UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@57 wrote:

The change to DST is handled differently by different devices/firmware.  For example the SA8300HD with SARA has 2AM Sunday "missing" to compensate for the time change. While Navigatr has programming shown at 2AM Sunday, but the programme timing thereafter is "incorrect" by 1 hour.  (I assume this "incorrect" time will be corrected by the firmware at 2AM)  I believe it was the same with RTN, but I can't remember for sure.

I suggest people check all their various devices on Sunday morning to see if the time is correct and to see if  existing scheduled recordings (series and single) are set properly.

It's also probably not a bad idea to wait until Sunday to programme in any new recordings for next week, rather than now.

I noticed this the hard way...had one off recordings scheduled for Sunday and now they're all gone.  All series scheduled recordings are there, but the times are all shifted by an hour.  I had Navigatr for the last time change and I can't say that I remember this problem coming up???

Can a ROGERS MODERATOR please confirm to all of us that the guide will be fixed as of Sunday at 2:00 a.m.  I just want to ensure messing the guide up was on purpose and that it will be fixed accordingly (thank-you).

I'm a Senior Contributor

@molly222 wrote:

@57 wrote:

The change to DST is handled differently by different devices/firmware.  For example the SA8300HD with SARA has 2AM Sunday "missing" to compensate for the time change. While Navigatr has programming shown at 2AM Sunday, but the programme timing thereafter is "incorrect" by 1 hour.  (I assume this "incorrect" time will be corrected by the firmware at 2AM)  I believe it was the same with RTN, but I can't remember for sure.

I suggest people check all their various devices on Sunday morning to see if the time is correct and to see if  existing scheduled recordings (series and single) are set properly.

It's also probably not a bad idea to wait until Sunday to programme in any new recordings for next week, rather than now.

I noticed this the hard way...had one off recordings scheduled for Sunday and now they're all gone.  All series scheduled recordings are there, but the times are all shifted by an hour.  I had Navigatr for the last time change and I can't say that I remember this problem coming up???

Can a ROGERS MODERATOR please confirm to all of us that the guide will be fixed as of Sunday at 2:00 a.m.  I just want to ensure messing the guide up was on purpose and that it will be fixed accordingly (thank-you).

I just checked on a scheduled series where the next scheduled episode to record is after the time change and instead of showing that is is going to record from 10 to 11 pm (correct time slot), it has it showing as being schduled to record from 9 to 10 pm (incorrect time slot; when presumably there will be a whole other program going).  

It may be as simple as when the system time changes over at 2 am on Sunday that all will be "re-slotted" accordingly, but I have zero faith in anything Rogers or Navigatr at this time. I will be checking ALL of my scheduled series after 2 am on Sunday and I hope I don't have to delete them all and re-do every single one of them. *THAT* might be the last straw for me.....

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, 

Can someone from Rogers confirm for us that the correction will be made.

I will still be checking it myself Sunday Morning and not setting any further recordings till then.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@rgottinger wrote:

@User14 wrote:

Hi all,

9 March 2016.

Here's a new one. Turned on the 9865HD Nextbox today.   - Nothing!!

Couldn't get a thing. the PVR and TV were on but just a blank screen.

Checked source and all the usual stuff.   I had to unplug it to reboot and then it worked. 

When will Rogers realize that this HW/SW combination is defective? 

Unfortunately, you just can't take this defective product back to the store. 

Funny, I just turned on 9865HD and it worked just fine.

Most days my 9865HD turns on and off just fine too, but today (9 Mar 2016) my PVRs seemed to be having trouble. Maintenance maybe? I doubt it was a one-off glitch so I thought I would let the community know.

Some people just don't report problems to Rogers unfortunately.  For examply, my 8642HD kept pausing or loosing the TV signal this morning. I didn't report it. If I did, Rogers would just tell me to reboot. There are lots of defects, both HW and SW for Rogers to resolve.  I don't know if any of the problems that have been posted in this community have ever been fixed?  Unfortunately, we are never told anything by anyone from Rogers.

Funny, but sad too.    

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Most days my 9865HD turns on and off just fine too, but today (9 Mar 2016) my PVRs seemed to be having trouble. Maintenance maybe? I doubt it was a one-off glitch so I thought I would let the community know.

