cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Community,

On December 15, 2015, I let everyone know that we had started to roll out the updated Navigatr guide.  Take a look here for that post. 

As we continue to roll out the update, customers will be notified ahead of time that they will be getting the new software.

If you have received the updated Navigatr software (i.e. since December 15, 2015) and would like to ask a question and/or share your findings/learnings, please do so in THIS THREAD.  

As always, the Community Guidelines and Terms of Use apply.

Thanks very much for keeping the community a pleasant place to be!

~RogersMargaret

1,177 REPLIES 1,177

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

DrMike
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@rgottinger wrote:

@DrMike wrote:

@rgottinger wrote:

Not much choice out there, is there?

So Bell isn't better?

Not so simple to ask why I am still a subscriber. First of all, for me, no Bell isn't better. While the FIBE TV itself may well be better that the current Navigatr fiasco, as far as I can tell it requires me to take a Bell internet package (since after all it *is* internet TV) and in that category Rogers' higher speed and capacity plans are FAR superior (or at least were the last time I checked a couple of weeks ago). Plus as a 30-year customer, I am privy to some substantial retention/loyalty savings that no doubt could not be duplicated elsewhere.  I feel genuinely stuck between a rock and a hard place. Rogers has the superior bundle (for me) at a better price, but the trade-off is I have to hold my nose at the stench of Navigatr. 

Same here and Bell is not cheaper by any stretch of the imagination as i have looked into it several times. The difference for me is its just television and my life doesn't hinge on it. I don't see Navigatr as awesome but i clearly don't have as big an issue with it either. If the stench is truly that bad then is the superior bundle really worth it?

Well, to be fair, I am no doubt engaging in a little bit of hyperbole to make the point. Yes, it is only TV and no, my life doesn't hinge on it either. In point of fact, to me, the Internet speed and capacity is actually even more important which is one reason why I will not switch to Bell. I mean  it's not as if the TV doesn't work at all.....

But the fact is that they have taken a very workable system, pedestrian and not full of bells and whistles for sure, but one that WORKED quite well for all of us, and in the name of "progress" have made it far worse than the system it replaces. And this galls us all here, especially when we are not getting a lower price for lower performance. And especially since Rogers seems to want to stonewall us and just pretend the issues are all in our minds or they condescend to us with  "there there you will just get used to it".

So yes, that gives off a huge stench. But it's not like a life-threatening emergency so yes, let's keep it in perspective.

My surmise on what's happened is that Rogers was totally asleep at the switch and got duped by Espial into committing to a product that well over-promised and hugely under-delivers. And now they are stuck with a hugely embarrassing business blunder and lots of  egg on their face, but have no clue what to do about it (in the short term at least). So they dabble a bit here and there at the edges and they stonewall until most of us either quit complaining or just "get used to it".  

Well, I am unfortunately "getting used to it" but I will NOT stop complaining until they release the product they should have released from the beginning. Not as long as I am paying good money for it at least.....

yyz64
I Plan to Stick Around

Let's also not lose sight of the fact that this is the 2ND rollout of Navigator.And yet there were/are still many problems with it.So what happened between the 2 rollouts?Apparently it wasn't testing.

Customer01
I Plan to Stick Around

@rgottinger wrote:

Not much choice out there, is there?

So Bell isn't better?

Who knows?  There are unhappy people there too!  Better the devil you know?  But as long as I AM a subscriber, I can demand my money's worth....and I am getting less than I was a few months ago, for the same cost.  Meantime, I am doing my research.

Thank goodness for some great workarounds from the people on this Forum.  Especially the one about recording everything as a series, even if only one recording, since you then get the information you need about the recording.  You just end up with a lot of "zombies", but thanks again to the Forum, I know how to get rid of them.

No thanks to Rogers, who did not provide this information in the FAQ,  and should not have designed it that way in the first place.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No need to end up with zombies if you record singles as series. After you've finished watching the single recording, delete it.  You should then be "inside" the tile and can go to the right side to "delete all scheduled recordings" (you may need to scroll "up"? to the scheduled tab first - there should be zero scheduled recordings there.)

rgottinger
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Who knows?  There are unhappy people there too!  Better the devil you know?  But as long as I AM a subscriber, I can demand my money's worth....and I am getting less than I was a few months ago, for the same cost.  Meantime, I am doing my research.

Thank goodness for some great workarounds from the people on this Forum.  Especially the one about recording everything as a series, even if only one recording, since you then get the information you need about the recording.  You just end up with a lot of "zombies", but thanks again to the Forum, I know how to get rid of them.

No thanks to Rogers, who did not provide this information in the FAQ,  and should not have designed it that way in the first place.

You certainly can and you should do that every time a promotion expires, regardless. As for the devil you know that's as good a reason as any but make no mistake, the other option that beigns with Bis no different. Friends use them and they have complaints as well