UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Thank you. My general setting is to start and finish recording on time. But when I opened a specific scheduled recording (Survivor) and pressed manage set recording there was "end" set as 1 hour after. I don't know why is that because I never ever set it like that. Also please tell me how to get rid of Icons of programs who changed time or are cancelled because they are still of the bottom of my schedule without time and date. When I delete them they always come back. Thanks
I'm an Advisor

Hello @bbajovic,

It sounds like your default recording/series settings are set incorrectly.  To check:

- Press Settings on remote.

- Scroll down to Default Recording and press OK/Select.

- Scroll down to Stop and press OK/Select.

- Select ON TIME and press OK/Select.

- Press Exit on remote twice.

- Scroll down to Default Series and press OK/Select.

- Scroll down to Stop and press OK/Select.

- Select ON TIME and press OK/Select.

Finally, press Exit on remote repeatedly until you are back on your program.  Try setting a new recording - does the problem still occur?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bbajovic:

See post 2230 for settings for single recordings.

For Series recordings go to Settings - Default Series - Stop and set it properly. Then, as I stated in post 2230, go through all of your various menu options so that the PVR does what you want it to.

To delete "zombie" recordings at the bottom, select the " scheduled recording" and then right arrow over to the right side of the screen and "delete all scheduled recordings", or whatever the appropriate option is over there.

Then do a reboot when you're not recording.  The zombies should then be gone either before or after the reboot.

I'm an Advisor

Agree. Resetting the settings will get rid of the 1hour after problem.

BTW Looks like the real problem with Navi and other chronic problems @ Rogers will soon be fixed.  They are resetting the CEO.  Congrats to Joe Natale !

I'm a Senior Advisor

Navigatr Fall Update

Has anyone actually been updated yet?  For a rollout that should be almost 3 weeks old at this point, there's no chatter about it anywhere.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Heard a few on digitalhome.ca say they got it.. thats it so far.
Not sure if the rollout was paused..
Or just taking a long time.

(I am in one of the zones which appear to get it LAST usually :P)

I Plan to Stick Around

Re:  Navigatr Fall Update

Very strange.  I was talking to Rogers yesterday and I asked them about the update...my area (NE of Newmarket) usually gets the updates first Smiley Mad, and so far nothing.  They told me it hasn't yet gone out to anyone in Ontario.  I mentioned that someone on digitalhome (from Toronto) said they got it a few weeks ago.  The CSR checked again and said it hasn't been released yet...said maybe the person was mistaken or was a "testor".  I asked when it was coming, and all she would say was "hopefully soon".

Maybe @RogersMargaret could let us all know what's happening?

I'm an Advisor

Hello @molly222,

I had a cable technician (supervisor) visit me today, and he commented that the 'fall update' would be released *starting* this Sunday. 

He did not say if this was for all customers, or just for those customers in my area (Brampton). 

Just a heads up/my 2 cents. 

I'm an Advisor

Will the rollout fix the scheduled/recorded problem ?

Is when  a program starts recording, it is no longer scheduled., and should be tagged as recorded.  

Also :

Will Rogers give it's new President in training a Nb3 or preferably a NB2 ?

So he can see for himself ?

I'm a Senior Contributor

I can confirm that we got the new update overnight this past Sunday. I really have not looked at it yet but my wife said the first thing she noticed was the new option to view the recorded shows in a list format instead of the tiles. It also came with an on-screen notice that it was a major update and a summary of what was new.