UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator
Posts: 686

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Today, we upgraded the Navigatr software to some NextBox cable customers in the Ottawa and Southwestern Ontario communities including London, Kitchener/Waterloo, Guelph and surrounding areas. Some customers had experienced issues with the Closed Caption feature not functioning properly upon PVR playback. We believe this issue has been resolved by recent upgrades and future recording will display Closed Caption correctly.  Stay tuned for more updates.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 16

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

This dose nothing to address the issues with the menus. It is still a failure and not as good as the ole menu.

I've Been Here Awhile
Posts: 3

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

First time in the forums and not surprised to see all the people with Navigator problems. My Navigator has stopped recording my shows. I program them to record, they are "set to record" but never do. And when I check my recording schedule it will say "set to record show xxxx on May 1st (whatever date the show was).  How can it be set to record a show on a date that has passed?!

 

Agreed, the lag time is ridiculous and I often just give up, I'm never sure if I've set everything correctly, and even if a show in the guide shows the little red dots (which indicates I've set to record the show), nothing gets recorded.

 

And I can't delete anything - single shows or a grouping of shows, same response, "sorry, we cannot delete this show as it is currently being viewed".  

 

HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.

I'm a Reliable Contributor
Posts: 193

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@Luckydollrstore wrote:

First time in the forums and not surprised to see all the people with Navigator problems. My Navigator has stopped recording my shows. I program them to record, they are "set to record" but never do. And when I check my recording schedule it will say "set to record show xxxx on May 1st (whatever date the show was).  How can it be set to record a show on a date that has passed?!

 

Agreed, the lag time is ridiculous and I often just give up, I'm never sure if I've set everything correctly, and even if a show in the guide shows the little red dots (which indicates I've set to record the show), nothing gets recorded.

 

And I can't delete anything - single shows or a grouping of shows, same response, "sorry, we cannot delete this show as it is currently being viewed".  

 

HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.


Funny that since we got Navigatr i have had none of these problems that you describe. Can't record in the past, everything i set to record is recorded and i can delete anything i want. I am not thrilled about some of the usability issues but it is functional.

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 46

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@rgottinger wrote:

@Luckydollrstore wrote:

First time in the forums and not surprised to see all the people with Navigator problems. My Navigator has stopped recording my shows. I program them to record, they are "set to record" but never do. And when I check my recording schedule it will say "set to record show xxxx on May 1st (whatever date the show was).  How can it be set to record a show on a date that has passed?!

 

Agreed, the lag time is ridiculous and I often just give up, I'm never sure if I've set everything correctly, and even if a show in the guide shows the little red dots (which indicates I've set to record the show), nothing gets recorded.

 

And I can't delete anything - single shows or a grouping of shows, same response, "sorry, we cannot delete this show as it is currently being viewed".  

 

HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.


Funny that since we got Navigatr i have had none of these problems that you describe. Can't record in the past, everything i set to record is recorded and i can delete anything i want. I am not thrilled about some of the usability issues but it is functional.


Seriously @rgottinger? Are you suggesting that because you have not personally experienced an issue that it doesn't exist? Wow!

 

I've Been Here Awhile
Posts: 3

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Lucky you @rgottinger, when can we meet up to swap boxes?

I'm a Reliable Contributor
Posts: 193

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@Luckydollrstore wrote:

Lucky you @rgottinger, when can we meet up to swap boxes?


i just got a new box from Rogers last month that is problem free as well as a 2 yr old one that functions just fine. Like i said usability is a separate subject but sounds like you have a box that should be traded in if it is a rental

I'm a Reliable Contributor
Posts: 193

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@Brt wrote:

@rgottinger wrote:

@Luckydollrstore wrote:

First time in the forums and not surprised to see all the people with Navigator problems. My Navigator has stopped recording my shows. I program them to record, they are "set to record" but never do. And when I check my recording schedule it will say "set to record show xxxx on May 1st (whatever date the show was).  How can it be set to record a show on a date that has passed?!

 

Agreed, the lag time is ridiculous and I often just give up, I'm never sure if I've set everything correctly, and even if a show in the guide shows the little red dots (which indicates I've set to record the show), nothing gets recorded.

 

And I can't delete anything - single shows or a grouping of shows, same response, "sorry, we cannot delete this show as it is currently being viewed".  

 

HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.


Funny that since we got Navigatr i have had none of these problems that you describe. Can't record in the past, everything i set to record is recorded and i can delete anything i want. I am not thrilled about some of the usability issues but it is functional.


Seriously @rgottinger? Are you suggesting that because you have not personally experienced an issue that it doesn't exist? Wow!

 


No, are you suggesting that everyone but me is experiencing it.

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 16

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@Brt wrote:

@rgottinger wrote:

@Luckydollrstore wrote:

First time in the forums and not surprised to see all the people with Navigator problems. My Navigator has stopped recording my shows. I program them to record, they are "set to record" but never do. And when I check my recording schedule it will say "set to record show xxxx on May 1st (whatever date the show was).  How can it be set to record a show on a date that has passed?!

 

Agreed, the lag time is ridiculous and I often just give up, I'm never sure if I've set everything correctly, and even if a show in the guide shows the little red dots (which indicates I've set to record the show), nothing gets recorded.

 

And I can't delete anything - single shows or a grouping of shows, same response, "sorry, we cannot delete this show as it is currently being viewed".  

 

HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.


Funny that since we got Navigatr i have had none of these problems that you describe. Can't record in the past, everything i set to record is recorded and i can delete anything i want. I am not thrilled about some of the usability issues but it is functional.


Seriously @rgottinger? Are you suggesting that because you have not personally experienced an issue that it doesn't exist? Wow!

 


It's not the BOX. It is the stupid menu they released and their tendency to try and move you into PPV selections. This NEW posted menu is riddled with . problems and user unfriendly selections.

 

Try the search and see if you can record a series when you do find what you wnat NO> See f you can refine search to only search HD and NO PPV, >NO<.

 

Try refinining your Recorded programs. You can select see all or see only schedualed. What! Why not see only Recorded as option like the past menure.

 

Half the pposted icons are blank and if you select one the Title show and you have to click to get any information, then you may get only limited info with >NO< time date or channel irt was recorded on.

 

Menue format.

The past menue you could display by Time/Chanel/Schedual/PVR

The NEW menu you have 2 choices - Most recent or Alphabet.

 

The NEW Menu is NOT user friendly and aimed at getting people to purchase.

PPV programs. (PPV)= Pay Per View)

It's DISAPPOINTING and Rogers care about customer.

If Bell had Fiber optic in my area I would be switching.

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator
Posts: 686

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Today, we upgraded the Navigatr software to some NextBox cable customers in Toronto and Etobicoke. Some customers had experienced issues with the Closed Caption feature not functioning properly upon PVR playback. We believe this issue has been resolved by recent upgrades and future recording will display Closed Caption correctly.  We’ll keep you posted on further updates.