UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

So after the other night when the box locked up I noticed last night that the call display pop up and the D key for weather wasn't working on my NB3 .The call display says the service is not registered although it works on my NB 2 boxes .So I called in to tech support and now have an open ticket .Rebooted the box after 11 because I was recording shows and it seemed to be taking a long time to reboot stuck at 5  o the display.Forgot about It until this morning and when I checked it again the weather came up with loading data but never did load it,the call display still says not registered and then the box proceeded to lock up hard again so I had to do another  hard reboot.Beautiful piece of software Rogers but I still haven't received a paycheck for the ongoing Alpha testing yet

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

May not be specifically NB3 releated per say (though it still could be something)

Both the CallerID and the Weather app, require a decent two way communication from the box to the back end.
Could be specific to that box.. and is causing issues.

(happen to have issues with on demand as well?)

I Plan to Stick Around

@yyz64 wrote:

So after the other night when the box locked up I noticed last night that the call display pop up and the D key for weather wasn't working on my NB3 .The call display says the service is not registered although it works on my NB 2 boxes .So I called in to tech support and now have an open ticket .Rebooted the box after 11 because I was recording shows and it seemed to be taking a long time to reboot stuck at 5  o the display.Forgot about It until this morning and when I checked it again the weather came up with loading data but never did load it,the call display still says not registered and then the box proceeded to lock up hard again so I had to do another  hard reboot.Beautiful piece of software Rogers but I still haven't received a paycheck for the ongoing Alpha testing yet

EXACT same thing happening here.  Reboots taking around 20 minutes...gets stuck on 5...no weather on D, no call display, no ROD.  Started last week.  Have had two tech's to the house, they say it's software on NB 3...Rogers phone in support says it's not.  I have a NB 2 that is not having any of these issues.  Have even swapped where I have the two boxes...makes no difference.  Have had these problems since the software upgrade early last week.  No solutions, just everyone pointing to the other guy saying it's not their problem.

I would also like to thank Rogers for doing their downloads the past two nights at 10:50 p.m., cutting off the last 10 minutes of all the season finales.  Never have I seen a company so intent on pushing their customers out the door!

I Plan to Stick Around

Have to admit I,ve also seen odd times where the NB3 is doing a download.Looks like they are tryimg to push patches out but hey according to some here there are no software problems.Molly I also noticed no  ROD will load either on the NB 3 is yours doing that as well? People will talk signal issues but any other previos signalproblem I had the NB 2 was also affected.The NB2's I have work fine at this time just problems with the 9865

I Plan to Stick Around

@yyz64 wrote:

Have to admit I,ve also seen odd times where the NB3 is doing a download.Looks like they are tryimg to push patches out but hey according to some here there are no software problems.Molly I also noticed no  ROD will load either on the NB 3 is yours doing that as well? People will talk signal issues but any other previos signalproblem I had the NB 2 was also affected.The NB2's I have work fine at this time just problems with the 9865

Yes...no ROD, weather app, and guide info is sporatic and very slow...only on NB 3.0...my NB 2.0 is fine...have switched the two around, had 2 tech's out, can't figure it out.  Problems started immediately after the software update 2 weeks ago...seems to mimic signal issues...but both tech's said the signal is very good on that outlet and the NB 2.0 is good on that outlet as well.

Oddly, I had company yesterday that said they had the exact same issue, same timing.  They finally had enough frustration and cancelled their service and dumped their boxes yesterday...I have to admit I'm jealous...at some point you have to throw in the towel, admit defeat, and jump ship.  With the amount of content available on internet, it's very tempting.  Rogers is so busy issuing tickets, ignoring you, and sometimes offering credits, that they can't seem to comprehend that all we want to do is be able to watch tv, record some programs, and be able to rely on a service that we pay good money for.  Very sad that they don't care.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Brt wrote:

@57 wrote:

Brt wrote: Out of curiosity, does anyone know how to tell what will be recorded at a given time without having to check each individual tile or scroll through dozens of pages in the guide?

Use RAPTV on a Tablet or Mobile, or AnyPlace Web on a computer.

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/anyplace-tv/284?setLanguage=en

Thanks for the suggestion @57. I should have thought of that but I've run into my fair share of problems with the apps and web access that I gave up on them a long time ago. 

It sure would be nice if Rogers stepped up to the plate and fixed this mess once and for all.

Cheers

Why is it that whenever you try something with Rogers it doesn't work? 

I tried to register for anywhere TV but all I got was this screen with the little bars at the bottom jumping up and  down for about 2 minutes.  I'll try again, but I thought I would provide this forum with more feedback on what to expect and let the powers that be know how frustrating the Rogers experience really is.

sign-in - not.png

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes my guide is very slow and realy lagging at times right now. At times again the key input for changing channels is slow like the problem before.You can press guide and it can take 20 seconds to show up and again key responses are slow.Other times it seems better but the weather and call display apps still don't work.

