UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

I have a better idea. Trash the failed Navigatr update which everyone but Rogers seems to hate and roll out the previous U.I.

I know. I'm talking to the wall and so are thousands of other disatisfied customers.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@Danno wrote:

I have a better idea. Trash the failed Navigatr update which everyone but Rogers seems to hate and roll out the previous U.I.

I know. I'm talking to the wall and so are thousands of other disatisfied customers.

Speaking of talking to the wall, I went to Espial's wall/timeline on Facebook and posted a "review".  Copied here FYI 

"I notice with great interest, but perhaps not much surprise, that the last entry on your timeline is in December, i.e. PRE-DATING the unleashing of your NAVIGATR product on all of us hapless and helpless Rogers customers.

If ever there was a piece of poorly conceived, terribly badly implemented, retrogressive software posing as an "upgrade" this is it. Come on over the the Rogers Community Support Forums and read THOUSANDS of posts complaining about what a piece of garbage this software is. Compared to the system it replaced, it is demonstrably slower, requires chronic STB reboots due to what are probably memory leaks, is FAR more cumbersome, requires MANY more button presses/steps (e.g. 10 steps to get a simple lsiting of scheduled programs when all we needed was 2 steps before) and has LESS, not more functionality. I don't know what Rogers paid you for this, but let me just say you got away with highway robbery if you charged them even a dollar...."

I've Been Around

I have been out of town for several weeks.  I came back and my box said I had been updated.  It is SUPER SLOW and I don't even have a PVR!

What is even more disturbing, is I was in Quebec and where I was staying had a very similar cable box for Videotron and THEIR SOFTWARE WAS SUPER FAST.

Rogers, I am a victim because of where I live today to use Rogers.   Once I move, I will ABANDON and PAY MORE if I have to ANYWHERE ELSE just for responsive television!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Although we seem to have come through the change to DST mostly unscathed, someone elsewhere noticed an anomaly on the recordings that were recorded before the change to DST. Those recordings no longer show the correct time that they were recorded.

For example, I record a programme called "Grand Designs" on CBC Vancouver at 6PM daily.

On the 9865 it shows those recorded programmes as recorded at 7PM
On AnyPlace Web it shows as recorded at 2PM
On RAPTV on my iPad it shows as 1PM.

I have no idea why AnyPlace and the PVR itself differ so much on recordings. We encountered the same thing before the change to DST - AnyPlace Web was different from RAPTV, which was different from the 9865 itself. Why can they not show the same times/programming?

I can understand why someone may wish to know the time of the recording so that you can schedule a future recording, or for other reasons.  Just another instance of Rogers' incompetence.  I do not recall this happening with RTN or SARA, although the first year that Rogers had an HDPVR (around 2004) they got the time change incorrect.

I've Been Around

The new 'Navigatr' really is awful.   The new format is difficult to see, information is not accurate and actually incorrect in several places.  When searching for a t.v. show, a lot of info/recommendations appear that have no revelance to what we are searching for.  Finding it basically impossible to actually find any shows that I am looking for.   Accessing Closed Captioning is difficult and slow - seems to be a 3 or 4 step process now, compared to one step on the old menu.  The PVR function is also confusing and very slow, with way too much info/recommendations in the process.  I feel overwhelmed by all of the additional info, "you may also like...", boxes with movie titles, etc. - if I want to watch one of my recordings, why would I be interested in looking at movies?   Rogers on Demand television shows are not updated, some shows have disappeared and episodes are missing.  Using Navigatr has become a time consuming, frustrating experience.  Rogers attempted to 'fix' what was not broken.  We would like to see the previous search engine put back in place.

I Plan to Stick Around

Dear Rogers,

Please read the above comment carefully.

This is exactly how most of your customers feel about the new Navigatr U.I.

You absolutely must roll back Navigatr and only introduce it once you have fixed all of its many bugs.

I Plan to Stick Around

@taypat wrote:

The new 'Navigatr' really is awful.    We would like to see the previous search engine put back in place.

Hi taypat,  if you read back through this thread and others you'll find that hundreds of irate customers agree with you. 

It is hard to express how angry this Navigatr mess is making us. Rogers must want out of the cable business.  How else to explain this poor, poor customer service.   It appears they're trying to drive customers away.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@taypat wrote:

"you may also like...", boxes with movie titles, etc. - if I want to watch one of my recordings, why would I be interested in looking at movies?  

You can turn this off:

On many screens, searches, Info, etc, you will see the ‘More like This’ suggestions.  These can be disabled.

• Go into Settings
  • Related Content Settings
  • Don't Show

Also, check out the following links. They will save you hours of frustration:

How To: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

Navigatr Issues Listhttp://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

CC: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

I Plan to Stick Around

That's nice. But the old user guide would suggest "more like this" options that actually made sense. When searching for a hockey game it would show programs which were related unlike the ridiculous Navigatr which almost always shows Minions and other completely unrelated VOD programming as the "more like this" suggestion. Rogers has converted a useful feature into a useless device to sell more pay per view programming. This is a real disappointment to customers who expect an update to be an improvement. Instead, Navigatr has become an ongoing frustrating experience. Bring back the old user interface!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The "more like this" was bad on RTN too. It has nothing to do with the firmware, but everything to do with what Rogers is trying to sell.  It might have been useful a couple of years ago, but it hasn't been truly useful in over a year.  I turned the feature off when I got my 9865 over 2 years ago.

RTN is gone and will not come back, sorry.