cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Community,

On December 15, 2015, I let everyone know that we had started to roll out the updated Navigatr guide.  Take a look here for that post. 

As we continue to roll out the update, customers will be notified ahead of time that they will be getting the new software.

If you have received the updated Navigatr software (i.e. since December 15, 2015) and would like to ask a question and/or share your findings/learnings, please do so in THIS THREAD.  

As always, the Community Guidelines and Terms of Use apply.

Thanks very much for keeping the community a pleasant place to be!

~RogersMargaret

1,177 REPLIES 1,177

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

User14
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Hi all,

9 March 2016.

Here's a new one. Turned on the 9865HD Nextbox today.   - Nothing!!

Couldn't get a thing. the PVR and TV were on but just a blank screen.

Checked source and all the usual stuff.   I had to unplug it to reboot and then it worked. 

When will Rogers realize that this HW/SW combination is defective? 

Unfortunately, you just can't take this defective product back to the store. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The change to DST is handled differently by different devices/firmware.  For example the SA8300HD with SARA has 2AM Sunday "missing" to compensate for the time change. While Navigatr has programming shown at 2AM Sunday, but the programme timing thereafter is "incorrect" by 1 hour.  (I assume this "incorrect" time will be corrected by the firmware at 2AM)  I believe it was the same with RTN, but I can't remember for sure.

I suggest people check all their various devices on Sunday morning to see if the time is correct and to see if  existing scheduled recordings (series and single) are set properly.

It's also probably not a bad idea to wait until Sunday to programme in any new recordings for next week, rather than now.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I also noticed that the Zap2it Guide skips an hour.  If anyone is curious enough they can schedule a recording from 1:00am to 4:00am and see what they get.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

rgottinger
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@User14 wrote:

Hi all,

9 March 2016.

Here's a new one. Turned on the 9865HD Nextbox today.   - Nothing!!

Couldn't get a thing. the PVR and TV were on but just a blank screen.

Checked source and all the usual stuff.   I had to unplug it to reboot and then it worked. 

When will Rogers realize that this HW/SW combination is defective? 

Unfortunately, you just can't take this defective product back to the store. 

Funny, I just turned on 9865HD and it worked just fine.

molly222
I Plan to Stick Around

@57 wrote:

The change to DST is handled differently by different devices/firmware.  For example the SA8300HD with SARA has 2AM Sunday "missing" to compensate for the time change. While Navigatr has programming shown at 2AM Sunday, but the programme timing thereafter is "incorrect" by 1 hour.  (I assume this "incorrect" time will be corrected by the firmware at 2AM)  I believe it was the same with RTN, but I can't remember for sure.

I suggest people check all their various devices on Sunday morning to see if the time is correct and to see if  existing scheduled recordings (series and single) are set properly.

It's also probably not a bad idea to wait until Sunday to programme in any new recordings for next week, rather than now.

I noticed this the hard way...had one off recordings scheduled for Sunday and now they're all gone.  All series scheduled recordings are there, but the times are all shifted by an hour.  I had Navigatr for the last time change and I can't say that I remember this problem coming up???

Can a ROGERS MODERATOR please confirm to all of us that the guide will be fixed as of Sunday at 2:00 a.m.  I just want to ensure messing the guide up was on purpose and that it will be fixed accordingly (thank-you).