UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@jays77 wrote:

@User14 wrote:

So we are all agreed! There is a functionality/software design flaw that needs to be addressed.  The question I now have is - How does this user community get Rogers to acknowledge it and fix it, rather than ignoring it? I would like to see the name of the program and the date/time the program was recorded to appear on the digital tile. All customers think this basic requirement was lost with the switch to Navigatr.  Surely this isn't rocket science and can be fixed! (When I referred to Elon Musk in this regard the last time, my post was deleted, so I have to be careful).

And add the channel to this list.

Quite right!  The channel too.  I have also asked this question separately with a new post to see if I get a clear answer.  

"How does this user community get Rogers to acknowledge a functionality problem and fix it, rather than ignoring it?"  I hope someone from Rogers will answer my question. 

Community Manager (Retired) RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

@User14 wrote:

Question: If there is a functional problem with Navigator that is identified by the User Community, how does Rogers acknowledge the customer concerns with Navigatr and then address or fix the problem? 

This is primarily a peer-to-peer support community.  However, we do read each and every post.  As I have indicated in a previous post, we are taking the feedback and circulating it to the right people within the company.

@Gdkitty has also done a great job of summarizing the issues from this thread here.  If you have something new to add to the list, I'd suggest reaching out to Gdkitty directly.

When I have updates to share, I will do so either in this thread or in response to Gdkitty's 'issues' thread.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Thank you!  Many of the users in this community were waiting for some kind of response from Rogers on the feedback they were providing on the Navigatr software problems.    

Gdkitty has been extremely helpful in this regard and I would support your updates on the list of issues he has identified to keep us informed of action being taken.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersMargaret wrote:

@User14 wrote:

Question: If there is a functional problem with Navigator that is identified by the User Community, how does Rogers acknowledge the customer concerns with Navigatr and then address or fix the problem? 

This is primarily a peer-to-peer support community.  However, we do read each and every post.  As I have indicated in a previous post, we are taking the feedback and circulating it to the right people within the company.

@Gdkitty has also done a great job of summarizing the issues from this thread here.  If you have something new to add to the list, I'd suggest reaching out to Gdkitty directly.

When I have updates to share, I will do so either in this thread or in response to Gdkitty's 'issues' thread.

Thank you for responding, RogersMargaret.  Glad to know that the feedback continues to be circulated.

However I do have an issue with using a volunteer fellow Rogers customer to quarterback  the summarising of problems to forward to Rogers, and having to reach out to that person if I encounter a problem.  Surely it is Rogers staff who should be doing this job? After all, it is Rogers that is selling this product, and Rogers whom we are paying.

I do understand that this is peer to peer, which makes sense in most circumstances, but this thread has gone  on for months, and there are very few real solutions, only workarounds and lots of questions.

So despite all the efforts of the moderators to read everything and pass it on, the people on this thread are very dissatisfied, since there is no way of knowing if their questions are being heard or addressed, and with the passage of so much time, with so little progress, and no communication from Rogers management, it appears as if  they just don't care.

I, myself, in direct correspondence with the OOP, was told that many of the issues that I brought up are simply not going to be changed in the forseeable future. That was actually better information than anything I had seen in this Forum, even though it was not what I wanted to hear.

The members of this Forum, this thread specifically, need to hear directly from management, IT, product development or whoever is responsible, what can be expected.  Right now, they are leaving us, their customers, in the dark.

Community Manager (Retired) RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

@Customer01 wrote:

@RogersMargaret wrote:

@User14 wrote:

Thank you for responding, RogersMargaret.  Glad to know that the feedback continues to be circulated.

However I do have an issue with using a volunteer fellow Rogers customer to quarterback  the summarising of problems to forward to Rogers, and having to reach out to that person if I encounter a problem.  Surely it is Rogers staff who should be doing this job? After all, it is Rogers that is selling this product, and Rogers whom we are paying.

