UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
falcios
I'm a Regular

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

When you select Fav on the remote with the Explorer 1840 set top box, it will cycle through all the channels you have selected as Favourites.

Is there a way to do this with the NetBox 4642?

Thanks in advance.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@falcios:

Assuming that you have some channels set as favourites, simply press the guide button repeatedly. It will cycle between your favourites and all channels.  I prefer this to using the FAV button, which doesn't always work as advertized.

Edit:  I just realized that you wanted to "surf" your favourites.  I don't think this is possible with the Navigatr firmware, so no, you cannot surf your favourites.  If you use the guide showing only the favourites, you can see what's on those channels and then select one that is showing something of interest.

benjero
I've Been Around

Does anyone have unformation when all the updates that were previously referenced will roll out? They are mentioned here: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

The original article said "this summer" but I have yet to recieve any updates. The biggest flaw as I see it is the PVR functionailty. Tiles rather than a list view makes it very hard to get a snapshot of all recordings. Also, after deleting a recording, the screen jumps back to the top, making it very frustrating and time-consuming to delete multiple recordings.

JVH
I've Been Around

Recently I've found my Cisco HDPVR has spontaneously been changing my view from subscribed channels to all channels.  It should not do this.

Also recently, when I set up a series recording I get the red double-dot icon on the schedule entry, as expected, but if I scroll away from that page of the schedule, and then back again, the icon might be gone.  If I click on the program entry I get the option to set a series recording, so I set it again, but when I go to save it, I'm told the series is already set to record.  And sure enough the double-dot icon is there.  But if I scroll away or close the schedule page and then go back again, the icon is gone again.  What is going on?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JVH wrote:

Also recently, when I set up a series recording I get the red double-dot icon on the schedule entry, as expected, but if I scroll away from that page of the schedule, and then back again, the icon might be gone. 

Check out the following thread on IPG Inconsistencies. The issue you mention happens once in a while to certain programmes, along with lots of other issues discussed in that thread. Try to wait for a day to see if it self-corrects, as mentioned in posts 34 & 36 of that thread.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

Also do a reboot of the PVR to see if it corrects your "subscribed/all"  issue. I believe others have reported this issue and it usually goes to "all" after a reboot.

JonBoy49
I'm a Reliable Contributor

<snip>
when I set up a series recording I get the red double-dot icon on the schedule entry, as expected, but if I scroll away from that page of the schedule, and then back again, the icon might be gone.  If I click on the program entry I get the option to set a series recording, so I set it again, but when I go to save it, I'm told the series is already set to record.  And sure enough the double-dot icon is there.  But if I scroll away or close the schedule page and then go back again, the icon is gone again.  What is going on?

Nothing unusual - just the results of a poor design with completley inadequate testing. I've been seeing this issue for some time now and it is very frustrating.

BeyondIrate
I've Been Around

I was on the phone today with Rogers arguing about a new deal as the one I had expired and I flat out asked where the big end of summer update was that was promised for all the people who were infested with Navigatr. She looked into it and actually told me that Rogers sent out a memo to all employees today that the new update will start rolling out on Oct. 3rd and is supposed to be comepleted by the end of November. She listed a bunch of things that were supposed to be fixed and a lot of them were things that people have complained about here. Including the tile problems.

I have no idea if what she told me was true but she mentioned a lot of fixes that I don't think were just brought up at the top of her head. She even gave the update number but I didn't pay much attention to any of it because I was too irked with the new deal she was trying to give me.

If the update for Oct. 3rd is true then perhaps someone from Rogers could come on here and let everyone know what exactly is being updated and exactly when. It really is the very, very least you could do after months of silence.

Thanks a bunch.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

@BeyondIrate Thanks for providing the information on what you heard. 3 days away, the cynic in me says, "I will believe it when I see it", but I agree, the information you were getting seems far too detailed to have just been off the top of anybodies' head.

But I can sympathize with you on the other issue raised here about trying to get a new and reasonable bundle. Given the changes that we can expect in the market between competitors, changing infrastructure, CRTC implementations, possible IPTV, a 4K PVR box, it will be a tough one to pick a reasonably priced bundle that is similiar to what you had, and if you can avoid any contract obligations, it would be wise.

Consider reporting your experiences on building a new package in the new packages thread that has been going on recently.

But back to Navigtr - If they can manage that by the end of of November, then they will be one year after the first major upgrade, and 17 months since we saw the original mess that went out to the two areas in the "gradual rollout" that died in its tracks because it was such a mess.

Hope they have it right this time.  Maybe good sign that they may have the 4K PVR nailed down, and maybe even preparation for the target of 2017 for IPTV implementation as well. Very long, frustration wait that has pushed everybody's patience way beyond what any sane human being should ever be expected to live with and that applies to the Rogers staff, up to the President's office that had the catch 22 position of trying to market a lemon, while users were screaming at the top of their longs for months - "what in the world have you done", and "are you ever going to tell us anything directly?"

Bruce