UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

No one at all is saying that.

It SHOULD be fixed.

People SHOULD be compensated for it.

Just explaining, that people can not necessarily expect a snap of the fingers instant fix for it either Smiley Sad

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@User14 wrote:

This morning 5 June 2016, I had two "dnLd's"!   I watched TV around 7am for the news, then shut it down. Turned it on a little while later and the first "dnLd" occurred. Great, so I let it run (TV on) and eventually the TV program came on.  Too late to watch what I wanted to watch so I turned it off.  Then when I returned to turn it on again, the second "dnLd" appeared.  This time I just turned it off and left it!   Around noon, I turned it on and it is now working. 

I didn't open a ticket on this, but I wish we could get an explanation from Rogers, or some kind of schedule when the downloads are going to occur.  You can't even watch a recorded program when the "dnLd" is happening.  

FYI. In case someone thinks it is just them, on 7 June 2016, 11:55 am local  I had another "dnLd" on my NB3. 

I have asked Rogers to answer a question about the frequency, type or impacts of software updates. It wasn't a "fix it" request, just a request for feedback.

Does anyone else know why we are getting so many updates recently?

The updates seem to happen only on my NB3 box. I have never seen "dnLd" on the NB2 box display FWIW.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@GKW1 wrote:

So what your saying is they made a mistake & everybody else has to pay for it, so I guess we should all forgive them!??!  NOT!!!!

Nothing of the sort. Just explaining how real life works.

I Plan to Stick Around

In real life, companies that want to keep their customers, listen to their customers.  In real life, reputable companies don't hoist a piece of untested garbage at you...many of us have been Rogers guinea pigs since July 28th when we were first force fed this interface.  Rogers TV customers are declining fast.  I wonder why?

I Plan to Stick Around

OK I've been around for a little while!. This whole new & improved system was never tested! You will never convince me it was! Instant fix!??! 7 months now!! This is just nonsence! Comepensation? What some free movies that nobody wants to watch? (My opinion) Scrap the whole design give us the old system back. May not of been perfect, but this new & improved system is a disgrace! It's also laughable that there advertising this wonderful system still!??! Shame on you! 

I'm a Senior Contributor

@GKW1 wrote:

OK I've been around for a little while!. This whole new & improved system was never tested! You will never convince me it was! Instant fix!??! 7 months now!! This is just nonsence! Comepensation? What some free movies that nobody wants to watch? (My opinion) S . the whole design give us the old system back. May not of been perfect, but this new & improved system is a disgrace! It's also laughable that there advertising this wonderful system still!??! Shame on you! 

I doubt there is anyone (non-Rogers employees anyway) on this forum who disagrees with you. Just make sure you continue to direct your frustration where it belongs - at Rogers - and not at fellow forum contributors. We are all on the same side here. 

I'm a Regular

We're taking our new PVR back for a newer one. Today we went from being able to watch TV with no access to On Demand, no Search function and limited Guide info to No picture and No sound. I'm not a happy camper.

I'm a Regular

Just going to add this here as well as it hasn't been changed and has to do with Navigatr software: Whenever you use any RF commands on the 9865 the digital display flickers. I think it's because I changed the front panel display to the brightest setting because the clock was too hard to read on the default.

Please fix this in an update if possible Rogers, thanks.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Navigator still not fixed

I am really getting close to giving up and trying Bell. They couldnt possibly be worse.

You have made all kinds of promised but at the end of the day done nothing. It locked up again this morning.

If I cant have my old operating system back than I will be cancelling all my services. At least the old one did work.

So please could I have a commitment as to when I can have my old one back or at least one that works. If you cant get this working than let me know and I will be switching to Bell.

Thanks

Bill

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers is ignoring the problems. Thye are to big, rich and powerful now to worry about "one" customer.

They send out dumb stupid surveys to solicate the answers they want, NOT the truth aabout customer expierience and then ignore the survey results.

NetBox Navigator menu sucks and they may delete this note because they object to the word and ignore the message.

The only way we get the content recorded is, We have in settings, set to recorde anytime, any day and then delete the recordings that repeat. This is jud dumb / stupid that we have to manipulate their menu to ensue we get what we want recored.

The other dumb menu is the set to sort and set to show. You can show all or show schedual, but can not show JUST recorded programs. How stupid is that.