UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@57 wrote:

After pressing "List", you can see your list of recordings. If you page down to the bottom of the list, you will see your scheduled recordings (recordings that are scheduled for the next 6 days, as well as scheduled recordings that do not air in the next 6 days that may be "left over" from some time ago).  This is usually faster than using the "filter - C" to switch.  Plus if you use the filter to see scheduled recordings, you won't see your scheduled recordings that do not air in the next 6 days (0-Recordings, 0-Scheduled Recordings)...

ahh...I thought I had read that somewhere and when I tried it all that was at the bottom of the screen was 4 empty folders (!), but I see now that I "paged down" too far

I Plan to Stick Around

That's a little ironic coming from someone who has only had Navigatr for 24 hours and suggest that most of the people on this list are R2C. Part of the discussion also involves what features were taken away and it is helpful to have perspective which @OLDYELLR has provided.

Cheers

I'm an Advisor

That's a little ironic coming from someone who has only had Navigatr for 24 hours and suggest that most of the people on this list are R2C. Part of the discussion also involves what features were taken away and it is helpful to have perspective which @OLDYELLR has provided.

Cheers

Ditto !

I Plan to Stick Around

Feb 2, 2016......Navigatr is attempting to be installed on my owned 8642HD.  It is cycling with HX:XX counting down on the display.  The thing is its been doing this for about 3 hours now.  I have called tech support and they told me everything looks good on their end and I should call back if it doesnt resolve itself after 5 hours.

Any other feedback from 8642 users?

Thanks,

I Plan to Stick Around

Ugh.  I've just joined the ranks of the unfortunate that have received this dreadful new interface.  I echo the frustration of many in that we have had this "new and improved" interface thrust upon us with no option to opt out or revert back to something that worked so much better.  The lost functionality, bugs, poor display of information, poor use of availabile real estate and on and on.  I've been a Rogers customer for over 30 years.  I'm near the end of my rope.  It's time to look at what the service is like from the competition.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Since you are a user and not R2C, perhaps you could educate us on why you think this new software is better.  Where the functionality is better, the useability, etc.   Unless of course you were being sarcastic all along; that kind of thing isn't readily obvious in printed words.

I Plan to Stick Around

There is nothing wrong with the new Navigatr, it works fine. Yes things have chaanged on the menus, but the worlds not coming to an end. Quit being so negative and learn how to use it .

I Plan to Stick Around

@jbulach wrote:

There is nothing wrong with the new Navigatr, it works fine. Yes things have chaanged on the menus, but the worlds not coming to an end. Quit being so negative and learn how to use it.

I've got 2 NBs and have been using versions 1 and 2. its useable for me but there a few annoying bugs that should have been sorted by now. There are others that have significant problems and shouldn't be dissed as malcontents. Just saying. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Many people have documented how it does NOT "work fine".  And have noted the many losses in functionality and useability.  You are apparently not able to refute any of these observations, just insult the people who made them?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Everyone, lets please keep this CIVIL here and not resort to name calling/insulting back and forth.

There are obvious complaints on the new box.    People are valid and allowed to have those complaints and not like them.

Just the same, other users are allowed to be OK with it and/or like it.

Every user is different.  For someone who does not use some of the functions which are more of the problem, the new interface may be just fine for them.

Rembmer, everyone is allowed to have a different viewpoint.