UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@park wrote:

May I suggest including a reference to  @57s lists on issues and workarounds or inlcuding them where appropriate.  e.g the ability to toggle cc on/off while watching a recording, found by @BS.

One further issue which I believe will help us navigate the Navigatr tiles better,

esp those of us who like to watch programs while they are recording.

Once a program starts recording, please identify is a recorded, not scheduled.

The program would be easirt to navigatre to and watch.

In fact, it is no longer scheduled and can be watched just like any other recording.

Someone may have mentioned this already, if you are recording it as a single recording (not series) then it does appear in the recorded area while it is recording.  Since they start about an hour before I an ready to watch, I use that feature for watching the Jays baseball games. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

@jays77 wrote:

@park wrote:

One further issue which I believe will help us navigate the Navigatr tiles better,

esp those of us who like to watch programs while they are recording.

Once a program starts recording, please identify is a recorded, not scheduled.

The program would be easirt to navigatre to and watch.

In fact, it is no longer scheduled and can be watched just like any other recording.

Someone may have mentioned this already, if you are recording it as a single recording (not series) then it does appear in the recorded area while it is recording.  Since they start about an hour before I an ready to watch, I use that feature for watching the Jays baseball games. 

I don't have Navigatr, but I thought I saw it mentioned that recordings in progress are found under scheduled up until they're finished. Or has that now been changed? I believe @park was asking that to be changed back to the way it used to be pre-Navigatr. Logically, once a recording has begun, it's no longer "scheduled" but in progress and should be called a recording, even if it's in progress.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It's sad, byt you're probably right about priorities. There's just too much that needs to be done. 

But there's another reason for recording even while watching in real time: If you've ever had a program on pause and then something goes awry, one is screwed. You've lost everything up to the current 'live' point. We also keep trying to remember that the "software updates" at 2:00 am will completely lose your place. As will a power outage, or accidental press of the wrong button on a remote.

In fact those software updates don't even save your place in a recorded program you're watching when it interrupts you. There's no "Resume". If you're near the end of a movie, too bad. You'll have to start from the beginning and FF to where you were. 

I don't know why there isn't more of a backup. Technology is pretty advanced these days. We've been asking Rogers about that for a very long time and were told "that's just the way it is". But there are sooooooo many high-level problems with Navigatr that I can't see any attention given to this. So we'll just keep recording our little brains out to be safe.

I Plan to Stick Around

One more thing that anny's me. My wife & Ihave different hours, so I will record a series. When we have both watched them I want to delete them. I use to be able to delete them one after the other. Now it goes to the begining & I have to scroll down 30 or more recordings to delete the next one!??!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@GKW1

I suggest you use "AnyPlace Web" on your computer or AnyPlace/RAPTV on a tablet or mobile phone to see/schedule/delete lists of recordings/scheduled recordings.  You can select multiple recordings to delete, however, I suggest deleting a few at a time rather than 30 at once so that the system is not overloaded.  Much easier than on the PVR.

AnyPlace is also very useful for searches.

AnyPlace: http://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/anyplace-tv/284?setLanguage=en

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@57 wrote:

I suggest you use "AnyPlace Web" on your computer or AnyPlace/RAPTV on a tablet or mobile phone to see/schedule/delete lists of recordings/scheduled recordings.  You can select multiple recordings to delete, however, I suggest deleting a few at a time rather than 30 at once so that the system is not overloaded.  Much easier than on the PVR.

I agree - but with the comment that it doesn't always work. When I first started using this it was great but more recently it will tell me it has deleted things and they do not appear in the updated list, but then the next day there they all are back again. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sometimes, depending on the server load, etc a deleted item may "stay" for a day, perhaps longer, but if you check the PVR itself it's usually deleted.

The opposite is also often true in that recordings that were deleted on the PVR may show on AnyPlace.  You just need to be patient for the sync between the devices to complete, which may take a day or two.  Yes, I know it should be better than that...

It's also important not to overwhelm the system by doing too many things at once, or too quickly.

@57 wrote:

Sometimes, depending on the server load, etc a deleted item may "stay" for a day, perhaps longer, but if you check the PVR itself it's usually deleted.

The opposite is also often true in that recordings that were deleted on the PVR may show on AnyPlace.  You just need to be patient for the sync between the devices to complete, which may take a day or two.  Yes, I know it should be better than that...

It's also important not to overwhelm the system by doing too many things at once, or too quickly.

I'm aware of this "feature" but I was only doing one thing at a time. I thought the first few times that it might be a sync problem when it was still on the NB later that evening having been deleted around 6 hours before. But then the next day the "deleted" items were all back and visible on the web interface and never did go away until I deleted them on the NB.

I would have reported it to Rogers but a) the answer is always factory reset and I have too many recordings to do that and b) I won't be using this piece of junk for any longer than I have to anyway.

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't see anywhere to Add/delete programs? I can watch anything on my computer, not what I want. LOST!??!

Any one else get this survey:

2016-04-24_21-07-10.jpg

Lot's of questions about Navigator, and how you like it compared to previus guide.