UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@yyz64 wrote:

I can understand why Rogers would want to upgrade without asking as it should make it easier for the tech support people to have everyone running the same software levels. Yes it would be nice to see the bug fixes/enhancements made although that is an admission of problems which I suppose they may not want to admit to either us or the competition.

Talking of updates - I appear to have had one last night which completley screwed up the recording of the Daily show (again - why is it always that show ? - guess it must be the time the update is done?).

It left me with a large number of empty tiles - no title - no nothing - and a date back in ancient history. It also had two copies of the Daily Show (actually the Nightly Show)  stuck in "Recording" mode whcih would not allow me to either stop recording or delate them.

And before anybody asks - Yes a reboot got rid of them all but of course did not reinstate my missing recordings nor did it reinstate 2 back issues of the Daily Show that it apparently deleted.

I would call and ask Rogers when this nonsense will end but I no longer care. I have decided to take my business elsewhere.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well said. Your bang on.

I Plan to Stick Around

ENOUGH!! I have made a tentative agreement with Bell. I have to cut two trees down which are in the way  to get the Sat. signal. there in the way anyway! I have checked with other people with Bell. Their a lot happier than I am! My sister switched recently & say's it's a lot better. So when the snow goes & warms up a bit, if it ever does? I'm taking my TV, internet, home phone, & two cell phones to Bell. I've had enough!!

OH 65% less complaints? I say that's not true!!

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I don't know if this one is on the Bad Functionality list or not, but here goes.  

When you see a recorded program, you use to be able to see the description when you highlighted it on the list of recordings and you could tell directly if you had a duplicate. You could scroll down and just delete it.   Now all you see is the tile and it might say is NEW.  You could have 2 or 3 tiles of the program with NEW.

When you select the tile and press INFO, you get nothing. You have to press SELECT to see the description, then EXIT and go to the next tile and do the same thing.  Once you know it is a duplicate you can press delete.

In terms of functionality you have increased the number of clicks from (1) scroll (2) delete (3) confirm to  (1) select (2) exit (3) scroll (4) select (5) scroll (6) delete (7) confirm assuming you have a duplicate recording.

When you improve the functionality it should reduce the number of clicks you have to make. If you double it, that is not an improvement or an enhancement from my perspective. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@User14 wrote:

I don't know if this one is on the Bad Functionality list or not, but here goes.  

When you see a recorded program, you use to be able to see the description when you highlighted it on the list of recordings and you could tell directly if you had a duplicate. You could scroll down and just delete it.   Now all you see is the tile and it might say is NEW.  You could have 2 or 3 tiles of the program with NEW.

When you select the tile and press INFO, you get nothing. You have to press SELECT to see the description, then EXIT and go to the next tile and do the same thing.  Once you know it is a duplicate you can press delete.

In terms of functionality you have increased the number of clicks from (1) scroll (2) delete (3) confirm to  (1) select (2) exit (3) scroll (4) select (5) scroll (6) delete (7) confirm assuming you have a duplicate recording.

When you improve the functionality it should reduce the number of clicks you have to make. If you double it, that is not an improvement or an enhancement from my perspective. 

Agree.  The marketing of this product has been completely misleading.  Plus, the instructions on the Rogers website continue to have many errors and there has been no attempt to correct them.  

I've Been Around

I agree i really dislike the new guide AND the layout of my PVR recorded shows.  

The guide:

- i do not like the visual layout of the guide, it takes up too much of the screen

The PVR

- after the upgrade, my PVR did not record shows;  i had to go back and ensure that it is recording the series.  

- i don't understand why the tiles need to show the large pictures;  takes up too much of the screen, causing you to have to scroll

- it loads WAY Too slowly!!!    

@erasmus416 wrote:

I agree i really dislike the new guide AND the layout of my PVR recorded shows.  

The guide:

- i do not like the visual layout of the guide, it takes up too much of the screen

The PVR

- after the upgrade, my PVR did not record shows;  i had to go back and ensure that it is recording the series.  

- i don't understand why the tiles need to show the large pictures;  takes up too much of the screen, causing you to have to scroll

- it loads WAY Too slowly!!!    

I don't care much for the visual layout but it is simiar to Bell and Crave TV so obviously many do.  As for your hardware not functioning you have have the same problem as many others seem to have had, that being an outdated or defective piece of equipment. My 9865HD records and loads at an adequate level. All PVRs are is a computer and they aren't intended to last more than a few years. Time to exchange it unless you bought it and if you did, you have a new doorstop

I Plan to Stick Around

Honestly not everything is a hardware issue as some here seem to believe.Why would a PVR only last a couple of years?That is not intended at all.Sure the hard drives are the weak link but other than that they are a cable tuner run by software.Now there is your weak link.

@yyz64 wrote:

Honestly not everything is a hardware issue as some here seem to believe.Why would a PVR only last a couple of years?That is not intended at all.Sure the hard drives are the weak link but other than that they are a cable tuner run by software.Now there is your weak link.

And not everything is a software issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

I never said everything was a software issue.Just the obvious ones that you argued against like the slow response of the 9865 which apparently was a software issue. But hey what would I know?I'm just a tech who fixes problems.