UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@remaxman wrote:

tv call display doesnt work with navigator. I can boot the box and it comes back for a few hours. This has been going on for a few weeks now. 

Unfortunately requires a loss of recordings.. but i wonder if it requires a factory reset?

Does your settings menu work?

The call display here works just fine.. came up multiple times here last night with calls.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Works fine on my other two non PVR boxes. Can not get anything on the nb3. Can not get into the settings menu.
Steve
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Then that is my guess.. its part in parcel with that.

There seems to be a small subset which can not access the settings menu.. i think its from a partially botched UPGRADE to the navigatr.

Only real solution is to do a full factory reset. 
This usually fixes the settings part, and likley the CID part..
BUT, it wipes all the recordings Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

In one of the Closed Captioning threads, there are new instructions on how to turn CC on/off, whether you're in a recording or watching live:

Press "Guide" - "Info" - up arrow twice - you are presented with the option to turn CC on or off. Looks like you can also do language options (and DV) in that menu if applicable.

I don't know whether this was added in a recent firmware update, or whether it was there all along and we couldn't find it. Either way it indicates a very unintuitive design, that doesn't even exist in Rogers' "How To" (that I could find).

I've Been Here Awhile

I think there's a couple of things that went backwards.

1.  You can easily see your schedule programs anymore without putting on a filter and applying it.  This is a step backwards.

2.  When a program is recording you when you go to it, it defaults to the the last fully recorded program first, instead of the currently recording program on the PVR.  This causes much confusion when you play and realise that you've already played it before.

3.  I know that the PVR is affected by how much space is left on the hard drive.  So why not let the user choose a better experience to limit off 10-15% of the hard drive space to the PVR for better performance.  When I'm full I can't do anything, unless I delete stuff.  That's not acceptable. 

Those three things will make it infinetly usable until you guys go IPTV.

I'm an Advisor

@yungdai wrote:

I think there's a couple of things that went backwards.

1.  You can easily see your schedule programs anymore without putting on a filter and applying it.  This is a step backwards.

2.  When a program is recording you when you go to it, it defaults to the the last fully recorded program first, instead of the currently recording program on the PVR.  This causes much confusion when you play and realise that you've already played it before.

3.  I know that the PVR is affected by how much space is left on the hard drive.  So why not let the user choose a better experience to limit off 10-15% of the hard drive space to the PVR for better performance.  When I'm full I can't do anything, unless I delete stuff.  That's not acceptable. 

Those three things will make it infinetly usable until you guys go IPTV.

Hi @yungdai

Re #1.  There are far easier (more intuitive) ways the Rogers could program the machine  flip to "scheduled" recordings only. e.g How about hitting [list} a second time so we can toggle between "all" and just the "scheduled" recordings ?

Agree on #2.  We asked Rogers to mark a program that is being recorded as "recorded" not "scheduled".

Rogers  has not done so yet, even though that is exactly what it is.  How can a program still be scheduled if its already recording ?

#3. Suggestion: Do you have an NB2 with small storage?  If so, and it is rented, take it back and get an NB3.

If you own it, consider putting a bigger HD in  it.  If its an NB3, get a second one. Any of these will at least double the # of recordings you can save.

I've Been Here Awhile

The Navigator is a visual nightmare. It needs a seperate screen for scheduled recording!!!  The Navigator is a leap backwards from the simple list that had all info on one line. This needs a seperate "scheduled programs" screen that has the date, channel, time of programming; as it was wiyh the old. You can't find the channel/time of the program you had scheduled to tell a friend where to record it.  It is stuck on at the end of your recordings without as much as a space or title where the sheduled ones begin.

WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG???

I Plan to Stick Around

@GF2 wrote:

"WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG???"

Many of us have been asking that since we got the first roll out on July 28th!!!

On Demand and search function is now working. Did they update something? I checked the navigator software screen and it still says 132. Did any other fixtures we have been asking for been added?

Steve

My Espial # has changed. anyone else? 6.0.8-1.1.90

Steve