UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

There is one other workaround strategy that could be used for single recordings, besides using AnyPlace, since you cannot see the day, time, channel, etc. for single recordings...

Instead of scheduling the recording as a single recording, schedule it as a series - say "This timeslot only, this day of the week only".  You would then be able to see the date, the time, and the channel name (not number) for that scheduled recording. Once you're finished watching the recording, simply go to the "delete all scheduled recordings" option on the right side of the screen after clicking the tile.

I Plan to Stick Around

Instead of work around solutions, maybe Rogers can consider taking the square wheels off the Navigatr vehicle?

I Plan to Stick Around

@Danno wrote:

Instead of work around solutions, maybe Rogers can consider taking the square wheels off the Navigatr vehicle?

Danno, I agree that it's time for Rogers to take ownership of these problems they have created, and start offering solutions and a time-table for solutions.

As well though, I do appreciate those here who have discovered work-arounds to temporarily fix some of these issues.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@57 wrote:

There is one other workaround strategy that could be used for single recordings, besides using AnyPlace, since you cannot see the day, time, channel, etc. for single recordings...

Instead of scheduling the recording as a single recording, schedule it as a series - say "This timeslot only, this day of the week only".  You would then be able to see the date, the time, and the channel name (not number) for that scheduled recording. Once you're finished watching the recording, simply go to the "delete all scheduled recordings" option on the right side of the screen after clicking the tile.

Thanks for the suggestion.  While I do agree with the posts that suggest that Rogers just fix the problem this workaround seem like a usefull tactic that I will try.

I've Been Here Awhile

When I go to settingd it's just a blank screen without any options to hide or favourite.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This has been mentioned often in this Navigatr thread, to which your post was moved:

If you've got an 8642 (NB2) and you've tried rebooting several times, then the only way to get settings to show is usually to do a factory reset by calling Rogers.  This will erase your existing settings and your recordings.  Sometimes this can be related to a poor signal, so have Rogers check your signal before doing the factory reset.

Check out the following useful links - they will save you hours of frustration:

How To Navigatr:  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

Navigatr Issues List: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

How to CC: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just had a very interesting conversation with a Senior Rogers Tech.  My 3.0 and 2.0 were actually working perfectly yesterday...BUT today I noticed all tiles were without pictures...with the exception of 4 tiles that were suppose to have series scheduled for next Sunday...nothing showing scheduled when there should have been.  Daily recordings now only show 2...today and tomorrow...should show 5 (57 reported this in a different thread).  I also noticed both my Software Version # changed to 6.0.1.0110 and my Espial # changed to 6.08-1.1.90

The Rogers tech confirmed that there is an update that is being rolled out an area at a time...started end of last week...I just got mine overnight.  They are continuing to roll it out over the next week...the update is suppose to fix:

1.  slow responses on the 3.0 - he confirmed this was due to a memory leak (as many on here suspected)

2.  boxes that have a blank settings screen

3.  numerous other mystery items...boxes turning on and off by themselves, scheduled recordings missed.

I don't know whether it actually fixed any of the above or not as I have not recently experienced the above issues.  It does appear to have created new issues...i.e. scheduling recordings more than a few days out...gray boxes in lieu of pictures.  The tech said anyone here that has issues after they receive the new update should call Rogers so they are aware of how many people it is affecting.Smiley Sad

I'm a Senior Contributor

@molly222 wrote:

Just had a very interesting conversation with a Senior Rogers Tech.  My 3.0 and 2.0 were actually working perfectly yesterday...BUT today I noticed all tiles were without pictures...with the exception of 4 tiles that were suppose to have series scheduled for next Sunday...nothing showing scheduled when there should have been.  Daily recordings now only show 2...today and tomorrow...should show 5 (57 reported this in a different thread).  I also noticed both my Software Version # changed to 6.0.1.0110 and my Espial # changed to 6.08-1.1.90

The Rogers tech confirmed that there is an update that is being rolled out an area at a time...started end of last week...I just got mine overnight.  They are continuing to roll it out over the next week...the update is suppose to fix:

1.  slow responses on the 3.0 - he confirmed this was due to a memory leak (as many on here suspected)

3.  numerous other mystery items...boxes turning on and off by themselves, scheduled recordings missed.

I don't know whether it actually fixed any of the above or not as I have not recently experienced the above issues.  It does appear to have created new issues...i.e. scheduling recordings more than a few days out...gray boxes in lieu of pictures.  The tech said anyone here that has issues after they receive the new update should call Rogers so they are aware of how many people it is affecting.Smiley Sad

@molly222

Looking forward to this with bated breath...not....

Just curious where you find the Espial #?  I can see my firmware - still on 6.0.0.0132 but not the other piece of data you referenced. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DrMike wrote:

Just curious where you find the Espial #?  I can see my firmware - still on 6.0.0.0132 but not the other piece of data you referenced. 

Settings - Troubleshooting - About.

I'm an Advisor

@molly222 wrote:

@molly222

The #s on my NB3 boxes in MISSISSAUGA are now the same as your above.

The pictures on recordings are spooty, but expect they will fillup over the next day or so.

RE: Ease of use.. human factors fixes..

Have not yet had chance to check them out, but :

I hope they fixed the navigation around recordings.

e.g being able to do multiple tale deletes by going back to where you whre you were working

rather than always popping to the top of the recordings stack after each such delete.

And I hope a recording gets tagged as recorded as soon as its starts recording.

e.g. Some of us like to watch a program (or often more than one) several minutes afterit has started and at the end delete it after one has finishged watching it.