UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steelheader
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

You wish to post your concerns on Rogers FaceBook page. The Rogers staff does respond. Take a look at my posting.

DrMike
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Steelheader wrote:

You wish to post your concerns on Rogers FaceBook page. The Rogers staff does respond. Take a look at my posting.

Dream on. I have posted to FB, have gone on Twitter, had DM with RogersHelps via Twitter etc. makes no difference. Yes they *respond*. Just like the Mods here *respond*.

Everyone says they are passing the info "up the line" to the appropriate teams. Have you seen any concrete examples of where that has helped? Does anyone "up the line" care?

Appears not.....

I even tweeted and stated a convo with consumer reporter Ellen Roseman of the Toronto Star who has written about Navigatr and Rogers before. Even that went nowhere (as best I can tell...) 

Keep trying by all means and thanks for your efforts, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a positive outcome.

Cush
I Plan to Stick Around

@Steelheader wrote:

Hi Steelheader,

I had a look at the Rogers FB page, and found the Visitor posts section that opens a little window.  Read down through numerous complaint posts.  It turns out people are also upset with the Rogers Internet service.  That was good to know.

As far as your post (I have no idea which one was yours) and all the other people complaining about Navigatr, the responses from Rogers just look like another layer of buffer.  I couldn't see any actual Rogers response that gave any time frame for fixing anything.  At least the Rogers employees on FB do acknowledge that a lot of people are unhappy though.  Maybe that's progress.

Fasteddy1
I've Been Around

The new Navigatr is worse than the old one. The functionality seems improved but the speed of response is terrible. Selecting some functions like deleting recordings takes several attempts. Please improve this or let us revert back to the old version

User14
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Another problem to add to the long list of Navigatr faults.

We taped two "Person of Interest" prgrams back to back. The first tile had a picture on the tile that said "Motive" which was not the right program to display. When you scroll over it  however, with the blue square outline, then the text says "Person of Interest" and behind the text you can still faintly see the "Motive" picture. If you select the program the description for the Person of Interest program appears. When you exit and scroll over to the second tile for the "Person of Interest" you see the right text with the "Person of Interest" and also the right tile picture displayed for that program.  Selecting it also give you the right description of the program.  

Just another glitch to let this suffering community know that what you tape may not be displayed by the picture you see on the tile. We certainly hope that when we actually watch the two programs, they are the right ones.

No point calling tech support on this, unless they have it on their white board. Perhaps someone from this community can speculate on why this glitch occurs and hopefully get a credit on your bill.

jball1
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes I beleive Rogers has screwed it up on purpose.

Notice how they are pusing PPV on searchs and there is no option to opt out of PPV.

In the Navigar menu view options they have two choices.

1/ View all

2/View schedualed

There is no view just recorded programs.

The other setting allowed is view by date or view alphabeticaly.

Whenyou selec a Poster Icon it is almost blacked out and there is no program descriptio until you click on the Icon.

I would prefere a menu that had the Icon down the left and full text description  to the right.

Shomi - Screwed. Just trying agin to push PPV

@User14 wrote:

Another problem to add to the long list of Navigatr faults.

We taped two "Person of Interest" prgrams back to back. The first tile had a picture on the tile that said "Motive" which was not the right program to display. When you scroll over it  however, with the blue square outline, then the text says "Person of Interest" and behind the text you can still faintly see the "Motive" picture. If you select the program the description for the Person of Interest program appears. When you exit and scroll over to the second tile for the "Person of Interest" you see the right text with the "Person of Interest" and also the right tile picture displayed for that program.  Selecting it also give you the right description of the program.  

Just another glitch to let this suffering community know that what you tape may not be displayed by the picture you see on the tile. We certainly hope that when we actually watch the two programs, they are the right ones.

No point calling tech support on this, unless they have it on their white board. Perhaps someone from this community can speculate on why this glitch occurs and hopefully get a credit on your bill.

RogersRoland
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Today, we upgraded the Navigatr software to some NextBox cable customers in the Ottawa and Southwestern Ontario communities including London, Kitchener/Waterloo, Guelph and surrounding areas. Some customers had experienced issues with the Closed Caption feature not functioning properly upon PVR playback. We believe this issue has been resolved by recent upgrades and future recording will display Closed Caption correctly.  Stay tuned for more updates.

jball1
I Plan to Stick Around

This dose nothing to address the issues with the menus. It is still a failure and not as good as the ole menu.

Luckydollrstore
I've Been Here Awhile

First time in the forums and not surprised to see all the people with Navigator problems. My Navigator has stopped recording my shows. I program them to record, they are "set to record" but never do. And when I check my recording schedule it will say "set to record show xxxx on May 1st (whatever date the show was).  How can it be set to record a show on a date that has passed?!

Agreed, the lag time is ridiculous and I often just give up, I'm never sure if I've set everything correctly, and even if a show in the guide shows the little red dots (which indicates I've set to record the show), nothing gets recorded.

And I can't delete anything - single shows or a grouping of shows, same response, "sorry, we cannot delete this show as it is currently being viewed".  

HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.

rgottinger
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Luckydollrstore wrote:

First time in the forums and not surprised to see all the people with Navigator problems. My Navigator has stopped recording my shows. I program them to record, they are "set to record" but never do. And when I check my recording schedule it will say "set to record show xxxx on May 1st (whatever date the show was).  How can it be set to record a show on a date that has passed?!

Agreed, the lag time is ridiculous and I often just give up, I'm never sure if I've set everything correctly, and even if a show in the guide shows the little red dots (which indicates I've set to record the show), nothing gets recorded.

And I can't delete anything - single shows or a grouping of shows, same response, "sorry, we cannot delete this show as it is currently being viewed".  

HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.

Funny that since we got Navigatr i have had none of these problems that you describe. Can't record in the past, everything i set to record is recorded and i can delete anything i want. I am not thrilled about some of the usability issues but it is functional.