I do understand that this is peer to peer, which makes sense in most circumstances, but this thread has gone  on for months, and there are very few real solutions, only workarounds and lots of questions.

So despite all the efforts of the moderators to read everything and pass it on, the people on this thread are very dissatisfied, since there is no way of knowing if their questions are being heard or addressed, and with the passage of so much time, with so little progress, and no communication from Rogers management, it appears as if  they just don't care.

I, myself, in direct correspondence with the OOP, was told that many of the issues that I brought up are simply not going to be changed in the forseeable future. That was actually better information than anything I had seen in this Forum, even though it was not what I wanted to hear.

The members of this Forum, this thread specifically, need to hear directly from management, IT, product development or whoever is responsible, what can be expected.  Right now, they are leaving us, their customers, in the dark.

@FWIW, Gdkitty reached out and volunteered to compile the list.  @Gdkitty, please feel free to step in here if I'm misrepresenting anything.  We're super grateful for all of the effort he's put in to compiling the list of issues.  As I said before, we have been taking the issues raised in the community to the pertinent folks within the company. However, it is certainly compelling when I can point my colleagues to a very simple/straightforward list.

Again, I will be back when there's an update to share.

I'm Here A Lot

I support Customer01's comments above. Regrettably Rogers, once a fine company and still staffed by many good people, has been let down by a senior management that is failing to devote the necessary focus, attention, and resources to its core business of cable TV. The current Navigatr situation is one example, the RAPTV Home Edition not working on iOS devices for 7 months was another. Competitive markets only exert their discipline when consumers exercise their choices so it seems probable there won't be real improvement until enough customers vote with their feet. It's too bad.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersMargaret wrote:

@FWIW, Gdkitty reached out and volunteered to compile the list.  @Gdkitty, please feel free to step in here if I'm misrepresenting anything.  We're super grateful for all of the effort he's put in to compiling the list of issues.  As I said before, we have been taking the issues raised in the community to the pertinent folks within the company. However, it is certainly compelling when I can point my colleagues to a very simple/straightforward list.

This thread was started 4 months ago and so far Rogers has not shared anything.

There was a software update recently, and no word from Rogers as to what was fixed.  From the looks of it, nothing that has been discussed here.

Looks like you are passing the list of issues up the chain, but no one is listening.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersMargaret wrote:

@Customer01 wrote:

@RogersMargaret wrote:

@User14 wrote:

@I think you are rather missing the point.  It should _never_ have been necessary for @sGdkitty to do anything. That is Rogers job. We pay you a lot of money for this service. When you mess up and send out a broken product you owe it to your customers to provide this kind of information directly. We should never have been left to our own devices. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

...and why does Rogers never provide information on what's new in a firmware update?  For example, you'd think Rogers would want us to be aware of any new features.  Or advise us what was fixed, if anything.

Customers who download new software for their computers almost always are provided with that sort of information.

Of course most people have the option of whether or not to download new software for their computer, whereas Rogers forces firmware on their customers whether they want it or not, so I guess since we don't have much, if any, say in the matter, Rogers treats their customers with utter contempt and like mushrooms.

I suppose Rogers did provide some information regarding Navigatr (and previously RTN) on the Rogers website when there was totally new firmware.  Unfortunately that information was inaccurate and more of a marketing programme than actual useful information for the customer. 

There was no information provided regarding the recent updates to Navigatr (or previously RTN or SARA), even if in some very isolated instances, there was actually good news in an update - like the removal of the power saving "feature" that made PVRs go into a coma in December, or the fact that we can finally activate CC from a recording, even if it would be difficult to come up with a more convoluted or unintuitive procedure to do so.

I Plan to Stick Around

I can understand why Rogers would want to upgrade without asking as it should make it easier for the tech support people to have everyone running the same software levels. Yes it would be nice to see the bug fixes/enhancements made although that is an admission of problems which I suppose they may not want to admit to either us or the competition.