UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@Mister_A wrote:

Hi @khristopher,

@khristopher wrote:

Are you serious? That is ridiculous. Why show items that are not actually recorded? If I want to see shows that I have scheduled, that would be in the scheduled list.

Ah! I see the problem -- you've confused Navigatr with some sort of PVR software! You obviously weren't paying attention when Rogers explained in detail how Navigatr is designed to bring you, the customer, a greatly improved television viewing experience!!! No mention at all about being designed to make PVR operation either logical, easy, or even tolerable.

The sad fact is, there *is* no 'scheduled list', nor, for that matter, a 'recorded list', nor lists of any kind!!!!

Instead, Rogers has brought you, the customer, the fabulous, new, innovative, stupendous Windows 8 'Bathroom Tile' interface! (Of course I'm all set, because my smart phone has a 70" touch-screen...)  

Regards,

Mr. A

Would be interesting if we could ever get a REASONING behind the change.

My assumuption would be... that some marketing guys pictched it.. and it obviously got accepted.
"which group of people are we currently loosing most of our sales to"  "the younger generation"
"what are they watching?"  "Netflix, youtube, etc"
"So lets make our interface more like that!!! so you the kids will think its hip!"

Most of us, obviously know better.

Not to say, i dont LIKE a tile interface.
I do like it for netflix.. shomi, etc. 
At home for local files.. i moved from DLNA to a tile based interfeace with Plex.. as it just looks cleaner, etc.

BUT.. it has to WORK and be DONE right.. and not REMOVE options available before.
Or at least, give the option to have A or B.

park
I'm an Advisor

@Gdkitty

My theory is that it was insigated by Rogers suppliers, and Rogers accepted without doing its homework or doing any testing with its customers.

Reasoning: The timing last July coincided with Cisco xfering its settop box business toTechicolor (Thompson spinoff).

And the software developer, Espial, referred to its channel partner working with a tier 1 cablco.,ie Rogers.

Could be that Cisco had already trashed its own software team,or Espial/Technicolor spun a great fiction.

DAP1
I've Been Around

I hate the new Navigatr. How can I differentiate if my son has already watched a program? The icon is gone. The white box indicating a program is too small and difficult to see. The red was better. The font is too small. How can I save series in one folder instead of pages of pictures. There are NO benefits to the new system.

anne_fred
I Plan to Stick Around

I came on Friday and the whole setup has changed

some the shows I taped did not tape

it is a mess

Rogers doesn't care about the customers

then I get my bill and it is triple from the last one

thank you Rogers

mousetamer
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I finally received the update last night. So far, I love the new look and how much quicker the guide is on the NB3. The font is perfect in terms of size. I'm also really happy with the menu system. It is very easy to understand and navigate. The only minor dislike I have is for the recordings list. It is a bit more convoluted compared to the old one becasue everything is on the same page, both actual recordings and scheduled recordings. The two separate pages on the old menu were a bit less confusing. However, that took me all of 2.345780 seconds to figure out and I am over it. 

I can't speak about stability yet because I have not used the box enough with the upgraded guide. However, like any software, I'm sure there will be a few bugs that will pop up and then get fixed. I was really worried about the upgrade after reading this forum, but it seems most of the issues were worked out before it came to my box. My biggest fear was that it was going to brick my box or slow it down. Both those happened when they did the new guide for the NB2s a few years back. 

Anyways, that is my 2¢ worth. I'm really happy with the new guide and I'm sure the few small kinks will get straightened out over time.

normcaissie
I've Been Around

As of this morning my nexbox says Cd00 instead of the time. This is annoying as I use that box as a clock for the room.

Also my nextbox in my room locks up then reboots. Generally when it's recording and I'm watching something. Both boxes are the ones that record up to 8 shows at once.

Spoiler
I'm not happy!
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Those usually/can show up while its DOWNLOADING something.. from the bi weekly updates.. to bigger things..
My guess.. is you may be getting the Navigatr download..

But, if the SIGNAL is not great.. then that can cause issues when downloading it.

That might be my guess in this case.

First just as a test... sometimes people have luck after doing a reboot on it.. unplug, leave it for 30 seconds, then back in.  This may force it to try again from the begining, etc.

Beyond that, you would want to give rogers a call to get a tech out to the house.

mousetamer
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@bobbysk My guide was updated a day after I received the text.
bobbysk
I Plan to Stick Around

Maybe they skipped me because I got text and calls on Thursday and still no updates this morning!

Methodfilter
I'm Here A Lot

Just received the new Navigatr update today and am completely confused why all my scheduled and recorded shows are lumped together? Can they not make these two separate lists like before? I think someone said that recorded shows show up first, but it just looks like a mess of shows if you have a lot recorded and a lot being scheduled to record. I see you can filter to only show what's scheduled, but then all your recorded shows dissapear.

Please fix this, and fire whoever thought this was a good idea?