UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Nexbox 3 direct connection cable to set box.

I'm an Advisor

Hello @Danno,

@Danno wrote:

Nexbox 3 direct connection cable to set box.

Excellent - this eliminates a few possicle issues. Do you have other cable boxes, and are they having the same problem?

I Plan to Stick Around

No. This is the only one. I have a black screen for two channels - 28 and 29. I have rebooted several times. I blame Navigatr which is a real downgrade from what we had before.
I'm an Advisor

Hello @Danno,

Don't be too quick to blame Navigatr - I have seen these issues on RTN and SARA (pre-Navigatr) software on other cable boxes.

From what you told me, it sounds like a problem with signals to the box. Give Rogers technical support a call (1-888-ROGERS-1) - a technician visit can fix this problem. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I am not too quick to blame Navigatr but the functionality has been severely compromised. Commands that were quick and easy now take 10 or more clicks and other times are impossible to execute. The Search feature is idiotic and only shows VOD most of the time when it should display the live programming. Recording a series is not possible (try Conan). Navigatr will let you set one recording but not multiple ones for the series. There are no folders for recorded programs which are shuffled randomly with no order. The information in the icon is insufficiently brief even though there is tons of room to put in all the info like in the old user guide. Then there's the extremely slow response time and frequent crashes necessitating customer reboots.

As for my immediate problem, the channels are back now.
I Plan to Stick Around

As a resident expert I would hope you would realize by now this is not idle griping. Lots of people have genuine concerns about Navigatr and yet Rogers has a really flippant attitude towards them just dismissing them. One actually told me "you'll get used to it." That is not acceptable when there are real problems which are not exclusive to just myself but to thousands of customers who absolutely hate the new Navigatr. Thanks for listening.
I'm an Advisor

Hello @Danno,

@Danno wrote:
As a resident expert I would hope you would realize by now this is not idle griping. Lots of people have genuine concerns about Navigatr and yet Rogers has a really flippant attitude towards them just dismissing them. One actually told me "you'll get used to it." That is not acceptable when there are real problems which are not exclusive to just myself but to thousands of customers who absolutely hate the new Navigatr. Thanks for listening.

I understand your frustrations with Navigatr, I share them (remember: Resident Experts are customers, just like you).

It is good to hear that the channels are working again. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Cheers Robin!
I'm an Advisor

@RogersCorey wrote:

Good evening folks,

Intended functionality is that recorded programs will naturally shift to account for daylight savings time. 

I hope that clears this up,

RogersCorey

Thx.

We know what's intended. And it worked OK for me last time change last Fall with the first version of this wonderful PVR software ( sarcasm intended)

Q:  Has anyone in Rogers actually tested it ?

I Plan to Stick Around

@park wrote:

@RogersCorey wrote:

Good evening folks,

Intended functionality is that recorded programs will naturally shift to account for daylight savings time. 

I hope that clears this up,

RogersCorey

Thx.

We know what's intended. And it worked OK for me last time change last Fall with the first version of this wonderful PVR software ( sarcasm intended)

Q:  Has anyone in Rogers actually tested it ?

Also worked for me last fall...but at that time the change was made directly to the guide...i.e. showed 2 a.m. twice...which is what most guides did.  This time is very wierd...with them shifting the scheduled times by an hour instead of directly omitting 2 a.m. in the guide.

I would also like to know if this has been tested, because as all of us here know "Intended functionality" and what we actually end up with are very different outcomes in a post Navigatr world!