UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

I agree the previous U.I. may not have been perfect but it was light years ahead of Navigatr in terms of offering helpful suggestions when searching for a program. It was simple and logical. Those words are definitely not how I would describe the new Navigatr U.I.

Just out of curiosity, do you work for Rogers? Because you seem to be certain about Navigatr being here to stay in spite of the superior performance of the previous U.I. and thousands of complaints from customers regarding the failed Navigatr rollout.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I do not work for Rogers.  As discussed in this thread many times, there are reasons why RTN will not be brought back - Cisco selling the business, etc.  Rogers themselves have stated the same.

At least now we can turn off the "more like this" "feature". For a while the July 28th version didn't even allow you to disable the "feature".

We can only hope that Rogers addresses the long list of "issues" that I linked, two posts back (1768).  Rogers did address some of the issues of the July 28 version.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Danno wrote:

Just out of curiosity, do you work for Rogers? Because you seem to be certain about Navigatr being here to stay in spite of the superior performance of the previous U.I. and thousands of complaints from customers regarding the failed Navigatr rollout.

@57 does not work for Rogers. He's a moderator on Digitalhome.ca where he runs the TV and home theatre stuff. We're lucky he finds time in his busy schedule to visit here. You would have to go back to the beginning of the Navigatr threads to learn the details why there is no way back to the previous U.I. You're now stuck with Navigatr and must hope it gets fixed to where it's acceptable, or a brand new interface is developed.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

OK thanks for the clarification.

I would respectfully suggest almost anything is better than the new Navigatr U.I.

So put me on the list of those wanting Rogers to take it off and replace it with something that works.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

This is a new issue for this Navigatr Discussion.

One of my frustations with Navigatr is finding information on this Community Forum to see if anyone has the same problem as me.  57's post that I am replying to is a good example of useful information. Unfortunately, everything seems to be dumped here under "UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016."  Is it possible to add:  "Better ways of structuring the community discussion topics on Navigatr" to the list of problems that Rogers has not addressed?

I'd like to thank Oldyellr, gdKitty, 57, robindp, bs and others for helping folks like me by posting information but it would be useful if the MODS could at least organize the comments/subjects better related to the Navigatr - Netbox problems.  I'd suggest organizing the discussions based on the list of issues that the REs have posted but others may want to suggest something better. Reading 1703 posts to find an answer doesn't see very efficient to me.  Some discussions have less posts which is more managable. 

e.g. I wanted to find out what version of Navigatr I have and when it was last updated by Rogers.  I know a few clicks will get me there, but if you type in Navigatr Version  you get about 30 unrelated Navigatr discussions. MODS can move posts to these Discussions but the actual Discussions are not structured in any useful way. 

Finding an answer to a real or imagined problems with Navigatr is like running a gauntlet of Klingon pain sticks.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@User14 wrote:

This is a new issue for this Navigatr Discussion.

One of my frustations with Navigatr is finding information on this Community Forum to see if anyone has the same problem as me.  57's post that I am replying to is a good example of useful information. Unfortunately, everything seems to be dumped here under "UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016."  Is it possible to add:  "Better ways of structuring the community discussion topics on Navigatr" to the list of problems that Rogers has not addressed?

I'd like to thank Oldyellr, gdKitty, 57, robindp, bs and others for helping folks like me by posting information but it would be useful if the MODS could at least organize the comments/subjects better related to the Navigatr - Netbox problems.  I'd suggest organizing the discussions based on the list of issues that the REs have posted but others may want to suggest something better. Reading 1703 posts to find an answer doesn't see very efficient to me.  Some discussions have less posts which is more managable. 

Quite right, the guys you mention offer solutions and helpful hints but you have to wade through a pile of 'I hate Navigatr' posts that offer nothing other than that to find them.
I'm a Senior Advisor

@User14 wrote:
... it would be useful if the MODS could at least organize the comments/subjects better related to the Navigatr - Netbox problems.  I'd suggest organizing the discussions based on the list of issues that the REs have posted but others may want to suggest something better. Reading 1703 posts to find an answer doesn't see very efficient to me.  Some discussions have less posts which is more managable. 

e.g. I wanted to find out what version of Navigatr I have and when it was last updated by Rogers.  I know a few clicks will get me there, but if you type in Navigatr Version  you get about 30 unrelated Navigatr discussions. MODS can move posts to these Discussions but the actual Discussions are not structured in any useful way. 

Finding an answer to a real or imagined problems with Navigatr is like running a gauntlet of Klingon pain sticks.

I agree that there are vastly more complaints about Navigatr here than there are workarounds. You can make a suggestion in the Lounge - Community - Community Questions & Suggestions Forum.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It's difficult to separate the discussions sometimes because many posts may contain points regarding several issues.

For example, someone may say "I can't CC, my scheduled recordings are not to be found, I don't like the tiles and I have version X.a.Y.Z.  Four different points in one short sentence.

What would be useful is a "search this thread" option, like many forums have.

I see that there is an advanced search option wherein you can select specific words and have them sorted "by post", rather than by "topic".  That may help.  Searching can be quite tricky and sometimes the search doesn't find things even if they're there.  (For example, I just did an advanced search for "version" by post, by date and it didn't find post 1775, but it did find this post...)

I Plan to Stick Around

@57 wrote:

It's difficult to separate the discussions sometimes because many posts may contain points regarding several issues.

For example, someone may say "I can't CC, my scheduled recordings are not to be found, I don't like the tiles and I have version X.a.Y.Z.  Four different points in one short sentence.

What would be useful is a "search this thread" option, like many forums have.

I see that there is an advanced search option wherein you can select specific words and have them sorted "by post", rather than by "topic".  That may help.  Searching can be quite tricky and sometimes the search doesn't find things even if they're there.  (For example, I just did a search for "version" and it didn't find this post...)

I agree with 57's comments above.

I would also like to add that the reason we have hundreds of people complaining about the same issues over the months is because no one directly from Rogers replies to posts about these issues, solves the issues, or offers a time-frame for when many of these issues will be resolved. Instead, this community forum is a form of buffer allowing customers to vent their frustrations but, with the exception of other customers finding work-arounds for the problems, offering no real information or solutions.  

On the CC thread here in the forum, some of us have posted portions of emails from Rogers representatives acknowledging one of the CC issues and giving a hoped-for time frame for a resolution.  Wouldn't it be nice if Rogers would make use of these Community forums to actually accept responsibility for the issues reported here, and give us updates on what they are doing to resolve these issues.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

We all know how useless Navigatr is for checking your scheduled recordings. For example, for single recordings it's not possible to check the channel, day, date, time, etc, even by clicking on it.

So, I've been using AnyPlace to check my recordings, which has typically worked well, however, this Sunday I'm recording:

12:00AM Channel 498 - F1 Pre-Race
3:00AM Channel 498 - F1 Post Race
12:55 Channel 30 - F1 Race.

The F1 race shows fine, but the Pre and Post-Race segments are showing on AnyPlace as SportsCentre.

Worse still, I have the Driver Introductions set to record on Channel 498 at 11:30PM Saturday. That programme has the title "NCAA Basketball" on Anyplace. How helpful.  Smiley Mad

It's the same on AnyPlace Web Version (FF45.0 on my Mac Mini) or on RAPTV on my iPad. It's difficult to know whether to blame Navigatr or AnyPlace for this mess. I was using AnyPlace to schedule the recordings and the programme titles are now showing incorrectly, even though they were correct at the time of scheduling.  The programme titles are correct on Navigatr, but without any channel, time, day, date information.

On the IPG grid in AnyPlace, the "red dots" are in the correct spot with the correct programme title. How Sad!