UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Hello @DoneInDurham,

Welcome to the Community! 

Please see the thread here regarding the freezing issue. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks, I read the posts, that's why I'm here.  My point is the other problems I have had for a week and nobody seems to know how to fix or willing to.  The "freezing" was just the icing on the cake.  People in this forum, mostly all with the same problems, "unresponsive" box, having to unplug to reboot every day, are trying to tell Rogers what is wrong but even their own reps have no idea what to do.  Their cure, and always has been, is to "replace your box".  I did that two years ago, lost 68% recordings and still had the same issues.  Just put back the old Navigatr until Rogers and their "engineers" figure out what to do.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

just so you know i talked to a technical service agent and he confirmed toronto scarborough and mississauga having problems with nextbox pvr and navigator software

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

RogersHassam

i think you will find the "freezing" issue that people on this forum are talking about is the non responsive PVR that many of us are experiencing due to naviqator software issues. The forum you are referencing is referring to a picture freeze that is a separate problem happening today in some areas and that apparently been fixed. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@gasnparts wrote:

hi can you while recording a show watch it at the same time with the new navigator system? My son was trying to watch an alaska show that was recording but not quite done recording, on the old system on the nextbox 3.0 you could watch it 

@gasnparts

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I've seen a few posts here today about "freezing". A lot of it has nothing to do with Navigatr or Nexbox because the condition has been reported province-wide also on Facebook and Twitter. My grandkids were watching Treehouse today on a SA8300SD  and experienced it. People also reported it with a DTA50.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@SilentJ wrote:

I've had the same problem of the system shutting off after a few hours without use. Phoned Rogers, and while the lady was nice, did not have any quick solutions. She said I would hear from Rogers via email in the next 48 hours. Later that night, get an email saying the problem I reported had been resolved, however the next morning, the box wasn't responsive and I had to reboot again.

This is due to an AUTOMATIC power-saving feature. It cannot be edited or disabled.

The only way to keep watching is by hitting okay when the <VERY DIFFICULT TO DISCERN> warning appears on the TV screen.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

I've seen a few posts here today about "freezing". A lot of it has nothing to do with Navigatr or Nexbox because the condition has been reported province-wide also on Facebook and Twitter. My grandkids were watching Treehouse today on a SA8300SD  and experienced it. People also reported it with a DTA50.

Yes - today there was an issue causing "freezing" (digitalization) which was unrelated to Navigatr.

This was happening on the PVR-NB 3 (navigatr) AND on the 4642HD (non-PVR) boxes....

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No, it also affected SA8300HD boxes as well.  Both my Nextbox 3 (non-Navigatr) & 8300HD froze several times over a period of approx. half an hr.

I was on hold with Rogers but gave up due to the long wait.

Also, this freezing is hardly new.  It has happened to me on and off over the last 5 weeks or so - today's just lasted longer.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

The freezing issue we are experiencing is NOT a screen freeze, and seems to be possibly related to the power saving state.

Basically when you turn the TV on after a few hours of not using it, it is still on and tuned to the channel you left it on.  But none of the controls on the remote work - Guide, List, trying to change the channel, etc.  Even the pressing the power button on the physical Nextbox yields no response.

Unplug it, plug it back in, it comes back and works fine.  

It doesn't happen every time, but often enough to be a complete pain in the rear.  We have unplugged about a dozen times since the upgrade.  (BTW - unlike other users we are generally happy with the upgrade, the performance of the UI seems snappier for example)