UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

I don't know what it read before but that is what my Espial# is now.

I've Been Around

ROGERS, please bring back previous features of the PVR (prior to Navigtr).

1.  While watching a recorded PVR program and you press "Info" for information of the recorded show being watched, the show stops and goes back to the menu.  Before you could see the recorded info while watching.  Rogers, please change back to the way it was.

2.  Show info text.  Long show info text gets cutoff.  The old system would scroll through the paragraph.  Rogers, please change back.

3.  While watching recorded shows, when you press the green "list" button, the show stops and you cannot hear the audio.

The previous system would play the show.  Rogers, please change back.

I've Been Around

There are so many usability issues with this guide. I have a hard time believing this was user tested, and by user I mean someone who isn't an engineer. To start: 1) the list of programs now mashes recorded programs together with scheduled. It's impossible to tell what's recorded or scheduled unless you click on each one. 2) if there are two episodes of a show on one day, no way to tell which is first. 3) the "favourites" button turns your default guide button to favourites. You have to scroll through and change your view. How about you keep the buttons/commands separate? Rogers has essentially taken a decent guide and made it utterly useless. I'm a strong user if technology. This isn't an issue with ciping with change, rather having to deal with terrible UX.
I Plan to Stick Around

@jbulach wrote:

Got the new Navigatr last night here in Ottawa. I agree with the other posts, I like it. I have tried all features and have had no problems. I am sure there will be a few tweaks required, but that’s OK.

I have noticed over the year that quite a few users suffer from R2C, “Resistance To Change”. As Mr. Bean A.K.A. Justin Trudeau said its 2016, get over it and enjoy.

Do you have a PVR? It seems that most of the problems are there.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@CC wrote:

@jbulach wrote:

Got the new Navigatr last night here in Ottawa. I agree with the other posts, I like it. I have tried all features and have had no problems. I am sure there will be a few tweaks required, but that’s OK.

I have noticed over the year that quite a few users suffer from R2C, “Resistance To Change”. As Mr. Bean A.K.A. Justin Trudeau said its 2016, get over it and enjoy.

Do you have a PVR? It seems that most of the problems are there.

I have a PVR and my issues are strictly usability.

I've Been Here Awhile

Our 2 year bundle is coming to an end this month, so I was talking to Rogers tonight about a new deal (no waiting on hold on Saturday night!) and the rep said there is supposed to be a Navigatr update coming in "the next couple of weeks". How much truth there is in this statement, I don't know, but you can always live in hope!

The only way I will keep the cable tv service is if I upgrade to a Nextbox 3 from our current Nextbox 2. Can anyone tell me the difference for Navigatr in performance/storage/speed I might expect to see if I upgrade? Thanks.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Beelzebot wrote:

Our 2 year bundle is coming to an end this month, so I was talking to Rogers tonight about a new deal (no waiting on hold on Saturday night!) and the rep said there is supposed to be a Navigatr update coming in "the next couple of weeks". How much truth there is in this statement, I don't know, but you can always live in hope!

The only way I will keep the cable tv service is if I upgrade to a Nextbox 3 from our current Nextbox 2. Can anyone tell me the difference for Navigatr in performance/storage/speed I might expect to see if I upgrade? Thanks.

That next couple of weeks has been coming now for about 2 months. They are frustrated and thats all they got. 

Steve
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@CC wrote:

@jbulach wrote:

@jbulach

When I first started reading your post I thought this was satire, from the Onion or the Beaverton. You can't be serious. "I agree with the other posts, I like it". Please point me to these 'other posts'. In fact, point me to ONE post from someone besides you who actually thinks this is a good piece of software. With respect, if you actually like its functionality (or lack thereof) compared to even the previous system, then you must have a VERY low bar indeed.

This is NOT about resistance to change. I am an early adopter of almost everything, yet I can tell you from a development perspective, Navigatr is a retrogressive piece of junk.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That post by @ was posted February 2nd, right after he got the new firmware.  He hasn't been back since.  No need to waste further time on his comments.

I'm an Advisor

Hello @Beelzebot,

@Beelzebot wrote:

Can anyone tell me the difference for Navigatr in performance/storage/speed I might expect to see if I upgrade?

There is a MASSIVE difference in speed between the NextBox 2 and NextBox 3 - in my experience, the newer box does not suffer the excessive lag when navigating the recorded items list or changing channels (or even scrolling down the guide) that the older box does. 

Be be aware that some people are experiencing lag even with the newer box - resolved by a quick reboot (I am not seeing this problem). 

Coming on PPV!
Real Madrid vs. Atlético (Athletic) Bilbao Live
LIVE: Saturday April 21, 2019 10AM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499 | 391 (beIN English) 392 (beIN Spanish)
Price: $5.99 (HD) | $5.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $5.99 | (beIN subscription $14.99/mo.)
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Real Madrid faces Athletic Bilbao in a regular la liga league soccer match. Subscribe to beIN Sports for $14.99/mo. to get the game and more La Liga and international Sporting events.

Crawford vs. Khan Live
LIVE: Saturday April 20, 2019 9PM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $79.99 (HD) | $74.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $79.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Undefeated virtuoso Terence "Bud" Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs) will defend his welterweight world title against British boxing royalty Amir "King" Khan (33-4, 20 KOs) in a collision of superstars.