UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@BS wrote:

Do we know what has been taken care of and what is outstanding, or what any of the fixes that came did?

My earlier post, link below, has a link to the "promises".

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

I believe the only item that was fixed, and that was a few months ago, was the issue with CC not showing properly on certain channels, like CTV.  I'm pretty sure everything else is still outstanding.

I Plan to Stick Around

@57 wrote:

@BS wrote:

Do we know what has been taken care of and what is outstanding, or what any of the fixes that came did?

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

I believe the only item that was fixed, and that was a few months ago, was the issue with CC not showing properly on certain channels, like CTV.  I'm pretty sure everything else is still outstanding.

Agree, it does not seem that anything else is fixed, and certainly no sign of the promised list format change from tiles to an actual list.  It's been a nightmare trying to wade through them all to find what I want to watch at the Olympics.  I don't trust the guide to be accurate, so record everything!

Also, last night, I seemed to have lost the ability to rewind live TV, or pause it.  This has always been possible before.  Hopefully a temporary glitch, but annoying, as I stepped away from the TV and missed something, and couldn't rewind to it.

And we pay for this...a lot!

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Customer01 wrote:

@57 wrote:

@BS wrote:

Agree, it does not seem that anything else is fixed, and certainly no sign of the promised list format change from tiles to an actual list.  It's been a nightmare trying to wade through them all to find what I want to watch at the Olympics.  I don't trust the guide to be accurate, so record everything!

I did note that @RogersMargaret  has not posted in a month, so we may need to ask @Gdkitty  who created the list, for an update on the "promises" if we hope to get any news on planned fixes.  I also noted that someone wrote that this thread is the most problematic because it has the most activity. see  Questions and Forum Navigation     You would think that if the New Navigatr has the most activity then Rogers would try to fix this issue as a high priority.   i.e. fix the problems that affect the most people. That doesn't appear to be happening. We seem to be talking to a wall.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I am unsure that @Gdkitty will be able to tell us much more - his wonderful list was a compliation of the contribution of many on the boards, and a major contribution from @57 as originally published on the digital homes forums on this topic, which he moderates.  Individuals like @gdkitty are members of the forum like the rest of us, with a huge amount of knowledge, although he may know something.

@User14 "You would think that if the New Navigatr has the most activity then Rogers would try to fix this issue as a high priority.   i.e. fix the problems that affect the most people. That doesn't appear to be happening. We seem to be talking to a wall." Sorry, I haven't figured out the new tools for quoting sections, but I will learn with time.

You are pretty much dead on with that point this thread, with the related threads have the most traffic, along with the original thread started with the first "beta" rollout to some of lucky soles, this topic has gone for a long time, with minimal clarification or communication directly from Rogers management (just lots of discussion between members on the board), and that is why I left the board back in February - I was just plain tired of the feeling that I was talking to a wall.  On this topic anyway, it doesn't seem to have changed, but I notice that changes to other areas of service are made that directly impact the user experience, and we are often no provide any notice, except I was impressed with the recent changes to MyRogers and the description of the changes.

So in some areas things are improving, and they fixed the critical CC issue, and other items, but we are still left with no knowledge of progress on the items that are outstanding, nor are we given any information on what updates that suddenly show up in controlled rollouts over areas contain or whether they will impact our user experience, or if they are stability issues - we continue to be left in the dark.

But I am glad to be back, have little to say, appreciate the clarifications on how things have gone while I was away, but I don't think I have much more to say - I decided that I would look for things to complement, report support questions and usability issues to tech support and work through the concern process - I have found that this has been more fruitful to getting answers than trying hard to get the answers to flow down from the Rogers people above the moderators, back to us in any timely manner.

But I do really appreciate the expertise of so many here and how supportive everyone is, while giving us a place where we can vent when we get nowhere within the other feedback tools of chat, twitter, facebook, phone contact, and escalation, tech support and Q @ A's.  On a certain level, I think maybe Rogers has created too many methods of discussion and support and issue resolution to provide us the users with an easy way to find out what is going on.

Just an observation.

Bruce

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, unfortunately, i have no more inside knoledge than you guys..
(I actually am in an area, which gets the updates LAST Smiley Tongue)

I just put the lists together from gathered information.

They SAY that the changes are comming.  Was suposed to be by the end of the summer.. so we have a little bit of time.

Really, with all the other issues so far.. IF these change are comming.. i would rather them take longer, take their time.. and fix them PROPERLY.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Gdkitty wrote:

They SAY that the changes are comming.  Was suposed to be by the end of the summer.. so we have a little bit of time.

Really, with all the other issues so far.. IF these change are comming.. i would rather them take longer, take their time.. and fix them PROPERLY.

@Gdkitty wrote:

It has been relatively stable here for quite a while. Some of the design issues that people don't like could require significant effort to change and may not happen because of that. As is often the case with outsourced software development, unless the vendor is closely supervised and given extremely specific instructions, one rarely gets the best product. As this is now in maintenance mode, significant changes are much less likely. I fear we are at the 'What you see is what you get' stage

I'm Here A Lot

I have the 6.1 update and there is not 1 thing that I can see that has changed.
I'm an Advisor

@park wrote:

@jays77 wrote:

I've had a problem with getting into this site also.
In any case, I am forever getting caught in the guides "favorite freeze". The easiest and quickest way I have found to get out of it is:

-exit guide
-change TV channel (I go to ch. 3)
-press guide again and everything is back to normal.

No need to reboot.

Thx. 

Unfortunately Rogers may never fix this, since a few of us now know about this workaround !

It got stuck on FAVs again.  Needs to Reboot to fix it.  No amount of fiddling around did anything.  So please leads on the to be fixed list ! 

P S welcome back @BS

I'm an Advisor

@park wrote:

@baaddawg wrote:

Just received a new version of Navigatr this morning at around 8:30am which is a weird time for a pushed software download.  New version is 6.1.0.0121.

So far none of the oustanding issues have been addressed.  I have no idea what the changes are and can't see any.

Great I can look forward to Rogers interrupting my morning dose of theTrumpOlympics soon.  Still on 6.0.3.0106 in Mississauga.

Got the update in the wee hours last night.

Yep. Did not fix anything that I can see.

E.g. After deleting a recording it goes back to the top of this instead of staying where you are in the pile-of-tiles. Would be very user friendly and useful when managing a100 recordings or so. Mentioned many time before, easy to do, so what's taking so long ???

I Plan to Stick Around

Back when Rogers customers had a reasonable, properly functioning system, a program in the guide would be labeled as "New" if it wasn't a rerun/repeat. Seems not to be the case anymore. 

Has anyone figured this one out? If a show says "New" in the descriptor, does that just mean that you haven't watched this particular one yet... even if you have in fact watched another recording of the same episode... if you know what I mean? Smiley Frustrated

TIA for any help.