Funny about tickets,I have 1 open for months from when the boxes were having the slow response issue.I thought they had cured that but they never closed off the ticket and I stil get the sporadic email from them about it still being looked into.Now I have a second ticket opened ast week,The tech girl was pretty new and I asked more than once for email updates about the ticket status. And what did I get yesterday but the canned response phone call .Seems they can't do much right these days.If I didn't own 4 boxes switching would be easy.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm having the same problems you listed...really don't know what to do...I own the NB 2.0...the NB 3.0 is a freebie to compensate for Navigatr .  Have gone thru 5 of the NB 3.0's and had numerous tech's to the house in the past few months.  The problem seems to be when they do a major update...seems to almost knock the 3.0 off the grid or something...if I swap the box things will be OK until the next major update when the cycle starts all over.  If I phone they issue a ticket that gets ignorned.  Then I phone again and they send a tech.  Then the tech comes and swaps the box (and I again loose all recordings).  Then I call again and they send another tech.  Then the tech says it's the software and leaves.  Then I call and they send another tech....and so on and so on.  It's a Rogers hampster wheel that I wish would stop spinning!

Does anyone in the community have any suggestions as to how to get Rogers to fix this?  Does a Rogers moderator know how I can get someone at Rogers to fix this?

My husband is now looking into Satellite and my daughter is trying to get us to cut the cord completely.  My question to Rogers and the community is this...is this Rogers intent?  Why would moderators and Rogers employees keep putting customers thru this...does anyone have an answer as to how I can get my Rogers service to work correctly for more than a few days at a time?  Does anyone at Rogers have any ideas as to how I can get reliable TV viewing from them, or is my only solution to cancel my service?  

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@molly222 wrote:

I'm having the same problems you listed...really don't know what to do...I own the NB 2.0...the NB 3.0 is a freebie to compensate for Navigatr .  Have gone thru 5 of the NB 3.0's and had numerous tech's to the house in the past few months.  The problem seems to be when they do a major update...seems to almost knock the 3.0 off the grid or something...if I swap the box things will be OK until the next major update when the cycle starts all over.  If I phone they issue a ticket that gets ignorned.  Then I phone again and they send a tech.  Then the tech comes and swaps the box (and I again loose all recordings).  Then I call again and they send another tech.  Then the tech says it's the software and leaves.  Then I call and they send another tech....and so on and so on.  It's a Rogers hampster wheel that I wish would stop spinning!

Does anyone in the community have any suggestions as to how to get Rogers to fix this?  Does a Rogers moderator know how I can get someone at Rogers to fix this?

My husband is now looking into Satellite and my daughter is trying to get us to cut the cord completely.  My question to Rogers and the community is this...is this Rogers intent?  Why would moderators and Rogers employees keep putting customers thru this...does anyone have an answer as to how I can get my Rogers service to work correctly for more than a few days at a time?  Does anyone at Rogers have any ideas as to how I can get reliable TV viewing from them, or is my only solution to cancel my service?  

What they should do is send an experienced technician with a functioning box (one they have tested) and set it up for you. The tech should make sure you have the correct software and check with his counterpart at the tech service desk to make sure you don't have any signal issues etc. etc. Once they say the hardware and software are ok then they should go through each problem your have encountered to see that it now works.  If it works great, but if it doesn't then  go with your Plan B and give up on Rogers.

I Plan to Stick Around

User14...thank you for the reply...your solution makes perfect sense and of course what Rogers should be doing for issues like this.  Unfortunately, I think it is rare (if ever) that they take the kind of logical, step by step approach that you are referring to.  I will contact Rogers first thing Tuesday and try once again to get my issues escalated to someone who may actually do something...but anything besides telling us to reboot, check signal, issue ticket or swap boxes seems to be beyond the level of service that they are willing to provide.  They aren't actually interested in taking a step by step approach as to what leads up to the problem or even looking at a customers history to see that a customer that has techs at their house frequently and goes thru boxes like candy may need a second look.  Also the fact that this always happens immediately following a major update is also not a coincidence.

I also find it telling that while Rogers did take the time to edit my post asking them for help, they declined to answer my post as to what I should do to get my Rogers problem fixed.  In the interim, we have decided to start to wean ourself off of cable and see if we can shift our habits to chromecasting.  Since most shows are now ending, we can hopefully catch up on all our PVR'd shows from my old NB2 that we can't chromecast in the next month or two.  Our target is to have something reliable before the fall season premiers.