UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@RogersRoland wrote:

Today, we upgraded the Navigatr software to some NextBox cable customers in Toronto and Etobicoke. Some customers had experienced issues with the Closed Caption feature not functioning properly upon PVR playback. We believe this issue has been resolved by recent upgrades and future recording will display Closed Caption correctly.  We’ll keep you posted on further updates.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I daresay that I speak for all of us when I say that you and the other Mods and Rogers employees should NOT take the fact that this thread is drying up to a trickle to mean that we are any happier now than we have been for months. There just comes a point where banging your head against a Rogers brick wall isn't fun anymore. Even with this latest "fix" (no doubt a VERY important one if you need the CC'ing) the Navagtr software is still riddled with problems and I just would not want anyone to think that we have now been satisfied or that we have gone away.   

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersRoland wrote:

Today, we upgraded the Navigatr software to some NextBox cable customers in Toronto and Etobicoke. Some customers had experienced issues with the Closed Caption feature not functioning properly upon PVR playback. We believe this issue has been resolved by recent upgrades and future recording will display Closed Caption correctly.  We’ll keep you posted on further updates.

Thanks for the info @RogersRoland but this was pretty evident since I had to reboot my box within 12 hours of receiving the upgrade after it had already starting to destabalize.

Do you or anyone at Rogers have any idea when we are going to receive a STABLE update to this nonsense called Navigatr?

Going on 10 months and this product still isn't worthy of being moved from alpha testing to beta testing, let alone a controlled release or being unleashed on everyone.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how to tell what will be recorded at a given time without having to check each individual tile or scroll through dozens of pages in the guide? I had to wait to reboot my box when nothing was being recorded, the problem though is that I had no easy way to check what was set to record for the next hour. 

Thank you.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Brt wrote: Out of curiosity, does anyone know how to tell what will be recorded at a given time without having to check each individual tile or scroll through dozens of pages in the guide?

Use RAPTV on a Tablet or Mobile, or AnyPlace Web on a computer.

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/anyplace-tv/284?setLanguage=en

I Plan to Stick Around

@57 wrote:

Brt wrote: Out of curiosity, does anyone know how to tell what will be recorded at a given time without having to check each individual tile or scroll through dozens of pages in the guide?

Thanks for the suggestion @57. I should have thought of that but I've run into my fair share of problems with the apps and web access that I gave up on them a long time ago. 

It sure would be nice if Rogers stepped up to the plate and fixed this mess once and for all.

Cheers

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Brt wrote:

@57 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion @57. I should have thought of that but I've run into my fair share of problems with the apps and web access that I gave up on them a long time ago. 

It sure would be nice if Rogers stepped up to the plate and fixed this mess once and for all.

Cheers

They really have no incentive to fix it - after all we still keep giving them money!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@DrMike wrote:

@RogersRoland wrote:

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I daresay that I speak for all of us when I say that you and the other Mods and Rogers employees should NOT take the fact that this thread is drying up to a trickle to mean that we are any happier now than we have been for months. There just comes a point where banging your head against a Rogers brick wall isn't fun anymore. Even with this latest "fix" (no doubt a VERY important one if you need the CC'ing) the Navagtr software is still riddled with problems and I just would not want anyone to think that we have now been satisfied or that we have gone away.   

Agree.  And I am just waiting for a time convenient to ME to really go away.  In the meantime, my dissatisfaction continues, and none of my issues have been addressed.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Customer01 wrote:

@DrMike wrote:

@RogersRoland wrote:

Agree.  And I am just waiting for a time convenient to ME to really go away.  In the meantime, my dissatisfaction continues, and none of my issues have been addressed.

Me too!   Still not happy!

This was rolled out last August to some areas.  Lot's of complaints!

More than 8 months later, very little has changed!

Many tiles on PVR list still missing proper images.  If this is the way Rogers want to go then find a way to load all tiles with images.

Still can't tell what recordings are coming up, without resorting to the app.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mfait wrote:

Still can't tell what recordings are coming up, without resorting to the app.

You should be able to click any series recordings and go to the scheduled tab to see scheduled recordings for series.  Near the bottom of the "list" of tiles will be any single scheduled recordings, but you can only tell the rough information based on where they are in the "list" - the later in the "list" of tiles, the farther away the recording is. 

If you schedule your single recordings as a series, then you'll be able to see the channel name, date, time, as discussed earlier in this thread (workaround for single recordings which lack that sort of information).  Then delete that tile when you've finished watching the single recording in it (right side, delete all scheduled recordings).

Of course none of this is very convenient and should be fixed.

I Plan to Stick Around

Besides that & another 100 problems. My wife & I are on different schedules. I'll record a series then I want to delete them. It's such a pain to do it on the TV. I was told to go to Anyplace TV. I don't see anywhere where I can see my recorded shows, or delete them. So sick & tired of being sick & tired!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@GKW1 wrote:

I don't see anywhere where I can see my recorded shows, or delete them. So sick & tired of being sick & tired!!

I assume you're on a computer in a browser and are at the guide in AnyPlace. Near the top left should be a listing for your PVR.  Click on it and then on "Manage My PVR" and you'll see your list of recordings and a tab for the scheduled recordings.  You should then be able to select a recorded programme (or more than one) and click the trashcan to delete it/them. 

Be aware that deleting in the (upcoming) scheduled list usually deletes the entire scheduled series, not just the one scheduled programme you happen to select. If I wish to delete just one scheduled programme in a scheduled series, I do that in the PVR.  I may wish to do this because the programme in the series is a repeat, or I don't wish to bother recording it due to lack of interest, etc.

Sometimes when you perform actions in AnyPlace or RAPTV it may take some time for that action to synch with the PVR itself and vice versa. For example, if I delete a recording on the PVR, it can sometimes still show in AnyPlace for a while.