better convenience or clarity, and made things more difficult in far too many ways. Frankly, it is a mess.

I'm an Advisor

@khristopher wrote:

@park wrote:

@khristopher wrote:

Park

Are you serious? That is ridiculous. Why show items that are not actually recorded? If I want to see shows that I have scheduled, that would be in the scheduled list.

Don't shoot the messenger, but thats the way it works.

Anything that is past the timeframe of the guide and has no recordings is at the end farthest away from today.

In the July 28 version they were not visible at all.