UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@CC wrote:

The search function is terrible now.

Agree, the search function on the PVR is terrible. I never use it. I didn't use it on the RTN firmware either.  I always use AnyPlace (web) - on my computer, on my tablet (RAPTV app), or on a smart phone.  Have done so for years.

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/anyplace-tv/284?setLanguage=en

It will show you many more, appropriate search results.

I Plan to Stick Around

OK I see. So how does this work? Do I need to change the box also? I understand what the difference is, what do I do? Just another lost soul! )-:
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@GKW1:  If you're discussing the new RF remote, please see the following thread where there have been extensive discussions on the topic.  The RF functionality only applies to certain STBs, as discussed in the thread below:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

Also, you will find that there is certain functionality - like PiP which is missing or different with the new remote.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

New Navigatr Firmware 6.0.3.0106.

I see that I have new firmware on my 9865, version 6.0.3.0106.  It'll be interesting to hear from people regarding what issues were resolved, if any, and perhaps what new issues were introduced with this new firmware.  To see your Firmware (software) version go to Settings, scroll up one to Troubleshooting, scroll to System Information.

As a reminder, here's a link to Rogers' promises regarding various fixes:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I have had two or three problems since the latest update.  Several programs had misnamed tiles (Name - The Daily Show - content Larry Wilmore for example).

Also had shows showing up as "Scheduled" when the dates were already in the past!

Reboot got rid of the extra scheduled stuff but I'm still getting mislabelled recordings. e.g Actually the Daily Show but mis-labelled as Full Frontal.

Also finding yet more screw ups with the Guide. I think Rogers must hate Trevor Noah - The Daily Show was not scheduled this week because they changed the name again.

I see no sign that any issues have been fixed. Just a couple of old problems resurfacing.

I Plan to Stick Around

@57 wrote:

New Navigatr Firmware 6.0.3.0106.

I see that I have new firmware on my 9865, version 6.0.3.0106.  It'll be interesting to hear from people regarding what issues were resolved, if any, and perhaps what new issues were introduced with this new firmware. 

Sometime last night or early this morning, my 9865 displayed Cd00.  Something did not download properly. Last time this happened I did a box reboot through Troubleshooting.  That was when the nightmare with this Navigatr started for us. So, I am going to leave the Cd00 for awhile.  All I am missing is being able to see the time.  I will be watching here to see if others are having issues with this latest download.

I Plan to Stick Around

My box has the exact same display,seems to work Ok though but can't tell what time it is.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@yyz64 wrote:

My box has the exact same display,seems to work Ok though but can't tell what time it is.

Search for "Code Cd00.... " to find information and the solution to this one.

Go to Settings, scroll down and click troubleshooting, click diagnostics, and then click reboot box.

Do not worry if it takes a long time to reboot.

It does take a long time to fix itself so go get a coffee.

I Plan to Stick Around

@User14 wrote:

@yyz64 wrote:

Search for "Code Cd00.... " to find information and the solution to this one.

Go to Settings, scroll down and click troubleshooting, click diagnostics, and then click reboot box.

Do not worry if it takes a long time to reboot.

It does take a long time to fix itself so go get a coffee.

Thanks.  I have done that in the past.  This time I thought I would wait to read here to see if they have messed anything else up with this latest "upgrade". 

I now view Code Cd00 as a caution code that means they have tried and failed to upload to my box some new version of this failed software.  It now becomes a download (reboot) at your own risk.   

I Plan to Stick Around

Just thought I'd pass along a Happy Anniversary to everyone who has been plagued with Navigatr.

One year later and I still have to reboot my Nextbox 3 almost weekly.

It sure would be nice if Rogers would break their silence and tell us when they are planning to finally fix this technological marvel.

Cheers