UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Good Afternoon @shan-man@molly222 and @daniellager,

We're sorry to hear you are having issues with your boxes not responding to your remote and/or difficulty turning your boxes on/off.

We'd like to talk a deeper look into your account to help you resolve this issue. 

I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check your message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

@RogersGabrielle

I Plan to Stick Around

Stand by for the population  of this forum to explode, after this just announced rollout to a much larger area of Ontario.

I Plan to Stick Around

I also have this "frozen" and reboot issue. Also have no on demand or Shomi.  Have had many conversations with tech support, have been escalated to "president" and still no resolution. Have been advised that the best hope is further updates happening by the beginning of February although that is the 4th "promise" date I have been given. 

I'm a Senior Contributor

Hi ,

"Seriously!!! After all the issues experienced by all the customers in these posts you are still going to go ahead with this ill concieved rollout???

Rogers has no conscience."

May I add no judgement either.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I suspect the real reason driving the continued "problem plagued" roll-out is money.  Rogers has probably contracted with Espial to load X number of set top boxes by some given date, for which they might already be late.  So, there might penalties built into the contract, payable to Espial, never mind the problems that the Espial software is causing.  And, Rogers has probably terminated any contract it might have with Cisco, in terms of paying royalties for software loaded on Rogers set-top boxes, and Rogers probably doesn't want to pay additional royalties to Cisco when Espial is getting paid at the same time.  That would admit failure and a certain amount of eating humble pie.  And, possibly Rogers has burned its bridges with Cisco as well.  So..... two steps forward, one step back..... or something like that.

Retired Moderator RogersMay
Retired Moderator

@Gerim, Hello and welcome to the Community Forums!

We would like to help.

Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

RogersMay

I Plan to Stick Around

Still no mention of Markham. Hmmmmmm.

I Plan to Stick Around

Me too.

Yesterday, I had two 'freeze ups' in quick succession that both required the power to be pulled.  After the second power pull / reboot I tried the advice of some others and did a Reboot via the Settings menu.  That was around 5:30 Wed Jan 13.  The box was fine all evening and this morning after that. 

The box was off and I ran some errands. I just came back and discovered the box won't turn on again.  I will let it sit for a bit, as I did yesterday before I pulled the plug the second time, before I kill the power again.

But Rogers, it seems you have a issue that needs to be resolved quickly.  It's one thing to have hard to read fonts.  It's quite another to have a box that randomly freezes with on or off and requires a unplug which is harsh to the electronics.  I can't watch a box like this and won't put up with it for long.

I Plan to Stick Around

So far so good. Everything seems to be working ok on my Nextbox 3 except the problem with fast forward and rewind remain on Shomi and on demand channels. You used to be able to adjust the speed from slow to fast and very fast. This no longer worked on Navigatr 1 and continues to not work with the latest release. There's just one speed. 

Can anyone else confirm or is it just me. 

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hi @mpfc75,

We are certainly keeping a track of the issues and they are being reported to the appropriate teams. Can you please try changing your power on keys setting from the settings menu to "power and others"? If you have to keep rebooting the box, there is a possibility it can be signal or box related as well. If the box doesn't take the update correctly, it can cause these symptoms. A factoy restore is another option you can try but it does delete all recordings and settings on the box which I can definitely understand is inconveniencing. Can you also try switching to a different power outlet directly for the box? 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam