UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@jays77 wrote:

I have just about given up complaining about the cumbersome functionality of Navigatr . I do hope that there is an improvement upgrade in the works and available soon. (I'm an optimist)   But .... Please, Please, make the addition of the time and channel information available in scheduled recordings.

Currently the only way to tell time and channel is to look for the little red dots across 800+ channels over the next  7 days.

If you can't do it in the scheduled recordings list, how about an option in the guide to show only scheduled recordings (preferably do it in way that gets as many on the screen at one time).

I'm an Advisor

@BS RE NCIS recording:

Do you set the series to record 'all', 'any time-slot', 'any day' ?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@BS wrote:

When she looked at the box this weekend, she said, "Hey, the pictures are pretty".  We then showed her how ackward it remains to do anything with those "pretty picture", and she said, why not a choice for tiles or a list..

Bruce

This is such a no-brainer option that I'm amazed something like that hasn't been there from the beginning. We all remember some years ago when Rogers introduced a new screen with all kinds of fancy functions that came up when you pressed the Guide button. You had to press Guide a second time to actually see the guide. Customers were outraged (but not as much as they are now over Navigatr). Rogers listened and gave us the option to configure the Guide button to show the guide first and the fancy page after a second press.  Granted, there are many other flaws in Navigatr, but I'm sure introducing a tile/list option would do a lot to keep customers fleeing to the competition.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

@park  We have typically set them as New, same channel, same time, same day - It was all my Tuesday shows that were originally recorded on Channel 5 HDCBS.

The show was on a three week hiatus, came back same times, same day, same channel.

I have used the other recording setup as you described, and had more success, but just had to go in a delete extra's.  At one point I was using global, due to the football games on CBS, not sure what they were set on - the zombie scheduled recordings - "I love that term - who ever came up with it, they have died, to arise again, maybe, and sometimes in ways you would never expect." - unfortunately provide no information, so no way to know what they were recorded as.

At the moment, I scheduled them as HD CBS - just arbitrary - could have just as easily chosen GBL HD - Channel 3 or 5, don't know if the box pushes it up to the higher channels?

The GBL HD scheduled shows fall at the same time as CBS HD, but do they do the subswitch on these two networks?

Are you thinking something that may be helpful.

For now, I am just working around it - I have actually had to reset all of the Tuesday recordings, some on different networks.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

@OLDYELLR - list/tiles options - I had forgotten about that switch of the guide way back when, do remember when they brought out the change - I had just got used to hitting guide twice - if this one was only that simple, then I remember the option and I never went back.

Question, is can Espial do it, or do they even want to and can Rogers get them to do it if they want to easily satisfy their customers.  This one change would go such a long way to prove that they are truly listening, and just not being selective in their listening to only major bugs that compromise the ability to even use the box, or are not in compliance with CRTC and AODA re Fonts and backgrounds.

Bruce

I've Been Here Awhile

After I received the Navigatr update the output video had frame drops every 2 minutes or so. By frame drops, I mean that it looks as though my video freezes for half a second and then gets going again.

After a box swap and having a technician come in, I finally figured out that it was the IR extender that I had connected to the box.

Prior to the Navigatr update using the box with an IR extender was fine.

With this new box, after I did a swap, whenever the IR extender is plugged I saw the same frame drops or sometimes even worse such as a prolonged black screen after a channel change. Once I unplug the extender though eventually it's fine.

Anyone else have an IR extender that is experiencing this problem? Will Rogers file this as a bug that will eventually get resolved?

I Plan to Stick Around

Adrian92

I have also had and reported this issue but have nothing attached to my PVR. I have reported it and have a ticket on it. However I only experience it 2 or 3 times in each playback. I referred to it as a "fluttering" in my ticket. Didn't know what to call it. 

I've Been Here Awhile

viewing show that is partly recorded on pvr

I've Been Here Awhile

I like to record shows on my pvr.  Sometimes I want to begin to view when its only half recorded but I can't seem to do that with the new format.  I had no trouble with this the way it was before.  I also find the guide more difficult to see.  The print is lighter and also the length of show is no longer shown.  Can i return to the old guide?

I've Been Around

I am less than impressed with the new Navigatr system after being "upgraded" a couple of weeks ago.  Things I would like to see changed are:

1) Get rid of the large pictures for all my recordings.  I can read!  Give me a list or at a least an option to view it as a list.  These large pictures take up way too much real estate on the screen.

2) Who in their right mind would design a system where you are deleting programs in a particular section of programs (say a MASH series) and everytime you delete you are taking to the very top of the list of all recording rather than leaving you in that section!!!

3) The lag times are incredible with the new system.  It is not uncommon to wait 5 seconds after selecting something for it to action on it.  Maybe dropping the large pictures (see #1) would improve the peformance.

4) When selecting to record a program, primarily due to the lag time, you can inadverntantly turn off the recording before you leave the selection (which is needlessly complicated as well).

I would like the option to downgrade my system to the previous one until proper testing is done on the new system.