UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Thanks OLDYELLR. As discussed with rgottinger above I was referring to the label when going through recorded programs. 

Cheers.

I'm Here A Lot

Do we have a firm date as to when the promised changes to Navigatr will occur, especially the current awkward closed caption issue? Thanks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dexter394444:

I'm not sure if you're talking about the latest method to turn CC on/off.   See the following link:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

Although it's not "one button", it's only 1-2 clicks more than it was on RTN (the previous firmware).  It works on live, recorded and on-demand programming.

As for when these issues will be resolved, we were told sometime this summer, but that was probably just a guess and we'll get it when we get it.  See the following:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

I'm Here A Lot

Yes, thanks - I was aware of the latest work around. I guess we just wait for real improvement.

I'm Here A Lot

• This new Navigator software is is still HORRIBLE...
  • it exemplifies embarassingly bad judgement by Rogers. on accepting the design, then distributing & promoting it to customers---sometimes you just have to do the right thing and pull the plug and admit it was an entire waste of resources...it's a major failure !!!!!!
  • looks like it was designed by the marketing dept and not the tech dept.
  • it's radically worsened functionality & efficiency of use
  • it's significantly reduced information provided to the user
  • it's excruciatingly slower to use than the prior version...like mollases, especially on the 8642HD PVR's
  • EVERY FUNCTION requires an incredible number of extra clicks by the user than the prior version
  • EVERY display shows less information than the prior version
  • Every efficient use of the prior version has been deleted
  • Despite a pandemic of customer complaints, Rogers has been unable to improve it
  • Now I'm REALLY motivated to call BELL and inquire about their TV system
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hello Rogers... do you have any meaningful feedback on these issues?

Are you listening to your customers at all?

Have you not noticed the surge in your customers "coming back to Bell" ?

I Plan to Stick Around

Mixman1836 sorry for your frustration. Many of us share the sentiments.

Sadly, as you can see by the enormous volume of complaints in this thread over many months, Rogers does not seem to care enough to change or fix (or barely respond here). It is indeed one of the most incredible things in technology and customer service to witness.

Gradually, people will do what's best for themselves and their families at a time that's convenient for them. It'll be interesting to see where that all leads to and how it effects the level of trust people have in Rogers.
I'm Here A Lot

I originally took to social media multiple times and they were very quick to respond, telling me to go to these forums. I am seeing DEFECTS, as simple as not showing the channel you recorded a program on, unresolved! I say we take a stand on social media if we are being ignored here. This is absolutely ridiculous.
I'm Here A Lot

The title of this thread, particularly the date being over 9 months old, shows that we are not being taken seriously.
I'm Here A Lot

It's unbelievable to me that in this age of technology, the new navigatr has done one big step BACKWARDS! It takes up to 10 minutes to simply rewind when watching live TV. I still find the functionality of the navigate very frustrating, even after all these months! Rogers should let us choose to go back to the old system. It was great and did not have all these issues.