UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

What they did was get me to reboot the box and open a ticket.I tolfd them I know a reboot will fix the problem.Temporarily.They need to figure out why  the problem keeps returning and affecting some boxes.I'm sure in the next couple of days I'll get a message that the ticket has been cleared.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Lost my on demand service again. Reboots don't do anything.
Steve
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone else noticed the navigator guide is not taking into  consideration the time shift on Sunday at 2 a.m.

My older pvr guide shows 1 am and then 3 am 

The navigator shows 1 am, 2am and 3 am.

As a result the shows that normally start at 8 p.m on Sunday are being listed at 7 pm.

Am I missing something here??

I'm a Senior Advisor

@denisecanuck Wow! I have an 8300 with the SARA Guide and on Sunday I see 1:00am - 1:30am -3:00am - 3:30am.   That's the night of the clocks get turned an hour ahead. Looks like your Navigatr is missing the time change. I wonder if they'll fix it in time. What if had been 1999? Would Navigatr have survived Y2K?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

I think the "old ones" are better than the "young ones" and I mean people and pvrs!!!!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That's true.I was just  thinking the other day that since Scientific Atlanta  sold out that the newer generation of boxes has far more problems and are less reliable.So much for progress.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Hi all,

9 March 2016.

Here's a new one. Turned on the 9865HD Nextbox today.   - Nothing!!

Couldn't get a thing. the PVR and TV were on but just a blank screen.

Checked source and all the usual stuff.   I had to unplug it to reboot and then it worked. 

When will Rogers realize that this HW/SW combination is defective? 

Unfortunately, you just can't take this defective product back to the store. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The change to DST is handled differently by different devices/firmware.  For example the SA8300HD with SARA has 2AM Sunday "missing" to compensate for the time change. While Navigatr has programming shown at 2AM Sunday, but the programme timing thereafter is "incorrect" by 1 hour.  (I assume this "incorrect" time will be corrected by the firmware at 2AM)  I believe it was the same with RTN, but I can't remember for sure.

I suggest people check all their various devices on Sunday morning to see if the time is correct and to see if  existing scheduled recordings (series and single) are set properly.

It's also probably not a bad idea to wait until Sunday to programme in any new recordings for next week, rather than now.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I also noticed that the Zap2it Guide skips an hour.  If anyone is curious enough they can schedule a recording from 1:00am to 4:00am and see what they get.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@User14 wrote:

Hi all,

9 March 2016.

Here's a new one. Turned on the 9865HD Nextbox today.   - Nothing!!

Couldn't get a thing. the PVR and TV were on but just a blank screen.

Checked source and all the usual stuff.   I had to unplug it to reboot and then it worked. 

When will Rogers realize that this HW/SW combination is defective? 

Unfortunately, you just can't take this defective product back to the store. 

Funny, I just turned on 9865HD and it worked just fine.