UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

I have been afflicted with this dreadful Navigatr interface since last July and got the latest update on Tuesday.

I use my Nextbox 3 almost exclusively for recording soccer. On Wednesday I recorded 7 or 8 English Premier League and Spanish Copa del Rey games. All the recordings were there yesterday morning when I started watching them. I completed watching a couple and was half way through another when I took a break for lunch and doing a few other things. I came back to resume watching later only to find that the tile for the game I had partially watched was no longer there and also all the other programs recorded the previous day were gone. Earlier recordings and a recording in progress were still there and could be watched. I did a soft and hard reboot of the box but no difference. 

I also checked online using Manage my Recordings and the missing programs were all still showing there but I suspect it doesn't get updated right away. The Nextbox showed 16.5 % full but the online Manage my Recordings showed 25% full.

I have had scheduled recordings not get recorded before but I have never had recordings just vanish after having been successfully recorded.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@SDRF wrote:
RogersHassan
I know it's a radical thought but maybe Rogers could do some testing and solve these problems BEFORE they released the product.

Why would they bother? They have all of us to do their testing and since they have a virtual monopoly they don't have to worry about trivia like customer service.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@TheArcher wrote:

I have had scheduled recordings not get recorded before but I have never had recordings just vanish after ahving been successfully recorded.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes - several times. Admittedly not since the latest update - but I suspect it is only a matter of time. Heck I had one show vanish in front of my eyes while I was naviagting the "tiles".

I Plan to Stick Around

As I mentioned in an earlier post, since Navigatr 2016 I regularly find that I cannot turn on my NB3 via remote or power button on front. The only solution is to unplug-wait-plug the box, which gives a reprieve for a little while. I've tried rebooting from the system settings (when I can get it running) and it doesn't stop the problem from occurring again.

I haven't determined yet but I'm afraid the box may not be recording when it gets into this state.

Called Tech Support today. Of course the woman had never heard of the problem. Her supervisor told her to tell me to swap the box.

So apparently now Navigatr 2016 is destroying hardware? I'll be damned if I'm going to give up all of my recorded content via swap without a fight. Rogers, this is a debacle. You need to get a fix out for this ASAP.

I Plan to Stick Around

Shan-man

I had seen this issue with numerous other users but had never experienced it .........until today. Had the same unreponsive issue and had to pull the plug. 

I'm also having the plroblem where the box doesn't recognize the HDMI port. I have to take the TV remote, change the input to HDMI 2 and then back to HDMI1 to get it to recognize the TV. This only started after the "Upgrade"

They must be doing something ( I take it shooting in the dark ) since at least the symptoms and problems keep changing. 

You're right changing the box is just there way to get you off the phone.

I Plan to Stick Around

A Rogers person said earlier "If the box doesn't take the update correctly, it can cause these symptoms. ..."

I would predict when all is said and done, that this is the main issue. Updates are tricky at the best of times and doing them on the fly as rogers does it at any time of the day is a recipe for disaster. I have probably even rebooted/unpluged my box in the middle of updates unwittingly. 

Anyway just a personal update, after many days of updates, reboots, no on/off function, freezes etc, the box has been stable and working nicely for a week or 2 now.   

I Plan to Stick Around

after the latest downgrade to the new Navigatr software I am also having the "will not turn off, will not turn on issue".

Power button does not work

Missing recordings

Multiple recordings of the same item listed

etc etc etc

Is this surprising or unexpected

Nope... from the delusional  people of Rogers ....delivering anger to your living room on a daily basis

also....whats up with some of the pictures, you can't tell what show they are???

I Plan to Stick Around

This morning I wanted to make some adjustments to my channel lineup and selected the "Settings" button, only to be met with a navigator settings screen and nothing in it - blank!  Tried three poweroffs and nothing.  I will state that since this upgrade my viewing experience has gone from decent to terrible.  This is but the latest in annoyances.  Seems only a box reset will do the trick and that means losing my recordings.  That is totally unacceptable as is this forced "upgrade"

for the first time in over 30 years, Rogers has finally gone too far and shutting it down completely is more than likely going to be my solution.  I can't accept paying as much as I do and have absolutely no say in anything.  That's enough.

I'm a Senior Contributor

Hello ,

Here is a thought:

Months ago, a Roger's technicians "fixed a problem" (before Navigatr) and the power button; the remote and nothing else would turn on the NB 3.0.

(From then on I have been VERY careful about letting technicians back into the house)

I unplugged the box from the power bar; left it 10 minutes and then used a DIFFERENT plug.

I have not had that problem since (YET).

ASSUMPTION: Maybe some of the "updated" downloads are causing anomalies and the BOX is blowing individual power bar sockets. Maybe the sockets need to be reset or changed?

I Plan to Stick Around

As reported by numerous people (and myself earlier in this forum), I too have the Rogers "freeze/unresponsive" problems. This can occur when the set is on or off. During this freeze, no shows will be recorded...although the red light may be on...the light is also frozen...nothing will be recorded...your PVR is basically dead during the freeze. I have contacted Rogers...techie said he has been getting many calls about this same problem (hence the 40 minute wait to get a live person). They have no solutions...are working on it (don't hold your breath). I intend to call them everyday...as I would suggest to everyone.

As far as rebooting from "settings"...me and others have tried...does not solve the problem. You will also note from earlier posts here (see pages 3,4) as well as on forums that are on the canadian digital website also discussing this problem (see link from earlier pages), that people have done a factory reset (i.e. you lose everything) and the problem persists. At least 5 people on these two forums have swapped their PVR's for new ones AND STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM).

The solutions that Rogers on this forum and by phone are giving you ARE NOT WORKING!!!!!!

I noticed that this forum now has over 500 viewers and to get Rogers by phone is now about an hour wait. I find it appalling that they are telling people to do a factory reset, hence lose everything, and/or swap it for another box...both things that Rogers told me to do...BUT I TOLD THEM TO READ THIS FORUM AND THE OTHER ONE I MENTIONED THAT HAS THEIR CUSTOMERS (SOME YOU WILL SEE FROM EARLIER POSTS ARE NO LONGER THEIR CUSTOMERS) TELLING THEM THESE THINGS DON'T FIX THE PROBLEM!!!!

All these suggestions are doing is causing more people to become more upset!!!

Rogers should be contacting everyone either by email, phone, or text, letting them know there is a problem and FIX THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Until they do this, I HOPE YOU WILL ALL CONTINUE TO CALL THEM DAILY. Thank-you...sorry for yelling Smiley Happy