Some people just don't report problems to Rogers unfortunately.  For examply, my 8642HD kept pausing or loosing the TV signal this morning. I didn't report it. If I did, Rogers would just tell me to reboot. There are lots of defects, both HW and SW for Rogers to resolve.  I don't know if any of the problems that have been posted in this community have ever been fixed?  Unfortunately, we are never told anything by anyone from Rogers.

Funny, but sad too.    

There could well have been maintenance outside your house that impacted the signal. I know that when i first got the 9865HD about 2 years ago (long before Navigatr) it was misbehaving and they checked the incoming signal and it was fine but once inside the old coax caused significant degradation in signal strength. All of the coax was replaced and since then its been fine. I don't like some of the behaviors of Navigatr but  it has been stable. Perhaps today was a one off and hopefully that is the case, As for not reporting things and relying on this board as a medium to report problems, that doesn't make sense.

Good evening folks,

Intended functionality is that recorded programs will naturally shift to account for daylight savings time. 

I hope that clears this up,

RogersCorey

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@rgottinger wrote:

There could well have been maintenance outside your house that impacted the signal. I know that when i first got the 9865HD about 2 years ago (long before Navigatr) it was misbehaving and they checked the incoming signal and it was fine but once inside the old coax caused significant degradation in signal strength. All of the coax was replaced and since then its been fine. I don't like some of the behaviors of Navigatr but  it has been stable. Perhaps today was a one off and hopefully that is the case, As for not reporting things and relying on this board as a medium to report proble,s, that doesn't make sense.

When one tries to report a problem to Rogers, they will send out a Technician.  I have done that and they did arrive and changed all the cables - exterior and interior. They said the signal strength was good. We had a few minor problems after that, but once the new Navigatr Software was installed we have had continuous signal problems, recording problems and slowness problems on both our PVRs. The loss of signal on the 8642 box is a new issue and just the latest problem. The picture just goes black, then continues. Why? Who knows.  We have rebooted the PVRs countless times.  I even had an opportunity to mention these Navigatr issues to someone in the Office of the President.  She did not even listen or acknowledge that problems existed.  "Reluctance to change" was the response. The only people who seem to have any real interest in solving these client problems or providing useful feedback are the volunteers using this board. Therefore, it makes sense to me to let them know what is actually happening with my equipment. I know that the REs read these messages because some contributors have communicated privately to get more information.  

Sadly reporting problems to Rogers doesn't seem to go anywhere although one Rogers employee did say that issues were being passed on to someone, somewhere. As I asked previously, has Rogers ever acknowledged any of the many problems and issues raised by the contributors and REs on this board? Have Rogers ever indicated that an issue has been identified or fixed?  Many clients have asked this kind of question in one way or another, but silence prevails. In my view, one-way communication does not help the clients of Rogers who report a problem. You need an answer. 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@User14 wrote:

Sadly reporting problems to Rogers doesn't seem to go anywhere although one Rogers employee did say that issues were being passed on to someone, somewhere. As I asked previously, has Rogers ever acknowledged any of the many problems and issues raised by the contributors and REs on this board? Have Rogers ever indicated that an issue has been identified or fixed?  Many clients have asked this kind of question in one way or another, but silence prevails. In my view, one-way communication does not help the clients of Rogers who report a problem. You need an answer. 

And yet I had my issues resolved. Perhaps its time to change providers if the issues aren't resolved to your satisfaction?

I Plan to Stick Around

On top of all the other issues, the new Navigatr (or should I say Aggravator?) is depriving us of at least two of the channels we are paying Rogers for. Channels 28 and 29 to be specific. There may be more. I did not check. And yes, I did the reboot and rebooted the setbox many times. This seems to be the only answer Rogers has to the many complaints about Navigatr. When will they listen to their customers and shelve this inferior product until they have worked out its many bugs?

I'm an Advisor

Hello @Danno,

A few quests for you:

- What cable box model do you have?

- How is the cable from the wall connected to the cable box - is it connected directly, or via another device? (VCR, RF modulator, DVD recorder, etc).