UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@Joe73 wrote:

Some of my SERIES recordings aren’t grouped together although they have the same title. Why is this?

Multiple tiles, but with the same name?

I have found, that even though the TITLE is the same..  (lets say NCIS for an example), you can end up with 3+ tiles based on the following.

- Recording a series on channel X will give you one.

- If you set up a silgle recording by hand, even if on the same channel X, it will create its own tile.

- if you have it set up, to go in any form on channel Y, it will give you another one.

etc.

The OLD guide, would still put them in the same folder.
This is something , i think they need to fix and do in THIS guide as well.
Even on the old one, if on different channels, would group together.

If you have old recordings on there.. i know the old guide used to randomly record stuff on the UPPER or LOWER channel.. which could then possibly have then, under the new break out.. show different tiles for it. (i had 1-2 like this)

I Plan to Stick Around

To: Baseball Mama...I feel your pain.  The first 10-14 days were the worst...constant downloads and wierd happenings and time spent deleting and re-sorting thru the world of tiles!   I don't think Rogers understands how time consuming it is to have to "deal with" this animal, nor the constant fear of what is next?

To:  Rocksandtrees:  Yes, I still am getting the occassional runaway recording that never ends until you pull the plug.  I also still get the occasional show that does not record and I can't set it to record because it says "duplicate recording"...both bugs left over and not fixed.

I would like to emphasive the importance of showing an actual CHANNEL NUMBER on scheduled/upcoming recordings.  The signal on my street is not the best...therefore many of the lower channels (global, CITY) I have to watch on the 500 channels because the picture freezes and pizelates on the lower ones.  There are others however that the reverse is true...i.e. can't watch on the higher one.  A very nice Rogers repairman who has been at my house many times due to signal problems, said that they "batch" channels together...so even though you think it's the same channel...because of the "batching" of channels, you can have this happen and he sees it often in areas where the Rogers lines are old and need replacing.  So for people like myself and my neighbours, until they actually put in new lines (been waiting over 5 years)...we need to watch and record on specific CHANNEL NUMBERS...this was a huge issue about a year ago when Rogers automatically would change the series recordings to the higher HD numbers...a lot of us screamed pretty loudly and they stopped it.  Of course this wouldn't be a problem if everyone had a REALLY GOOD SIGNAL...which I think is also a contributing factor to some of our Navigatr booting problems.  I am hoping that a ROGERS MODERATOR can pass this problem along...WE NEED TO SEE THE CHANNEL NUMBER BECAUSE SOME OF US HAVE TO LIVE WITH A WEAKER SIGNAL UNTIL YOU FIX THAT TOO!

p.s.  sorry for yelling...I feel better now Smiley Very Happy

Spoiler

I Plan to Stick Around

@Steelheader wrote:
Here is the Espial video on their TV browser. You can see how it syncs with SMART TVs and the web.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vtE3gJtulkY

I could not help but have a look at this propaganda video and and could not help but notice that commenting has been disabled! I wonder why.Smiley LOL

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@molly222 wrote:

To: Baseball Mama...I feel your pain.  The first 10-14 days were the worst...constant downloads and wierd happenings and time spent deleting and re-sorting thru the world of tiles!   I don't think Rogers understands how time consuming it is to have to "deal with" this animal, nor the constant fear of what is next?

To:  Rocksandtrees:  Yes, I still am getting the occassional runaway recording that never ends until you pull the plug.  I also still get the occasional show that does not record and I can't set it to record because it says "duplicate recording"...both bugs left over and not fixed.

I would like to emphasive the importance of showing an actual CHANNEL NUMBER on scheduled/upcoming recordings.  The signal on my street is not the best...therefore many of the lower channels (global, CITY) I have to watch on the 500 channels because the picture freezes and pizelates on the lower ones.  There are others however that the reverse is true...i.e. can't watch on the higher one.  A very nice Rogers repairman who has been at my house many times due to signal problems, said that they "batch" channels together...so even though you think it's the same channel...because of the "batching" of channels, you can have this happen and he sees it often in areas where the Rogers lines are old and need replacing.  So for people like myself and my neighbours, until they actually put in new lines (been waiting over 5 years)...we need to watch and record on specific CHANNEL NUMBERS...this was a huge issue about a year ago when Rogers automatically would change the series recordings to the higher HD numbers...a lot of us screamed pretty loudly and they stopped it.  Of course this wouldn't be a problem if everyone had a REALLY GOOD SIGNAL...which I think is also a contributing factor to some of our Navigatr booting problems.  I am hoping that a ROGERS MODERATOR can pass this problem along...WE NEED TO SEE THE CHANNEL NUMBER BECAUSE SOME OF US HAVE TO LIVE WITH A WEAKER SIGNAL UNTIL YOU FIX THAT TOO!

