UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@RogersHassam wrote:

Hello @Customer01,

@RogersMargaret had posted a few weeks ago reassuring the Community that we are monitoring all the feedback and sending it to the appropriate groups. Please see the link below. 

Link: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

@RogersHassam,

Thank you for responding.  I am glad to know that the feedback continues to be passed to higher authorities.  

I do wish they would be more communicative, and reassure me, and others, that Rogers accepts that there was a huge mistake in releasing this Navigatr software, untested, and inform us what is being done, and when to expect improvements, and what the end date is for everything.  

This new software is SO disappointing, especially after all the hype about how much better it would be.  It is far from user friendly, and the tiles are a terrible idea.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@PeterJ2 wrote:

I would like to watch a show currently being recorded so I can FF thru the commercials.

I would rather wait 20 minutes than watch it live.

When select the show you are trying to watch across the top you will see 2 tabs, "Recorded" and "Scheduled".  It defaults to Recorded.  Go into Scheduled.  You will be able to watch a recording that is in progress from there.

See also Message 3 of:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

from Gdkitty.

I've Been Around

I was bumped to the forums from a chat where I was told there's no way with the new Navigatr system to delete multiple recordings that aren't part of a single folder (except if I want to delete all recordings on the PVR).

The old system allowed you to simply select multiple recordings, mark them with an 'X' and hit a delete button (C?) when done marking.  I have over 300 recordings with a large majority not in folders and having to delete one-by-one is extremely painful.  Add the fact that the it bumps me back to the top of the recording list after each deletion and the frustration is enough to make me want to cancel my cable for Rogers having foisted such a poorly-tested upon its customers without choice (BTW, this is far from the only issue I've had since 'upgrade' so patience is thin). 

For one quick example, I recorded about 25 episodes of one show months ago when there was a weekend marathon going on.  After watching a couple, I'm not interested but because they are all individually listed (don't know why) and near the bottom of my list, it would take me maybe an hour (?) to delete them all. 

Have searched these forums and found nothing to contradict what I was told in the chat.  Am I missing something or does this basic functionality no longer exist?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

in the recording menu there is an option to delete all completed recordings. You can also delete all scheduled recordings there as well. Just select between Recorded and Scheduled tab top left of screen. Easy peasy.

Steve
I'm a Senior Contributor

@remaxman wrote:

in the recording menu there is an option to delete all completed recordings. You can also delete all scheduled recordings there as well. Just select between Recorded and Scheduled tab top left of screen. Easy peasy.

I don't think this relates to the question that was being asked. OP wanted to know how to delete multiple recordings that resided in MULTIPLE tiles. You told him how to delete multiple shows in the SAME tile.

I too would like to know how you can mark mutiple TILES for deletion at the same time. Do not think it is possible. 

I'm an Advisor

Hello @DC7,

@DC7 wrote:

I was bumped to the forums from a chat where I was told there's no way with the new Navigatr system to delete multiple recordings that aren't part of a single folder...Am I missing something or does this basic functionality no longer exist?

You are not missing anything - this functionality has been removed from Navigatr. Everyone on this forum is advocating for a return to the list format and the return of the multi-delete (of different programs) feature.

I Plan to Stick Around

After having used NAVIGATR for over a month now and reading the comments in this forum, I am left wondering what problems was it supposed to solve.  An overwhelming number views (including mine) suggest that the old software was better than NAVIGATR. I have yet to find one positive comments. The only thing that some (not me) consider an improvement is the tiles for the recorded programs - if you like pictures rather than reading. But does it really help? In many cases I don't recognize the show from the picture and the writing is too small and in some cases the name of the show is hidden because of the indication whether it is a new recording. I have seen a bit of the video about the new NAVIGATR on the rogers.com website. It is total BS. Using it is NOT intuitive and it is NOT easier. There are so many things now that I cannot do anymore or is more difficult to do.

Please Rogers, bring back the old system or you will be losing more customers. I will be looking at other options when my contract expires in June.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For anyone wanting to delete multiple recordings, you can do this via AnyPlace (the Manage PVR) web or tablet (RAPTV) or mobile app.

Certainly in the web version you can select multiple recordings and delete them.  I would suggest not overwhelming the system by selecting say 4-5 at a time.  Perhaps you cannot delete multiples in Tablet or Mobile apps, but it should be faster, even if you need to do single deletes, than doing it on the PVR itself, especially if you have the 8642, which you should consider upgrading to the 9865, especially if you're renting.

On your computer browser, go to the following link, sign in and click "remember me" if that's an option.  You'll obviously need a Rogers account and password.  This app is extremely valuable now that the "list" of recordings is no longer a list.

http://www.rogersondemand.com/  Click "Manage PVR"

Some people have encountered issues contacting their PVR via the app, but that is almost always a result of a poor return signal from your PVR - which you should contact Rogers to correct.  I use the web version almost daily for the last 5 years and other than the occasional hour, or occasional holiday, it works. (Disclaimer, there was a time in 2015 when the web version link was gone, but then I used my iPad. There was a time when the iPad version was not compatible with iOS9 and I used the web version.  There was a time when certain Android devices had issues with the latest OS.)  Always good to check your oft-used apps for compatibility before upgrading the OS in your device.

AnyPlace is also very useful for searches since it's much faster and gives you more channel options.

I Plan to Stick Around

Anybody else not getting any info in the guide for ABC Spark (I get it on ch.58)?  I reported it 2 days ago and just got my regular "still working on it" automated Rogers response.  Before I spend 40 minutes on hold AGAIN, I'm wondering if this is isolated or not.  Can't tape my kids favourite shows until it's fixed Smiley Embarassed

I'm a Senior Advisor

ABCSH 58 "To Be Announced". Not Navigatr.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario