UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
JonBoy49
I'm a Reliable Contributor
Posts: 102

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@Brt wrote:

@57 wrote:

Brt wrote: Out of curiosity, does anyone know how to tell what will be recorded at a given time without having to check each individual tile or scroll through dozens of pages in the guide?

Use RAPTV on a Tablet or Mobile, or AnyPlace Web on a computer.

 

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/anyplace-tv/284?setLanguage=en

 

 


Thanks for the suggestion @57. I should have thought of that but I've run into my fair share of problems with the apps and web access that I gave up on them a long time ago. 

 

It sure would be nice if Rogers stepped up to the plate and fixed this mess once and for all.

 

Cheers


They really have no incentive to fix it - after all we still keep giving them money!

Customer01
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 73

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@DrMike wrote:

@RogersRoland wrote:

Today, we upgraded the Navigatr software to some NextBox cable customers in Toronto and Etobicoke. Some customers had experienced issues with the Closed Caption feature not functioning properly upon PVR playback. We believe this issue has been resolved by recent upgrades and future recording will display Closed Caption correctly.  We’ll keep you posted on further updates.


Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I daresay that I speak for all of us when I say that you and the other Mods and Rogers employees should NOT take the fact that this thread is drying up to a trickle to mean that we are any happier now than we have been for months. There just comes a point where banging your head against a Rogers brick wall isn't fun anymore. Even with this latest "fix" (no doubt a VERY important one if you need the CC'ing) the Navagtr software is still riddled with problems and I just would not want anyone to think that we have now been satisfied or that we have gone away.   


Agree.  And I am just waiting for a time convenient to ME to really go away.  In the meantime, my dissatisfaction continues, and none of my issues have been addressed.

mfait
I'm a Reliable Contributor
Posts: 194

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@Customer01 wrote:

@DrMike wrote:

@RogersRoland wrote:

Today, we upgraded the Navigatr software to some NextBox cable customers in Toronto and Etobicoke. Some customers had experienced issues with the Closed Caption feature not functioning properly upon PVR playback. We believe this issue has been resolved by recent upgrades and future recording will display Closed Caption correctly.  We’ll keep you posted on further updates.


Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I daresay that I speak for all of us when I say that you and the other Mods and Rogers employees should NOT take the fact that this thread is drying up to a trickle to mean that we are any happier now than we have been for months. There just comes a point where banging your head against a Rogers brick wall isn't fun anymore. Even with this latest "fix" (no doubt a VERY important one if you need the CC'ing) the Navagtr software is still riddled with problems and I just would not want anyone to think that we have now been satisfied or that we have gone away.   


Agree.  And I am just waiting for a time convenient to ME to really go away.  In the meantime, my dissatisfaction continues, and none of my issues have been addressed.


Me too!   Still not happy!

 

This was rolled out last August to some areas.  Lot's of complaints!

More than 8 months later, very little has changed!

 

Many tiles on PVR list still missing proper images.  If this is the way Rogers want to go then find a way to load all tiles with images.

 

Still can't tell what recordings are coming up, without resorting to the app.

57
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 4,146

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@mfait wrote:

 

Still can't tell what recordings are coming up, without resorting to the app.


You should be able to click any series recordings and go to the scheduled tab to see scheduled recordings for series.  Near the bottom of the "list" of tiles will be any single scheduled recordings, but you can only tell the rough information based on where they are in the "list" - the later in the "list" of tiles, the farther away the recording is. 

 

If you schedule your single recordings as a series, then you'll be able to see the channel name, date, time, as discussed earlier in this thread (workaround for single recordings which lack that sort of information).  Then delete that tile when you've finished watching the single recording in it (right side, delete all scheduled recordings).

 

Of course none of this is very convenient and should be fixed.



GKW1
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 24

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Besides that & another 100 problems. My wife & I are on different schedules. I'll record a series then I want to delete them. It's such a pain to do it on the TV. I was told to go to Anyplace TV. I don't see anywhere where I can see my recorded shows, or delete them. So sick & tired of being sick & tired!!

57
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 4,146

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@GKW1 wrote:

I don't see anywhere where I can see my recorded shows, or delete them. So sick & tired of being sick & tired!!


I assume you're on a computer in a browser and are at the guide in AnyPlace. Near the top left should be a listing for your PVR.  Click on it and then on "Manage My PVR" and you'll see your list of recordings and a tab for the scheduled recordings.  You should then be able to select a recorded programme (or more than one) and click the trashcan to delete it/them. 

 

Be aware that deleting in the (upcoming) scheduled list usually deletes the entire scheduled series, not just the one scheduled programme you happen to select. If I wish to delete just one scheduled programme in a scheduled series, I do that in the PVR.  I may wish to do this because the programme in the series is a repeat, or I don't wish to bother recording it due to lack of interest, etc.

 

Sometimes when you perform actions in AnyPlace or RAPTV it may take some time for that action to synch with the PVR itself and vice versa. For example, if I delete a recording on the PVR, it can sometimes still show in AnyPlace for a while.



mfait
I'm a Reliable Contributor
Posts: 194

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@57 wrote:

@mfait wrote:

 

Still can't tell what recordings are coming up, without resorting to the app.


You should be able to click any series recordings and go to the scheduled tab to see scheduled recordings for series.  Near the bottom of the "list" of tiles will be any single scheduled recordings, but you can only tell the rough information based on where they are in the "list" - the later in the "list" of tiles, the farther away the recording is. 

 

If you schedule your single recordings as a series, then you'll be able to see the channel name, date, time, as discussed earlier in this thread (workaround for single recordings which lack that sort of information).  Then delete that tile when you've finished watching the single recording in it (right side, delete all scheduled recordings).

 

Of course none of this is very convenient and should be fixed.


Yes, I'm aware of this.

 

I oversimplified my comment.  What I meant was that from a quick glance you can't tell how many shows will be recorded at the same time.  Not like the RTN guide used to show you, and not like the Rogers app shows you.

 

Personally, I don't like to be recording more than 4 HD shows at a time.  The NetBox is supposed to support 8 shows at a time, but not sure if it's still 8 if they are all HD.  I thought I read somewhere that it's 4 HD shows, but it could have been a comment regarding Bell.  Don't remember.

 

Sunday is a busy night for recording shows (between me, my wife and my daughter) so I used the app to see what was being recorded at 9:00 and move a couple of shows to a different time slot so at 9:00 we only had 4 shows.  Guess what!!!  At about 9:15 we were watching current recording of Game of Thrones, when suddenly the picture froze an the box rebooted.  Now we were going to be missing parts of all these shows while the box rebooted.  And when it recovered it started up 3 of the 4 recordings, but not Game of Thrones.  Luckily, Game of Thrones gets put On Demand almost right away so were were able to finish the show there.

 

This freezing and rebooting is very rare on our box.  I think it happened only once before, when recording 4 of 5 shows.  I guess it couldn't keep up, recording 4 while watching 1 of these.

 

As far as "where they are in the "list" - the later in the "list" of tiles, the farther away the recording is" is not true if you have not deleted all the old episodes before recording new episodes.  The tile with old episodes will get sorted by the recorded episode date and time and not the the scheduled one.  This make is harder to determine what shows are about to be recorded.

57
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 4,146

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@mfait wrote:

 

Personally, I don't like to be recording more than 4 HD shows at a time.  The NetBox is supposed to support 8 shows at a time, but not sure if it's still 8 if they are all HD.  I thought I read somewhere that it's 4 HD shows, but it could have been a comment regarding Bell.  Don't remember.

 

Sunday is a busy night for recording shows...

 

As far as "where they are in the "list" - the later in the "list" of tiles, the farther away the recording is" is not true if you have not deleted all the old episodes before recording new episodes.  The tile with old episodes will get sorted by the recorded episode date and time and not the the scheduled one.  This make is harder to determine what shows are about to be recorded.


I also rarely record more than a couple of simultaneous programmes.  With all the time-shifting and repeats I rarely even need to record during prime-time, when I'm usually watching what I've recorded on previous days. My recordings are almost always accomplished while not even watching other programming, through judicious scheduling.

 

The 9865 can record up to 8 simultaneous programmes (HD or SD) and you can even watch an existing recording. As mentioned above, I try not to push my equipment through judicious choices of recording times.

 

In terms of the "later in the list" comment, I was referring to once you've gone past programming you've already recorded.  Then the scheduled recordings after that are in order of recording date/time.  For series recordings that still have a recording to be viewed, those would be near the top of the list and you'd have to click on each tile.  For checking upcoming recordings, I always use AnyPlace/RAPTV.



park
I'm an Advisor
Posts: 480

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

After many complaints, Rogers did put in a kludge in so you can see upcoming recordings in order.

You still can't see the time its set to record, but you can see what day it is scheduled.

 

Use the little red-button to get there and select "show scheduled recordings".

 

BTW: A program being recorded will;ll show up there as well, even though it no longer scheduled.

For those us who like to watch in near real-time i.e. while programs are being recorded, navigation (as in Navigatr) would be much simpler if Rogers would tag these as a "recorded" as soon as they starts recording, rather than after they are finished.

 

 

molly222
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 99

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Problems with Guide after Navigatr Software Update

 

I received my Navigatr Software Update on Tuesday and have been experiencing problems with the guide ever since...only on the NB 3.0 (my NB 2.0 is working fine).  The guide works fine...zippy/fast when looking ahead at the next 4 days...when I look ahead at day 5 it starts to get very, very, sluggish...and on day 6 it shows "no information" for all channels for the entire day...varies by channel by timeslot, but by around 3:00 a.m. on day 6 all channels show "no information".  This has happened every day since the update only on the NB 3.0  Have rebooted many times and it doesn't help.

 

Anyone else checked the guide looking ahead since the update?  Since today is Thursday, I should have guide info up to and including next Wednesday (which I do on the NB 2.0) but "no information" on the NB 3.0

 

Rogers tech support said "coincidentally" the latest update also addressed other issues with the guide, but have not had reports of the "no information" on day 6 problem.  They suggest I swap the box which seems ridiculous to me.