UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
collinsg
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Look this thread started to find out how to see your scheduled series in the future beyond seven days. It's not to slam Rogers or Navigatr. I would like to hear from Rogers, whether they plan to bring this feature back. Nothing is perfect, but I think this should be reinstated as a minimum.
collinsg
I Plan to Stick Around

My whole issue is that there is no way to see previously scheduled series anymore, such as, series scheduled months ago that were for only NEW episodes. These are still in the system, but are not visible as on the previous software
neilpalmer400
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@collinsg wrote:
My whole issue is that there is no way to see previously scheduled series anymore, such as, series scheduled months ago that were for only NEW episodes. These are still in the system, but are not visible as on the previous software

That is one of the MANY lost or broken features in Navigatr that many here have been complaining about since the first disastrous rollout of Navigatr at the end of July.,  Rogers ABSOLUTELY REFUSES to tell their customers ANYTHING about what bugs will or won't be fixed and what missing/dropped features will or won't be added back to Navigatr.  You may as well talk to a brick wall, because all you'll get from Rogers on this is absolute silence.  They are either unwilling or incapable of giving their paying customers a straight answer.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@collinsg wrote:
Look this thread started to find out how to see your scheduled series in the future beyond seven days. It's not to slam Rogers or Navigatr. I would like to hear from Rogers, whether they plan to bring this feature back. Nothing is perfect, but I think this should be reinstated as a minimum.

Actually this thread is something Rogers created by selecting posts from the original Navigatr thread after the last major update that was rolled out to a smaller group than before. Posts have been edited for derogatory content after Navigatr was again criticized in mainstream media and other Internet forums. Even if you had started a separate new thread, the mods would have moved your post here to keep all the Updated Navigatr complaints together.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@collinsg wrote:

You have a very legitimate complaint. Let's hope Rogers is reading these posts carefully and relaying the suggestions from you beta testers back to the programmers.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
r_davey
I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersMargaret wrote:

Hi Community,

On December 15, 2015, I let everyone know that we had started to roll out the updated Navigatr guide.  Take a look here for that post. 

As we continue to roll out the update, customers will be notified ahead of time that they will be getting the new software.

If you have received the updated Navigatr software (i.e. since December 15, 2015) and would like to ask a question and/or share your findings/learnings, please do so in THIS THREAD.  

As always, the Community Guidelines and Terms of Use apply.

Thanks very much for keeping the community a pleasant place to be!

~RogersMargaret

You state above that we will be notified ahead of time about the pending update and  that leads to wonder why???  leaving me with the following questions:

1.  Is this because there is now some way to decline the update as was suggested back in August during the first attempted rollout?

2.  If the answer to one is no,  will unplugging the device work like painting our door frames with blood so the Great Update Plague will pass us over?  Or will the next powerup simply force an update on us?

3.  If not 1 or 2 is it so that we will have an opportunity to switch over to Bell Fibe TV before we're infected?

4.  And the big question, Will the advance update notification really happen and if so ,  How?  Email?

Thanks so much for your answers,

Robin 

Ottawa, ON

KWoo
I Plan to Stick Around

To the Moderators.....

I just received a text advising I'll be getting improvements to my Navigatr "very soon". I'd like a more definitive date so I can manage existing recordings in case everything is wiped out with the change.

How can I confirm the actual date of delivery?

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Community,

Starting tomorrow, we’ll be rolling out the new Navigatr software to all NextBox cable customers in communities surrounding Toronto – Newmarket, Aurora, Bradford, Ajax, Oshawa, Bowmanville, Oshawa, Whitby, Brampton, and Mississauga. 

We’ll keep you posted on upcoming Navigatr updates to the rest of our cable footprint, in addition to notifications customers will be getting by mail, email and text. 

derekg66
I Plan to Stick Around

How about Markham?