UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

I just got the Navigator upgrade, and I've lost the ability to watch anything on demand and use shomi.  I called in for support, but the recommended fix didn't resolve the problem, so I was told to wait a few days while they fix the problem.  At least I haven't lost any of my previously recorded shows.

I'll be calling back in to request a credit for the service I can't use.

I suppose I should be thankful, as last time I received a navigator upgrade, my pvr was completely unusable until I went to store to swap it out for a new one.

Still, two upgrades, two screw ups.  Not a good track record. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Got the "downgrade" 2 nights ago. My box keeps downloading new updates every few hours...maybe 4 or 5 times a day. Also, I have to keep unplugging from the outlet to turn it on and off...not every time...maybe every 3rd time...also did a major update last night during prime time....4th update yesterday! Anyone else experiencing these problems?
I Plan to Stick Around

Got the new "Update". Since the update I now get a "No Signal" blue screen on the TV.

If I screw with it enough ( reboot box , turn TV on and off, change input and then put it back etc) eventually I can get to watch TV . 

Seriously don't they EVER test this stuff?????? Unbelievable.

I'm a Senior Contributor

I Plan to Stick Around

so here goes nothing i have the nextbox cable box and now have started the process i guess of having problems again as it seems that the new navigator  seems to be worse than the original navigator.  i have for the second day in a row rebooted my box and in the morning the box is stuck on one channel and the remote doesnt do anything to change it. if i reboot this box the remote and system will work perfect.  i have a complaint and a fix.  why is it that i am rebooting my box every morning and if it going to get this bad i think rogers should build into the front panel a reboot button so that people that have limited abilities like myself can reboot easily OH I FORGOT I WAS TOLD I COULD REBOOT ON MY ROGERS SITE SO I ACCESSED THE REBOOT AREA AND SENT A REBOOT TO ALL MY BOXES.   NONE OF THE BOXES HAVE BEEN REBOOTED AND IF IM NOT MISTAKEN IT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED WITHIN 30 MINUTES...   SO LIKE I SAID EARLIER MAYBE A REBOOT BUTTON ON THE FRONT AREA OF THE NEXTBOX WOULD BE EASIER ON EVERYONE.

I've Been Around

Similar problems.  PVR not turning on (or 40 button presses later).  Also, box rebooting.  Nextbox 3.

Not all is bad, however, and the laundry list is getting shorter.  As others have mentioned, what channel # is a recording set for?  Also, the old style breakdown of recordings -- scheduled recordings on one page and ready-to-watch recordings on another -- worked.  The new style where scheduled recordings are at the bottom and recorded above is fine... until one starts to look for series recordings where recorded/to-be-recorded are somewhere in the mix... but why make the user scroll/search for scheduled recordings in this random fashion?  Also, on made-recordings, what time and what channel was it recorded?  It presently gives only date/ station name... but sometimes we want more info.  While I'm at it (in case a Roger's employee reads any of these posts... it saves a CSR getting a phone call if they do read it), when I set a recording, I don't need a white banner on the screen for 3 or 4 seconds to tell me it's set.  1 second would be plenty.  After that, I'm ready to move on.

While this list isn't comprehensive and the product still isn't ready for primetime, it is generally faster and better... but not quite there.  If the box simply turned on when power-on was pressed, that would be a good start.

I Plan to Stick Around

i think its great that rogers is trying to keep up with the jones' but maybe its futile as every time you introduce new it seems to only to screw up the service to your customers.  i have for the third day in a row only been able to watch one channel and i am hoping that rogers is going to be reimbursing all of the people who have lost their service due to the new upgrading being done

I Plan to Stick Around

Is that in settings on the Nexbox?
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: laundry list 

Not sure if this was mentioned but the length of time of the recording would be a help.

(And for search results the channel the program is playing on would be of great value

I'm a Senior Contributor

Hi

I don't know who is replying to what but if you are asking me about the "INPUT" I always use my television's remote. I would not be able to access settings (on the BOX) if the input was wrong.