UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Posts: 519

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@mfait wrote:

Any one else get this survey:

2016-04-24_21-07-10.jpg

Lot's of questions about Navigator, and how you like it compared to previus guide.



Nope!

 

I get many emails from Rogers

- Your Special Guide to Rogers Ignite Gigabit Internet

- There's never been a better time to get a Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 edge

- Upgrade to a New Phone with the Rogers Hardware Upgrade Program

- Watch the Stanley Cup Playoffs with Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE

- Watch the Toronto Blue Jays? While on the Go

 

I have not received anything useful from Rogers so far.  Perhaps Margaret's update on the litany of problems, but that is about it.

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 73

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@mfait wrote:

Any one else get this survey:

2016-04-24_21-07-10.jpg

Lot's of questions about Navigator, and how you like it compared to previus guide.


Be careful.  Looks like a scam.

I'm a Reliable Contributor
Posts: 102

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@mfait wrote:

Any one else get this survey:

2016-04-24_21-07-10.jpg

Lot's of questions about Navigator, and how you like it compared to previus guide.


Yes - I received it and took HUGE pleasure in filling it out yesterday.

I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 3,547

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Is this a survey concerning "The New Guide" I read about elsewhere?

 

If so, it would be interesting to know whether only certain Rogers customers received it (e.g. customers with Navigatr) or random customers. I didn't receive it. From what I read elsewhere, it may have been for general cable box customers, not just PVR customers.  Does anyone have examples of the questions?


SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Reliable Contributor
Posts: 102

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@OLDYELLR wrote:

Is this a survey concerning "The New Guide" I read about elsewhere?

 

If so, it would be interesting to know whether only certain Rogers customers received it (e.g. customers with Navigatr) or random customers. I didn't receive it. From what I read elsewhere, it may have been for general cable box customers, not just PVR customers.  Does anyone have examples of the questions?


It was pretty standard stuff.

 

Started with an "Are you aware of these new features" thing and then if you said you were there were individual questions about the features. "The new xxxx is a significant improvement over the old system" and then a Strongly Disagree ----- Strongly Agree type scale.
It ended with a free-form invitation top enter any outstanding issues/faults with the new software. I more than filled that box.

 

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 16

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

No offers are relevant. Rogers has messed up the DVR / PVR menu. 1/ The View choice is either all programs or Scheduled programs. 2/  Programs that were previously scheduled and are no loner available stay on the list as poster icons and have to be deleted one by one.. 3/ Search options have been eliminated. You can NOT refine search to only HD and NO on demand. Looks like Rogers is pushing On demand sales at the customer experience expense, - There go ROGERS does not care about customer satisfaction. 3/ Allow customer to choose to see Text or Poster view. The POSTERS obscure the title when you highlight a poster. 3 / When using DVR and you choose a program to view It is difficult to determine what channel and time it was recorded and there is very little about the CAST and program. 4/ SEARCH cannot be refined. The new menu should have been a improvement to service. It is NOT.

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 24

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Where is my survey!??! I'd like to fill it out before I move ALL my services to bell!

I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 3,547

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@jball1 wrote:

 

 2/  Programs that were previously scheduled and are no loner available stay on the list as poster icons and have to be deleted one by one..

 

3 / When using DVR and you choose a program to view It is difficult to determine what channel and time it was recorded


I don't have Navigar and can't comment on all of what you state, but the above two problems I've quoted are not exclusive to Navigatr and have always been there. 

 

2/ With SARA, my scheduled recordings stay there forever when a show skips a week or goes on hiatus. They even have a description that's identical to the last one I watched, except they're not there when I check the Guide. I'll delete them if I know the show is not coming back, but I leave them when it's on hiatus so I won't miss and episode when it returns.

 

3/ Yes, that's a very annoying problem. I can only see the channel numbers for scheduled recordings, but not shows that have already been recorded. There's no excuse for that, but it looks like a flaw that's been carried over from the beginning.


SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 73

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@OLDYELLR wrote:

@jball1 wrote:

 

 2/  Programs that were previously scheduled and are no loner available stay on the list as poster icons and have to be deleted one by one..

 

3 / When using DVR and you choose a program to view It is difficult to determine what channel and time it was recorded


I don't have Navigar and can't comment on all of what you state, but the above two problems I've quoted are not exclusive to Navigatr and have always been there. 

 

2/ With SARA, my scheduled recordings stay there forever when a show skips a week or goes on hiatus. They even have a description that's identical to the last one I watched, except they're not there when I check the Guide. I'll delete them if I know the show is not coming back, but I leave them when it's on hiatus so I won't miss and episode when it returns.

 

3/ Yes, that's a very annoying problem. I can only see the channel numbers for scheduled recordings, but not shows that have already been recorded. There's no excuse for that, but it looks like a flaw that's been carried over from the beginning.


Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying about a flaw carried over from before, but with the Nextbox 3 software prior to Navigatr, it was always possible to see the channel, name of show, date, time and length of the recording all together in one line in the list view. 

This is the information that one requires to stay organised, and  Navigatr feels very disorganised without all the information available at a glance. In fact, Navigatr does not show all this information for single recordings at all.  As a workaround, you have to record every recording as a series, because then you can get the information you need when you click on the box for the show.  But it's a lot of extra steps, compared to before.  Certainly a loss of function, not an improvement.

I'm Here A Lot
Posts: 7

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

I agree. There are many more steps compared to the old system. My machine also lags so it is very frustrating to use.