UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@Customer01 wrote:

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying about a flaw carried over from before, but with the Nextbox 3 software prior to Navigatr, it was always possible to see the channel, name of show, date, time and length of the recording all together in one line in the list view.

Okay, then  you're right and RTN provided channel information for recorded shows. The SARA List, which I have, doesn't, just for scheduled recordings. I was not aware that RTN offered more features over SARA other than the graphics. I guess they started dropping useful features with Navigatr.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

The new Navigatr is worse than the old one. The functionality seems improved but the speed of response is terrible. Selecting some functions like deleting recordings takes several attempts. Please improve this or let us revert back to the old version

I Plan to Stick Around

You are so right on.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ok, I'd like to take a measure of how bad this is; how many of you have Nextbox 2 and suffer from almost unusable performance with the new Navigatr software? Just give a "like" to this post if that's your case.

Has anyone managed to "fix" (no rebooting all the time workarounds or migrating to the newer boxes, please) this?

So far for me it really looks like Rogers not giving a s* about generation 2 boxes and forcing us to move to the newer ones. I went through the full cycle of "rent to own" and don't pay a cent anymore for my 3 devices, I don't want to upgrade just for a nice interface (no new "real features on this version).

I'm a Senior Advisor

My 4625 is fine.  Quite useable in a WHPVR setup.

@blabla2 wrote:

Ok, I'd like to take a measure of how bad this is; how many of you have Nextbox 2 and suffer from almost unusable performance with the new Navigatr software? Just give a "like" to this post if that's your case.

Has anyone managed to "fix" (no rebooting all the time workarounds or migrating to the newer boxes, please) this?

So far for me it really looks like Rogers not giving a s* about generation 2 boxes and forcing us to move to the newer ones. I went through the full cycle of "rent to own" and don't pay a cent anymore for my 3 devices, I don't want to upgrade just for a nice interface (no new "real features on this version).

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Hey Community, 

Today, we upgraded the Navigatr software to some NextBox cable customers in communities North and East of Toronto, including Scarborough, Richmond Hill, Barrie, Collingwood, Bolton, Midland, Orangeville, Orillia, and Owen Sound. Some customers had experienced issues with the Closed Caption feature not functioning properly upon PVR playback. We believe this issue has been resolved by recent upgrades and future recording will display Closed Caption correctly. 

Stay tuned for more updates.

RogersRoland

I Plan to Stick Around

I have been away for two weeks and haven't even used my PVR.  When I get home, I still have to reboot it to get it to work.  Also, I now have to exchange my remote because the buttons are used so often now with all the extra steps to do, half of them barely work. 

I'm Here A Lot

The Guide

The "New and Improved" guide SUCKS!  Way slower, harder to read and fewer features.  Did ANYBODY think to ask the customers what they wanted or what features they like best?  It was the same when they changed it the last time.  We used to be able to view a list of programs we had flagged to view.  Not any more.  And now this new guide...we used to be able to read it.  Now it's fine print makes this difficult.  We used to be able to flag a show to watch later and if we were out of the room, it would automatically switch to that channel...not any more!  And the new guide is so S-L-O-W-!  We often think it has missed a signal we've sent and so we push the button again.  Then it takes both clicks and we're of to someplace in the guide we didn't want to go to.

I'm just wondering how much money this change made for Rogers because that is their chief reason for making ANY changes.  It certainly isn't for improved customer service.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Another problem to add to the long list of Navigatr faults.

We taped two "Person of Interest" prgrams back to back. The first tile had a picture on the tile that said "Motive" which was not the right program to display. When you scroll over it  however, with the blue square outline, then the text says "Person of Interest" and behind the text you can still faintly see the "Motive" picture. If you select the program the description for the Person of Interest program appears. When you exit and scroll over to the second tile for the "Person of Interest" you see the right text with the "Person of Interest" and also the right tile picture displayed for that program.  Selecting it also give you the right description of the program.  

Just another glitch to let this suffering community know that what you tape may not be displayed by the picture you see on the tile. We certainly hope that when we actually watch the two programs, they are the right ones.

No point calling tech support on this, unless they have it on their white board. Perhaps someone from this community can speculate on why this glitch occurs and hopefully get a credit on your bill.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes I beleive Rogers has screwed it up on purpose.

Notice how they are pusing PPV on searchs and there is no option to opt out of PPV.

In the Navigar menu view options they have two choices.

1/ View all

2/View schedualed

There is no view just recorded programs.

The other setting allowed is view by date or view alphabeticaly.

Whenyou selec a Poster Icon it is almost blacked out and there is no program descriptio until you click on the Icon.

I would prefere a menu that had the Icon down the left and full text description  to the right.

Shomi - Screwed. Just trying agin to push PPV

@User14 wrote:

Another problem to add to the long list of Navigatr faults.

We taped two "Person of Interest" prgrams back to back. The first tile had a picture on the tile that said "Motive" which was not the right program to display. When you scroll over it  however, with the blue square outline, then the text says "Person of Interest" and behind the text you can still faintly see the "Motive" picture. If you select the program the description for the Person of Interest program appears. When you exit and scroll over to the second tile for the "Person of Interest" you see the right text with the "Person of Interest" and also the right tile picture displayed for that program.  Selecting it also give you the right description of the program.  

Just another glitch to let this suffering community know that what you tape may not be displayed by the picture you see on the tile. We certainly hope that when we actually watch the two programs, they are the right ones.

No point calling tech support on this, unless they have it on their white board. Perhaps someone from this community can speculate on why this glitch occurs and hopefully get a credit on your bill.