UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

The search is just a method for ROGERS to try and get customers to buy PPV (Paid Per View) The old menu you could opt out of PPV on search. The new search highligths VOD (Video On Demand) and most of the VDO you click on is PPV. Everything they do to Cable customers is to generate more capital to buy sprots teams and build arenas, NOT to provide better cusomer expierience.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@jball1 wrote:

The search is just a method for ROGERS to try and get customers to buy PPV (Paid Per View) The old menu you could opt out of PPV on search. The new search highligths VOD (Video On Demand) and most of the VDO you click on is PPV. Everything they do to Cable customers is to generate more capital to buy sprots teams and build arenas, NOT to provide better cusomer expierience.

And this is different from any other privately owned company in what way?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Of course any company out there.. unless they are a charity (and even then it can be questionable), is there to make money.
So yeah, they will want to promote all options, especially if you are going to spend more.

I do wish that they added the option to remove from the search as well.

But nothing is forcing anyone to buy one.. you dont want to, just pass it by.

I'm an Advisor

Hello @jball1,

I have the same issue and use the Rogers Home Edition app on my iPad to search for programs.  This search is much quicker and omits PPV and VOD results.

I also use this on my Android phone - a bonus: you can set programs to record on your PVRs when away from home.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the tip. Can I use Rogers Home Edition app on my Android Tab?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes it is different. We are paying for a package service , subscription that is offered and there is no mention of harassing you with unwanted solicitation when you make the agreement, That is how it is different.

I'm an Advisor

@jball1 wrote:

Thanks for the tip. Can I use Rogers Home Edition app on my Android Tab?

Hello @jball1,

The Home Edition app is available via the Google Play Store - it should work on your Tab, provided the Android OS is somewhat current. 

I Plan to Stick Around

NAVIGATR records ALWAYS two hours of one hour program

I would be grateful if someone explains to me why NAVIGATR on my NetBox 3 80% of times records next program after the one I selected to record? Even when I go and select new series which I want recorded regularly, my box records it but adds another hour of any program which goes after that. How to stop that. Thank you

I'm an Advisor

EDIT: Before trying to perform a factory reset, try rebooting the Nextbox 3 and modifying your recording settings as per 57's post.  If that doesn't work, try the below.

>>>>

Hello @bbajovic,

This sounds like a software bug - have you tried performing a factory rest on the cable box?

[Remember: All recorded content will be lost if you choose to do this!]

To perform a factory reset:

- Press the Settings button on the remote control.

- Press the Up Arrow, then the OK/Select button (to select "Troubleshooting").

- Press the Right Arrow, then OK/Select.

- Review the message that appears, then press OK/Select to start the factory reset procedure.

When the factory reset is complete, try setting a new recording.  Does the Nextbox 3 still add an extra hour to everything?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bbajovic:

Go into "Settings - Default Recording - Stop". Sounds like the default is currently set for 1 hour after?  This would affect all of the recordings though, not just 80%...

You should go into all of your various settings and menu items to ensure that the PVR is set up the way you want.

If you haven't already, also perform a reboot, when it's not recording. It'll take 5-6 minutes to reboot completely.  A factory reset should not be required until you've tried everything else.