p.s.  sorry for yelling...I feel better now Smiley Very Happy

Spoiler

If your getting weak signals.. its nothing rogers can do from the BACK end. 😞

You would need to get a tech out to fix it.... and if its beyond the house level (street, etc) the tech would then need to escalate to maintenance.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@headhoncho wrote:

last night my Navigatr'd NB3 had the recording light on before I went to bed - I was too tired to go through each tile to see what was recording (I didn't think anything should have been) so I left it (the old list function would have told me what I wanted to know with 1 click) and the light was still on this morning.  So I rebooted and I see that the PVR usage went up by around 6% but obviously nothing recorded all night long

certainly another bug - curious that the usage increased but nothing was recorded

Happened to me last week.  You won't find any new shows recorded.  What you will most likely find is that one if the shows you were recording continued to record.

Mine had recorded about 26 hours of the Big Bank Theory.  We tried to watch the show but when it got about 10 min into the show it kicked us out of the show.  Tried to watch again, FF to part we were at, but got kicked out again.  So we were not able to see what it recorded for the rest of the 26 hours.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@mfait Describes exactly our experience - off to Internet to find it on line or on demand.

Bruce

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I had a problem with weak signal a couple of years ago and it ended up resulting in all of the coax throughout the house being replaced. Once that was done, everything was noticeably better.

I Plan to Stick Around

Any news on how recording conflicts are handled?

Is there a screen you can go to that highlights conflicts?

By conflicts I mean you've set up three series to record, and each of them have an episode to record at the same time.  How does Navigatr let you know which two will record and which one won't?

How do you change series recording priority?

It would be useful if the channel and recording time were always visible when you check out a scheduled recording box.

Lastly, does anyone else find that there are tons of times where you press exit and you get kicked out of the PVR section entirely?

I'm not entirely sure when this happens, but it can be frustrating.

This is what has happened to me.  Scrolled down through several pages of recorded programs to a couple of record series boxes at the bottom.  I want to look at a couple of them in this area.  I click on one, get the info I need, and then press EXIT hoping to be taken back to the box listing with the item I just looked at highlighted.  Instead it kicks me out completely and I have to completely repeat the procedure of scrolling through pages.

I just find everything takes 5 times as long to do as under the old system.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I have heard that it will still tell you this, but the concern at the moment for some is what happens when you have a prescheduled program in the same place and one of the older one comes back into place, possibly leading to conflicts.  Does it tell us this in any way - yes the date and time would be so useful - mentioned many, many times.

Not sure about setting priority - has anyone else with an NB2 run into this or could do some testing to help.  This one has been brought up just recently, along with yours now, but to date, I am not sure if anyone has given a good workout to test it and to document if there are issues and how to work with it.  It was simple in the past, but since you are not the first to report it, it must be causing issues - needs more exploration - any NB2 users out there want to take it on.

I sometimes feel like not only are we here on the board the beta testers, but we are also usability testers, documentors of workarounds, and often giving logical solutions to move forward.  And we get paid in nothing but compliments from the board, kudos, which are nice, we get respect, but we do it becausse we mostly like to solve problems, want to help, but we are just as frustrated and have gone through various levels of that frustration over time.

I hope someone can provide you the answer.  Or you could wait on tech support, but they probably don't have an answer, so nah, don't bother.

I could test this, but in my case I would have to do 9 recordings as I am on NB3.

And yes, much of this box is frustrating.  

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

@gjdj wrote:

Any news on how recording conflicts are handled?

Is there a screen you can go to that highlights conflicts?

By conflicts I mean you've set up three series to record, and each of them have an episode to record at the same time.  How does Navigatr let you know which two will record and which one won't?

How do you change series recording priority?

It would be useful if the channel and recording time were always visible when you check out a scheduled recording box.

Lastly, does anyone else find that there are tons of times where you press exit and you get kicked out of the PVR section entirely?

I'm not entirely sure when this happens, but it can be frustrating.

This is what has happened to me.  Scrolled down through several pages of recorded programs to a couple of record series boxes at the bottom.  I want to look at a couple of them in this area.  I click on one, get the info I need, and then press EXIT hoping to be taken back to the box listing with the item I just looked at highlighted.  Instead it kicks me out completely and I have to completely repeat the procedure of scrolling through pages.

I just find everything takes 5 times as long to do as under the old system.

Yes, we have been having this exit problem.  I think it is another thing to be looked at. In the old system, Exit would take you back to the previous screen.  In Navigatr, it works differently, and there needs to be a way of getting back to the previous screen, as you described.  The whole process of doing anything in Navigatr is just so much more laborious, and doesn't even make logical sense, a lot of the time.