UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Happy?? Anniversary !

BTW  The news mix channel works correctly 30 % of the time. Guess that's good enough for Rogers ! 

I Plan to Stick Around

Happy? Anniversary!

We marked July 28th in our household with a moment of silence.  Gone are the days of a reliable guide and user friendly PVR.  Gone are the days when Rogers cared about their customers.  The old interface wasn't perfect, but I'd pay double to have it back!  Sad.

I Plan to Stick Around

They are sqeezing every $ they can out of us. The search is now set to find PVR before any paid for service and yes is sucks.

I Plan to Stick Around

@molly222 wrote:

.., but I'd pay double to have it back!  Sad.

Please don't give them any ideas.

Smiley Wink

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@57 wrote:

New Navigatr Firmware 6.0.3.0106.

I see that I have new firmware on my 9865, version 6.0.3.0106.  It'll be interesting to hear from people regarding what issues were resolved, if any, and perhaps what new issues were introduced with this new firmware.  To see your Firmware (software) version go to Settings, scroll up one to Troubleshooting, scroll to System Information.

As a reminder, here's a link to Rogers' promises regarding various fixes:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

We were told by @RogersMargaret  on 21 April 2016 to continue to provide feedback in the Navigatr thread or to reach out to Gdkitty directly via PM.   She also said she would circle back to this thread to provide any future updates. Can we get an update on what was fixed with Firmware 6.0.3.0106 ?

I don't see much of an improvement since the 21 April 2016 update. I am particularly interested in the Concern/Request for change below.  I would prefer the option of seeing the FULL title, date, channel, time  on the recorded list with the ability to arrange the list alphabetically (all the same programs shown together) or chronologically (from earliest to latest recorded program). 

Concerns / Requests for changes

• LARGE request for a list view to return instead of tiles.  Or give the option for one or the other.
    Also request for a view for ALL scheduled recordings, more in one quick list view as per in RTN.
    Was easier to see date/channel, time, etc upfront.
    • We appreciate the feedback and we are aware that customers have been asking for a text-based (list) view of recordings similar to how it was displayed prior to Navigatr. We’ll be reintroducing this, in addition to the ability to select multiple recordings for deletion in an update this summer.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I was over at the kid's house last weekend and was playing with their old (original) Rogers PVR which still has the old menu system. What a joy it was to see things in simple lists instead of the tiles. The big difference was seeing the PVR react instantly when I pushed a button, instead of the 10-30 second delay I get on my 8642 with the new Navigtr system.

I know Rogers is trying to enhance and patch the new system, wish they would simply give up a go back to the old software. A compromise would be to allow customers to choose the new system or revert back to the old system in settings. My money is that 80-90% would choose the latter.

I read that 160,000 Canadians cut their cable TV last year, going to on line or back to antenna systems. The new Navigtr system is probably responsible for part of that.....

I Plan to Stick Around

I would revert to the old menu in a heartbeat.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Andy007 wrote:

I read that 160,000 Canadians cut their cable TV last year, going to on line or back to antenna systems. The new Navigtr system is probably responsible for part of that.....

I have read somewhere about Rogers having trouble retaining cable subscribers.  Given how many of us detest Navigatr it is no wonder.  Slow button response.  Requires frequent box reboots.  Provides less information than the system it replaced.  This mess will probably be studied in university courses in years to come; how to alienate customers and lose market share.  Nortel was too big to fail, too.

I'm an Advisor

Hello fixeruppers, @RogersMargaret and @Gdkitty

The guide on one of my nb3s got stuck on showing favourites only.

Happened 2 days in a row. Had to reboot to get it working properly.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@park wrote:

The guide on one of my nb3s got stuck on showing favourites only.

Happened 2 days in a row. Had to reboot to get it working properly.  

When you say it got "stuck", did you try repeatedly pressing the guide button?  That usually cycles between favourites and all your channels.