UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@Espo035 wrote:

Any idea when the Ottawa area will be getting the update?

Be careful what you wish for. Most of us would really prefer we didn't get this forced update. Certainly will never call it an up"grade" that's for sure.

Be content while you can. Once you are updated you will wish you hadn't been. 

I've Been Around

Navigatr is slow and cumbersome when using the PVR.  Very frustrating.  If there is a new set top box coming out it had better have a faster processor(assuming that is the current problem).  A poorly conceived idea.  You should give an option for classic so that we can opt out of this.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@regtiessen wrote:

Navigatr is slow and cumbersome when using the PVR.  Very frustrating.  If there is a new set top box coming out it had better have a faster processor(assuming that is the current problem).  A poorly conceived idea.  You should give an option for classic so that we can opt out of this.

Which box model do you current have?

This software IS slow on the 8642 model PVRs.  But it is fast on the newer Nextbox3, the 9865. 
It has been out for over a year now.
If you are renting, this is something you could easily switch too (other than you have to watch all your recordings first off the old one)

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Sounds like a hardware issue to me. I may not like some of the 'enhacements' but i don't notice Navigatr is slower than the old guide at all. I have a 9865HD and it operates fine.

Very true and that is why the development team should have tested on hardware that is not the newest out there as well.

I Plan to Stick Around

it's REALLY slow on my terminals which are Explorer 8600s

I have time to go get a much needed drink after clicking the "guide" button 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The 4642 HD box is livable with it... since it doesnt have any PVR functionality..

But the 8600 series is severely underpowered for it.  😞

Sounds like a reason not to buy any box for cable. When this sort of thing happens you end up with a doorstop

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its one reason i STOPED buying boxes.

Yeah.. after a few years point.. you end up spending MORE..

BUT.. you then never really get STUCK with an out of date piece of hardware.

That's it in a nutshell. They are essentially computers with a finite shelf life. Eventually like all other computers they are obsolete. You end up paying more to rent but any problem with a rental box and you take it bake and get a more current piece of hardware.