UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

If its a series.. there still should be SOMETHING for it.  Try scrolling down to the bottom of the list.. should be a 'zombie' type tile for it towards the bottom.  Nothing scheduled, nothing recorded.  May just be grey box with the series title on it.

Go into that, then there should be the option on the right side to delete it..

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Steelheader wrote:

@Gdkitty wrote:

it should be stickeyed at the top of the page

Where? (sorry can't see where and how). Should also be titled somehow to guide posters

When you frst come to the TV section.. there should be all these threads LOCKED and STIKEYD/PINNED to the top of the forums.. you have to scroll past these to get to the 'active' threads.
For me, shows as the TOP / First one.

As for the title.. this is what i was asked to label it by the MODS.. so sort of out of my control.

I've Been Here Awhile

Done. Thanks.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Steelheader wrote:

@Gdkitty wrote:

it should be stickeyed at the top of the page

Where? (sorry can't see where and how). Should also be titled somehow to guide posters

Near the bottom of this web page should be a link labelled "Message Listing". Click on it. If it doesn't take you to "page 1", click on the page 1 link near the top or bottom of the web page.  There you'll see the "stickies" as well as the most recent posts on various topics.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@NetUser20 wrote:

In the old system it would indicate the channel that you recorded on.

1. In the old system you were able to at a glance see your recordings and the date they were recorded, description of the program.

I’m not saying that I would have been able to design a better system but WHY!! Take out key features that you presented in the last update that were enriching the viewing experience???

When you have been able to enjoy "the experience" a little longer, you'll see that a 3 year old could have done a _FAR_ better job (IMO).

QUOTE: "We’ve updated the look and feel of the guide and made it easier and more intuitive to use. We’ve also included new features and updates to others like the mini-guide, info screen, PVR, a new search engine, and more that we know you’ll love."

Is this a Rogers Web page or another company?

Smiley Wink 

IMO there is A HUGE and PATHOLOGICAL DISCONNECT and DENIAL streak - maybe they'll disconnect our invoices.....

Seriously though, I have had this DISASTER / MESS since December 18th, 2015. (An early Holiday gift - which has kept on giving....) It is hopeless. And you may find that regardless of what you want to write about, (I.E. start a new topic) it will inevidably end up in this bloated thread -> being very similar to the search results (having nothing to do with the search terms)).

THIS IS ON TOPIC - MANY users' posts here are VERY helpful and should be visible and clear - NOT buried!!!! (The disorganization does the posts no justice. (IMO the posts are being treated like we are - with DISRESPECT)).

This thread is a MASSIVE MESS of REALLY GOOD time-consuming posts by people who are trying to help but end up being buried under whatever posts were before it - IMO Rogers does NOT CARE about its customers does NOT CARE about the impact of their endless fact_challanged advertisements; and certainly does NOT CARE about peoples' time (both in writing comments about possible improvements <no limit> nor about the time taken by us trying to access / a video; multiple clicks to get to a video that is right next to where one is (The scenic route rather than the direct route) and the TIME-CONSUMING ardous reboots which are too much for the NBs (3) etc. and apparently too much for their servers (which the error are always blaming.)

QUOTE: "The new system offers less information on your recordings."

NO INFORMATION - Just an UNrelated <or BARELY RELATED> picture which disappears the older the recording is:

I.e. the longer it's been in your PVR recordings...... The less likely it will be "decorated" with a NON-DESCTIPTIVE IMAGE.)

QUOTE: "The new system considers ALL recordings as "new" shows. In the old system you were able to tell at a glance which episodes were new or old."

At least one has some idea of whether the video was recorded a while ago or very recently. (Using the *new and improved* HIGH-TECH method of IMAGE or NO IMAGE)

Another fine "improvement" I benefit greatly from is due to the erratic length of time the recording runs:

RARELY does it cease after@ the credits have played (or even the movie or show has finished) And yes I know I have an option of adding 5 minutes but since there seem to serious problems in calculating the amount of space left on the PVR disks, 5 minutes per recording adds up - 12 movies @ 5 minutes overtime for each means 1 hour! (5 X 12)

The 5 minute option (despite saving it for one individual movie) did not happen!

ONE MORE COMMENT about "the Experience": When I have the usual 4 to 7 copies of the same movie recorded to check afterwards (to see which (if any) got to the VERY end), IT IS VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE to compare them.

Aside from the cursor defaulting back to 1,1 (top, left box), I cannot keep track of which one I was just on; and furthermore, when one hits "stop", it does not stay on the movie but goes immediately back to the "resume | restart | delete screen with the DATE (only - not the time) at the top right!

No I think a TWO-YEAR old could have done _FAR_ better

QUOTE: "In the new system you have to enter the individual recording... Is there a list option?"

NOPE!

JUST MY INFORMED OPINION! FROM a former CABLE-ENJOYER!

P.S. since I cannot enter my own text within a quote, I have bolded the quote.

P.S. QUOTE: "When deleting a recorded program the cursor is defaulted on (Yes), which can lead to an unwanted deletion. On the old system it defaulted to (No), so it was not an issue."

Similar to any pay-for-view video and ordering channels one does not subscribe to nor want!.

Thank you!

I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

Near the bottom of this web page should be a link labelled "Message Listing". Click on it. If it doesn't take you to "page 1", click on the page 1 link near the top or bottom of the web page.  There you'll see the "stickies" as well as the most recent posts on various topics.

I'm sorry, but "Message Listing" only takes you to the first page of a forum about half the time. The rest of the time it takes to some page that's weeks old. Just another bug in this board that hasn't yet been fixed. It's far more reliable to click the forum you want in the navigation panel on the right, or Ctrl-Home to the top and click it there.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Don't see the day of the week (Mon, Tues...) or the channel number for recordings...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@njd wrote:

Don't see the day of the week (Mon, Tues...) or the channel number for recordings...

Yup (unfortunately).  has the DATE but not the specific day.  (something people are asking for)

Has the channel name CTVHD, etc.. but not the channel number.  (again, something people are asking for.. while the channel is a great identifier, more unique at a glance than the channel number per say.. MANY people remember them by channel number)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@njd wrote:

You will if you click on the tile if it's a series recording and scroll to the recording of interest. The channel ID will be there and the channel number will be displayed if you start watching the series recording.  If it's a single recording, you'll need to start playing the recording to get this information.  You could also utilize the AnyPlace Web interface or App which has the information in the list format we saw on RTN Firmware.

See also:

How To Navigatr:  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

Issues List:  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

Summary/Tips:  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

If you spend a few minutes reading these links, it'll save you hours of frustration and questions.

I Plan to Stick Around

Shouldn't have to start watching it to see the channel number. Not good enough.