UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Now we have the new & improved remote. NOT! I have two, neither one works on RF? Or do I have to rent something?  Your whole company is a disgrace!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@GKW1:

Here's the link for the RF Remote thread.  Proper procedures should get it working with compatible STBs.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

I'm an Advisor

@57 wrote:

@park wrote:

The guide on one of my nb3s got stuck on showing favourites only.

Happened 2 days in a row. Had to reboot to get it working properly.  

When you say it got "stuck", did you try repeatedly pressing the guide button?  That usually cycles between favourites and all your channels.

Yes I did. Seems to be ok now.

Those for the query, Mr real fixerupper.

BTW tried to reply late last week, but the forum seemed be broken and gave out a weird error msg. I tried on a couple machines,but did the same thing.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I've had a problem with getting into this site also.
In any case, I am forever getting caught in the guides "favorite freeze". The easiest and quickest way I have found to get out of it is:

-exit guide
-change TV channel (I go to ch. 3)
-press guide again and everything is back to normal.

No need to reboot.

I'm an Advisor

@jays77 wrote:

I've had a problem with getting into this site also.
In any case, I am forever getting caught in the guides "favorite freeze". The easiest and quickest way I have found to get out of it is:

-exit guide
-change TV channel (I go to ch. 3)
-press guide again and everything is back to normal.

No need to reboot.

Thx. 

Unfortunately Rogers may never fix this, since a few of us now know about this workaround !

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Anyone else experienced this issue?

Program shows in Guide as 60 minutes. Recording (series) is set to start on time and record +15 minutes. Previous recordings in the series worked perfectly. This week the Nextbox apparently decided that the last 15 minutes weren't worth watching and terminated the recording after precisely 45 minutes (lenght of show -15 instead of +15?) . And of course the show is not available on demand.

I'm Here A Lot

JonBoy49, I haven't experienced that issue, but I encountered another new one. When trying to access my scheduled series recordings, I could only access my "scheduled" episodes, not the actual recorded episodes I wanted to watch. I had to reboot to get it working again.

I've Been Around

With the old system I would set a hockey game, football game, the Oscars or some other one off event, to record knowing that I was busy during the beginning of the program. Later I would start watching during recording and fast forward through commercials, or slow parts until caught up with live tv. With the new Navigator interface, the recorded program doesn't show up until it is done recording. You can only watch a recording in progress if it is a scheduled series and you already have a recorded icon for that show. This leaves a huge loop hole for special events or programs that don't have any recordings yet. I couldn't watch the Super Bowl or the Olympics events I recorded until it was done. This was previously a big reason to have PVR capability. A very large deficiency compared to Bell. Is there a solution?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Grahammer wrote:

With the old system I would set a hockey game, football game, the Oscars or some other one off event, to record knowing that I was busy during the beginning of the program. Later I would start watching during recording and fast forward through commercials, or slow parts until caught up with live tv. With the new Navigator interface, the recorded program doesn't show up until it is done recording. You can only watch a recording in progress if it is a scheduled series and you already have a recorded icon for that show. This leaves a huge loop hole for special events or programs that don't have any recordings yet. I couldn't watch the Super Bowl or the Olympics events I recorded until it was done. This was previously a big reason to have PVR capability. A very large deficiency compared to Bell. Is there a solution?

This is simply not true. Somewhere in your list is a tile for the single recording (usually it's very close to the top of the list, if not the first item on the list, asssuming sort by date) and you should be able to select it and watch it while it's still recording. I do this all the time for F1 weekends.  If this is not the case for you, do a reboot when you aren't recording and it should show properly the next time.

This assumes you're not on WHPVR. If you have WHPVR, you may only be able to watch from the box that is doing the recording.  I'm not sure since I don't have WHPVR.

As far as series recordings are concerned, you don't need to have a previous recording, you can go to any series tile and select the scheduled recording tab and view the recording when it's still recording. Again, assuming no WHPVR (Whole Home PVR).  If you want, you can schedule any single event as a series, go to it to watch it (since it shows more information, like the date/time/channel name). When you're done watching the single recording, delete the series.  This latter item is a tip for those who get mixed up in their list when scheduling single recordings.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well, now that the Olympics are here, Navigatr is being shown up up for the abomination that it is.  All the the recordings have the same icon, and I am faced with about 5 rows of them, with no way of knowing which is which until opening it.  And I lose my way in the tiles every time I return to them.

I have no idea where the recorded recordings end, and the scheduled recordings begin, with individual recordings or series recordings.  They should all have been recorded as series, in order to have more info after the first click opening the tile, but this is a workaround, so does not excuse the problem with individual recordings.

And recording everything as a series still produces row upon row of tiles, since the pvr does not recognise a series if the name changes.....which it does since every timeslot, with different sports.

Yes, one can use the more readable lists in Rogers Anyplace Home Edition, but that app keeps freezing on me, so very unreliable, and in case, just a workaround, so not a permanent solution.

It is just horrible, and there is no sign of improvement in spite of earlier promises on this forum.

I have said I will cancel my service before, and simply have been too busy to deal with that, but that day will be here soon. I don't even care if the alternative costs more, since I hate paying this company that has totally left its cable customers in the lurch.