UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager (Retired) RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Community,

On December 15, 2015, I let everyone know that we had started to roll out the updated Navigatr guide.  Take a look here for that post. 

As we continue to roll out the update, customers will be notified ahead of time that they will be getting the new software.

If you have received the updated Navigatr software (i.e. since December 15, 2015) and would like to ask a question and/or share your findings/learnings, please do so in THIS THREAD.  

As always, the Community Guidelines and Terms of Use apply.

Thanks very much for keeping the community a pleasant place to be!

~RogersMargaret

I Plan to Stick Around

Brampton 10am.

Turned on THE PVR this morning and it went into REBOOT! 

First reboot of the day, did this 7 times yesterday.

When this reboot copleted we got the WELCOME TO YOUR NEW  NAVIGATR screen!

Pushed through all the propaganda  about the second coming of NAVIGATR, and discovered

all our recordings had been erased! Many hours all lost!

Will test PVR today and see if has stopped continually  rebooting.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well a further development  to my previous posting!

My PVR functioned  for 30 minutes, and rebooted.

This time it took off to reboot heaven!

It never returned, After trying all the known tricks to

Bring it back to life, I decided it was time to visit the local

ROGERS  store.

They were very efficient and placed me in the line up for 

Attention.  There were 4 others in line clutching NB3s, all had

Similar stories. 

I asked the guy who served me if they had many returns, and he

Raised his eyes in a way that conveyed everything

He confirmed  that things are going to happen in January. 

I never received  any warnings that anything  was about happen, 

Just the usual total silence from Rogers.

The replacement  box has functioned for about 30 min so far.

Just to confirm we lost everything, back down to zero recordings.

I Plan to Stick Around

so i just got the jan 2016 roll out of navigator and find some serious inconvienances...

i liked it when i pressed guide or favs and got either guide or favs depending on the button AND when i pressed it again (either guide or favs) I got the  other one. in other words i could toggle to guide or favs by simply pressing a second time on the button.

now favs is the defaults in either guide or favs and to get to something else i have to go to C button and select filter channel option to get a 1 time choice of  subscribed. once i get back to the tv screen, guide shows subscribed. but if u dare go to favs again, then guide the guide screen redefaults to the fav from subscribed arrgh

I Plan to Stick Around

I discovered a kludge to the fav/subscribe channels view problem! That is to not use the fav button at all. Just set your guide to subscribe and then when ever u use guide, subscribe chs will come up AND if u press guide again u get your fav chs. so u can toggle back and forth between subscribe and fav channels using guide button.

BUT if u ever touch the fav button again, the ability to toggle in guide diasppears.... and will need to be reset

Ill be making an instructional video on this shortly 8>)

I Plan to Stick Around

and just as I was settling in to living with the new UI, and watching a recorded program, all remote controls except TV power freeze.  Nada, nothing, no buttons have any effect, (and I have 2 remotes and neither have any effect....). when the recording ends the picture freezes....

Have to turn cable box off by hand using power button, no effect, have to unplug for a reboot...

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

and now the reboot has fixed the problem with the guide toggle and the fav toggle, as far as I can tell...Smiley Frustrated

I Plan to Stick Around

and now the 2am software update and the guide/fav toggle is no longer there in either guide or fav, and both default to fav. this is my this is my last post on the topic. goodbye

I've Been Here Awhile

Navigator is now installed.  Now I can only power up the box by rebooting it.  Also the last 2 nights I have set it to tape shows and both nights it has recorded one on NBC and continued to tape this channel until until someone has rebooted the system in the morning.  During this time it has NOT recorded any other programs.  Anyone else having this issue?  Tonight I won't be taping shows on NBC. These are only the most serious issues, there are too many to list

I've Been Here Awhile

The guide marks the shows I have set up to record with red dots as it should. Both times I had 2 or 3 shows set to tape on the same channel one after the other. It tapes as 8+ hours of the first show.