UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danno
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

No. This is the only one. I have a black screen for two channels - 28 and 29. I have rebooted several times. I blame Navigatr which is a real downgrade from what we had before.
robindp
I'm an Advisor

Hello @Danno,

Don't be too quick to blame Navigatr - I have seen these issues on RTN and SARA (pre-Navigatr) software on other cable boxes.

From what you told me, it sounds like a problem with signals to the box. Give Rogers technical support a call (1-888-ROGERS-1) - a technician visit can fix this problem. 

Danno
I Plan to Stick Around

I am not too quick to blame Navigatr but the functionality has been severely compromised. Commands that were quick and easy now take 10 or more clicks and other times are impossible to execute. The Search feature is idiotic and only shows VOD most of the time when it should display the live programming. Recording a series is not possible (try Conan). Navigatr will let you set one recording but not multiple ones for the series. There are no folders for recorded programs which are shuffled randomly with no order. The information in the icon is insufficiently brief even though there is tons of room to put in all the info like in the old user guide. Then there's the extremely slow response time and frequent crashes necessitating customer reboots.

As for my immediate problem, the channels are back now.
Danno
I Plan to Stick Around

As a resident expert I would hope you would realize by now this is not idle griping. Lots of people have genuine concerns about Navigatr and yet Rogers has a really flippant attitude towards them just dismissing them. One actually told me "you'll get used to it." That is not acceptable when there are real problems which are not exclusive to just myself but to thousands of customers who absolutely hate the new Navigatr. Thanks for listening.
robindp
I'm an Advisor

Hello @Danno,

@Danno wrote:
As a resident expert I would hope you would realize by now this is not idle griping. Lots of people have genuine concerns about Navigatr and yet Rogers has a really flippant attitude towards them just dismissing them. One actually told me "you'll get used to it." That is not acceptable when there are real problems which are not exclusive to just myself but to thousands of customers who absolutely hate the new Navigatr. Thanks for listening.

I understand your frustrations with Navigatr, I share them (remember: Resident Experts are customers, just like you).

It is good to hear that the channels are working again. 

Danno
I Plan to Stick Around

Cheers Robin!
mcfz
I've Been Around

I have been out of town for several weeks.  I came back and my box said I had been updated.  It is SUPER SLOW and I don't even have a PVR!

What is even more disturbing, is I was in Quebec and where I was staying had a very similar cable box for Videotron and THEIR SOFTWARE WAS SUPER FAST.

Rogers, I am a victim because of where I live today to use Rogers.   Once I move, I will ABANDON and PAY MORE if I have to ANYWHERE ELSE just for responsive television!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Although we seem to have come through the change to DST mostly unscathed, someone elsewhere noticed an anomaly on the recordings that were recorded before the change to DST. Those recordings no longer show the correct time that they were recorded.

For example, I record a programme called "Grand Designs" on CBC Vancouver at 6PM daily.

On the 9865 it shows those recorded programmes as recorded at 7PM
On AnyPlace Web it shows as recorded at 2PM
On RAPTV on my iPad it shows as 1PM.

I have no idea why AnyPlace and the PVR itself differ so much on recordings. We encountered the same thing before the change to DST - AnyPlace Web was different from RAPTV, which was different from the 9865 itself. Why can they not show the same times/programming?

I can understand why someone may wish to know the time of the recording so that you can schedule a future recording, or for other reasons.  Just another instance of Rogers' incompetence.  I do not recall this happening with RTN or SARA, although the first year that Rogers had an HDPVR (around 2004) they got the time change incorrect.

JeanJ
I've Been Here Awhile

I am so infuriated whit this....

Again today, tried to moved through the menu with my remote and it was so sluggish it deleted the show i was trying to watch because i could not see where the remote was.

THIS IS ENOUGH !!!!

ROGERS CHARGES AN EXORBITANT AMOUNT OF MONEY FOR US TO GET FRUSTRATED WITH THERE DECISION AND THE WORST PART IS THAT I AM STUCK WITH IT.

Bell doe'nt have Fibe in our area and i can't get anything better because their Internet is just a reliable.  Slow sluggish, drops signals, etc.......

GETTING TIRED OF BEING SCREWED ALL THE TIME !!!!

Riggernuts
I Plan to Stick Around

I totally agree. This whole navigator update is a joke. I don't understand how the engineering team can release such a poor product.  This is worse then beta testing. Time to step up Rogers and fix this mess, asap.

. just the plan guide don't work unless you use the work around everytime.