UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@marccram4444 wrote:

Thanks for the reply rgottinger.

So apart from "talking amongst ourselves" here, will the Rogers Monolith notice unrest and make adjustments, or even admit the problems.

And additionally, my guide is slooooooow so, gotta love them ads. Just gonna record honey. 2 secs.

Marc

That basically sums it up. The whole process shows the dangers of hiring 3rd parties to develop applications

Highlighted

This is admittedly not directly related to the thread but in terms of customer satisfaction it is.  

I have just received my FIFTH phone call from "Rogers" in the past FIVE days offering me a discounted package deal. I had previously received two of the same phone calls a few weeks ago.

On the third call (the second one that day) I asked to be put on the do not call list.

On the fourth call I was brusk but not insulting and told the caller I was getting really tired of wasting my time with these calls. They hung up.

Today I told the caller that I would tell them what I told the previous six callers - that I wasn't interested. I also said I was so sick and tired of these calls that if I received any more there was considerable danger that rather than adding more services from Rogers I would be cancelling the ones I had.

I thought the caller might apologize or simply hang up. Instead I was told that "You can't cancel, & then the agent cursed at me. - I confess that I laughed because said in accented English it just sounded funny. However - I don't think it is a message Rogers would normally want their customers to receive.

I've written to Rogers highlighting the sort of people they have representing them company. Like many of you, my opinion of Rogers is currently not that high to begin with having been one of the poor people that were inflicted the Alpha version of the Navigator "upgrade" a year ago. This just dragged it further down.

Anyone else been getting multiple annoying calls with the wonderful offer?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@JonBoy49

We have been getting 2-3 of these calls each week.  Before Rogers messed up (improved) the web site, my marketing preferences were set up to only contact me through e-mail or snail mail.  Now, those preferences seem to be ignored.

I dropped Rogers TV last year because of the Navigatr fiasco, and have told them I would not consider the offer, but they keep calling.

I had not considered reporting this to the CRTC because the National Do Not Call List does not apply when you are a customer.  However, I noticed in a recent news item that the CRTC has fined companies for not maintaining and observing an internal do not call list, so that may be a possibility to get them to stop.  

Highlighted

@roxandtreez wrote:

@JonBoy49

<snip>

I had not considered reporting this to the CRTC because the National Do Not Call List does not apply when you are a customer.  However, I noticed in a recent news item that the CRTC has fined companies for not maintaining and observing an internal do not call list, so that may be a possibility to get them to stop.  

Interesting - like you I had thought that the call lsit would not apply - but it does make sense that the company should have to maintain some control to ensure that customers are not being bombarded as curently appears to be the case.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just in case the moderators thought that all is well with Navigatr, it is NOT ok and Navigatr is as abominable as ever.

This forum has produced zero results from Rogers.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just got the new & improved remote. Don't do it! More steps to do the same thing as the old one, button setup is terrible! They said something about the the great range........Well don't you believe it!!  

Love the comercial......It'll only take two seconds!??!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@User14 wrote:

@User14 wrote:

Another problem to add to the long list of Navigatr faults.

We taped two "Person of Interest" prgrams back to back. The first tile had a picture on the tile that said "Motive" which was not the right program to display. When you scroll over it  however, with the blue square outline, then the text says "Person of Interest" and behind the text you can still faintly see the "Motive" picture. If you select the program the description for the Person of Interest program appears. When you exit and scroll over to the second tile for the "Person of Interest" you see the right text with the "Person of Interest" and also the right tile picture displayed for that program.  Selecting it also give you the right description of the program.  

Just another glitch to let this suffering community know that what you tape may not be displayed by the picture you see on the tile. We certainly hope that when we actually watch the two programs, they are the right ones.

No point calling tech support on this, unless they have it on their white board. Perhaps someone from this community can speculate on why this glitch occurs and hopefully get a credit on your bill.

On an NB3 box. 

I just wanted to let the community know that this glitch is systemic.  It happened again!  We taped two separate "Person of Interest" programs on 24 May 2016. As we all know the channel and time of recordings are not displayed for a single recording,  but I believe the programs were at 9 and 10pm on CTV channel 518 in our area.  The two programs recorded, but another "Person of Interest" was also recorded at 10 pm with the picture of the program "Motive" from BRAVO in the tile. The picture was wrong, but it was the "Person of Interest" program in the description which was recorded. It was also a series recording for 10 pm on CTV as well (HCTVO).  There is another scheduled program for next week 31 May 2016 at 10 pm so I will see if it happens again. 

All this to remind folks you really need to manage what you are recording because you can actually create unintended problems when you try to ensure your program is recorded. We had a series recording and a separate recording of the same program and Navigatr appears to give you this apparent glitch. Hopefully, it will be added to the many Navigatr faults to be resolved in the distance future.  

I find it amazing how much information they have removed from just about all functions in the PVR. And they think this is an improvement? They could bring back the predecessor to NAVIGATR and there would be no loss of functionality and a whole lot of improvements. PVR functions are much more awkward now. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The new remotes definitely have better range if you are using RF .Otherwise no it would still be IR .

Has anyone seen this before I don't know if you can search or not but as an example I was watching HGTV channel 598 today.When I pushed the guide button it came up with the guide looking like I was tuned to channel 601 .I've had this happen before it's totally random but does occur.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The search function is terrible now. If a programme is on different channels, it only shows the first one. If you are searching for a movie, you could get 4 or 5 tiles. I was searching for a movie which I wanted to watch. In the results I got 5 tiles. I have to go to each tile to find out day time and channel. First two tiles were from Rogers on Demand SD and HD (requires payment). Next two tiles were for SuperChannel on Demand SD and HD. And the last one (which is what I wanted) was for the scheduled showing on Superchannel. Sometimes I don't even get any results (even though the programme is showing somewhere). What a piece of garbage. And we have to put up with this.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersMargaret wrote:

@User14 wrote:

Question: If there is a functional problem with Navigator that is identified by the User Community, how does Rogers acknowledge the customer concerns with Navigatr and then address or fix the problem? 

This is primarily a peer-to-peer support community.  However, we do read each and every post.  As I have indicated in a previous post, we are taking the feedback and circulating it to the right people within the company.

@Gdkitty has also done a great job of summarizing the issues from this thread here.  If you have something new to add to the list, I'd suggest reaching out to Gdkitty directly.

When I have updates to share, I will do so either in this thread or in response to Gdkitty's 'issues' thread.

The problems for me have been around since Jan 2016 (earlier for some people). I call Rogers technical support just about every week because I encounter a different problems and I want them to know how much I am dissatisfied. But, over time, I don't see any improvements. It will not be easy to fix the problems because there are so many. It seems to be a design flaw, so anything short of a rewrite or a major fix to the system will not solve the problems. If they use the old system as a template and rewrite NAVIGATR, it would be far superior. I don't understand how NAVIGATR in it's present form made it to the point of release to the customers. Rogers should be ashamed.