UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@park wrote:

@molly222 wrote:

Just had a very interesting conversation with a Senior Rogers Tech.  My 3.0 and 2.0 were actually working perfectly yesterday...BUT today I noticed all tiles were without pictures...with the exception of 4 tiles that were suppose to have series scheduled for next Sunday...nothing showing scheduled when there should have been.  Daily recordings now only show 2...today and tomorrow...should show 5 (57 reported this in a different thread).  I also noticed both my Software Version # changed to 6.0.1.0110 and my Espial # changed to 6.08-1.1.90

@molly222

The #s on my NB3 boxes in MISSISSAUGA are now the same as your above.

The pictures on recordings are spooty, but expect they will fillup over the next day or so.

RE: Ease of use.. human factors fixes..

Have not yet had chance to check them out, but :

I hope they fixed the navigation around recordings.

e.g being able to do multiple tale deletes by going back to where you whre you were working

rather than always popping to the top of the recordings stack after each such delete.

Got this update in Nepean (Ottawa).  Haven't noticed much difference yet.  Had to reboot to get OnDemand to work (initially error #835MC).  Didn't seem to break anything.

I did notice that when I go into LIST, and select a recorded show down a few rows, then exit from there, it goes back to the same spot.  Before it used to go to the beginning of the list and you had to scroll down again.

That's an improvement!

Anyone notice any other fixes that we complained about?

Why can't someone from the tech department write notes to explain what changes are implemented in each new software update?

Nothing new that I have found, same boring, downgrade of software.
I've Been Here Awhile

I am so infuriated whit this....

Again today, tried to moved through the menu with my remote and it was so sluggish it deleted the show i was trying to watch because i could not see where the remote was.

THIS IS ENOUGH !!!!

ROGERS CHARGES AN EXORBITANT AMOUNT OF MONEY FOR US TO GET FRUSTRATED WITH THERE DECISION AND THE WORST PART IS THAT I AM STUCK WITH IT.

Bell doe'nt have Fibe in our area and i can't get anything better because their Internet is just a reliable.  Slow sluggish, drops signals, etc.......

GETTING TIRED OF BEING SCREWED ALL THE TIME !!!!

I Plan to Stick Around

I totally agree. This whole navigator update is a joke. I don't understand how the engineering team can release such a poor product.  This is worse then beta testing. Time to step up Rogers and fix this mess, asap.

. just the plan guide don't work unless you use the work around everytime.

I'm an Advisor

@IceFrog wrote:

I have to say that Navigatr is perhaps the single, biggest disappointment I have faced with Rogers (among many). There are too many tiles and too much scrolling; too slow; the time bar does not show how far you are into a program; often have to hit exit to get rid of the bar; recorded programs freezing up - just to mention a few! Then you roll out an update a/Espialnd solve one problem but create 3 more! Unbelievable!

Msg to Rogers/Espial crack software team !

The Time bar problems are fairly new.  Seems to  have started in the past few weeks.

So whatever you did to fix things recently, it messed up the timebar.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Not here (Ottawa East)  When I exit, it goes back to the last thing "new" recording on the list.

Also, I still can't read the titles of programs in the tiles, nor the recorded dates. 

Very discouraging to see no acknowledgement of each problem and no estimated time to repair.

No customer feedback at all actually.  

NB3 Software Version 6.01.0110  Espial 6.0.8-1.1.90

I'm a Senior Contributor

@mfait wrote:

@park wrote:

@molly222 wrote:

Just had a very interesting conversation with a Senior Rogers Tech.  My 3.0 and 2.0 were actually working perfectly yesterday...BUT today I noticed all tiles were without pictures...with the exception of 4 tiles that were suppose to have series scheduled for next Sunday...nothing showing scheduled when there should have been.  Daily recordings now only show 2...today and tomorrow...should show 5 (57 reported this in a different thread).  I also noticed both my Software Version # changed to 6.0.1.0110 and my Espial # changed to 6.08-1.1.90

@molly222

The pictures on recordings are spooty, but expect they will fillup over the next day or so.

e.g being able to do multiple tale deletes by going back to where you whre you were working

rather than always popping to the top of the recordings stack after each such delete.

Got this update in Nepean (Ottawa).  Haven't noticed much difference yet.  Had to reboot to get OnDemand to work (initially error #835MC).  Didn't seem to break anything.

I did notice that when I go into LIST, and select a recorded show down a few rows, then exit from there, it goes back to the same spot.  Before it used to go to the beginning of the list and you had to scroll down again.

That's an improvement!

Not on mine. I was just "updated" to 6.0.1.0110 last night but the same infuriating behaviour is there. I wanted to try and get rid of some of the dozens and dozens of "zombies" at the end of the list but as soon as I deleted all sheduled recordings for a zombie tile, and pressed 'exit' , there I was at the very top of the list again. Zero change.

@DrMike wrote:

@mfait wrote:

@park wrote:

@molly222 wrote:

@molly222

That's an improvement!

Not on mine. I was just "updated" to 6.0.1.0110 last night but the same infuriating behaviour is there. I wanted to try and get rid of some of the dozens and dozens of "zombies" at the end of the list but as soon as I deleted all sheduled recordings for a zombie tile, and pressed 'exit' , there I was at the very top of the list again. Zero change.

That's different from the scenario I described.  I was not deleting zombie shows or anything else.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@mfait wrote:

@DrMike wrote:

@mfait wrote:

@park wrote:

@molly222 wrote:

@molly222

That's an improvement!

That's different from the scenario I described.  I was not deleting zombie shows or anything else.

Yes you are correct. I went back and tried to simply go into a recorded tile (as you described) and when I came out it was indeed in the same place, just as you said. So I ask then, if they could make a useful "back" function for that scenario, why not for the scenario where you go in and actully modify the contents of a tile? Still infuriating us with the lack of obvious functionality. 

I've Been Around

Can you do something about the font size, perhap allow us to choose a size for the guide. It's impossible to read unless you stand right in front of your TV.