UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@pierrevz wrote:

7. It is impossible to see scheduling conflicts;

8. Without the details of the scheduled recordings, one cannot make changes to channels or time slots;

I take it you have a NB2 because a scheduling with a NB3 is hard to imagine.  What happens when you try scheduling 3 recordings overlapping? The 8300 gives me a choice of which of the three to cancel. The only unknown is what happens when a scheduled show comes back off hiatus causing a conflict. If Navigatr was written with only the NB3 in mind, I can see where they may have ignored possible conflicts due to the extremely low probability it could happen except as an experiment.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Curious to know if NB3 could technically run SARA?

Like others here, my 8300 ran better that anything.

When they upgraded the interface(software) to it a few years ago, I actually insisted that they roll it back to original software.

They then put some kind of "do not upgrade" flag on my account & I was fine for a couple of years after that.

Now I long to have SARA on my NB3!

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@park wrote:

Previously (in RTN and July28 Navi) they were also there but completely hidden, mysteriously appearing when the next program was <6 days away.   Depending on ones recording/viewing habits they built-up over time and could only be removed with a factory-reset which also wipes out all your recordings.

They were not completely hidden.

You had options to show Recordings, Scheduled, by PVR etc. and by Series.  If you went into the Series, they were there.

How many software updates have we had since Navigator first came out?
Steve

tv call display doesnt work with navigator. I can boot the box and it comes back for a few hours. This has been going on for a few weeks now. 

Steve
I Plan to Stick Around

What happens when you try scheduling 3 recordings overlapping? The 8300 gives me a choice of which of the three to cancel. The only unknown is what happens when a scheduled show comes back off hiatus causing a conflict. If Navigatr was written with only the NB3 in mind, I can see where they may have ignored possible conflicts due to the extremely low probability it could happen except as an experiment.

With the NB2 it gives you a choice if there is a conflict when you are initialling setting it up.  If a conflict occurrs after this...which actually happens a lot...show runs after by 1 or 2 minutes, comes back from break, etc., (happens to me about 4 or 5 times every week)...what Navigatr does is just drops one of the shows and doesn't record it...not sure how it decides. Pre-navigatr it would have a danger sort of symbol in your listing letting you know of the conflict so you could fix it.  This new way of just dropping recordings at random is EXTREMELY aggravating and not what any properly designed PVR should do!

@remaxman wrote:

tv call display doesnt work with navigator. I can boot the box and it comes back for a few hours. This has been going on for a few weeks now. 

No problem whasoever on my box. Perhaps you need a service visit or new hardware

I Plan to Stick Around

@mfait wrote:

@park wrote:

Previously (in RTN and July28 Navi) they were also there but completely hidden, mysteriously appearing when the next program was <6 days away.   Depending on ones recording/viewing habits they built-up over time and could only be removed with a factory-reset which also wipes out all your recordings.

They were not completely hidden.

You had options to show Recordings, Scheduled, by PVR etc. and by Series.  If you went into the Series, they were there.

Yes.  And you could use that screen to change the priority of series recordings.  Now I have no idea how to change priority.  (Except when you schedule something for the first time - when it gives you a choice to make it higher priority than anything else or lowest priority.  Not sure if that only happens when there is a conflict, or if it always asks.)

Zero updates here in Waterloo Region since Navigatr came out.

When is the next new guide coming out?  Getting bored with this old one.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have had so many issues since the navigatr update, most of the ones discussed here.
However I have a new one just in the last few weeks. I have a PVR that only records 2 shows at a time. When it's about to record 2 shows and I'm on a different channel, it will give you a warning "stop tuning which channel in 2 minutes". It will give you the option to cancel viewing either the 2 set recordings or the current channel. Usually if its left on its own it cancel viewing the current channel and tunes to one of the recordings. In the past couple of weeks if you don't select a channel to cancel tuning, it will freeze on the current channel and not tape one recording. I can view the guide and the recordings page and try to select a new channel but nothing changes the channel. Guide says both shows are recording but only one is. Can't tune away from the channel unless PVR is unplugged and restarted.
Anyone else have this problem??